• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Powers and Abilities major problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah, before you wonder who the hell I am, check my profile, I've been here for a while anyways I wan't to talk about something serious today, like serious AF.

We all know that each character profile has a Powers and Abilities section where all of the powers are listed, however there are major problems with this matter.

And the most critical problem is the SCANS. By now you should all know that I'm a scan psychopath who begs for them harder than a Hobo on a street but that's beside the point.

You come across a character like This or this, and you start wondering... where the hell do all these abilities come from? They are simply listed there and no one gives a damn people want to know where they come from, because I'm pretty sure that many people want to know where the abilities come from, instead of having to ask and bother knowledgeable members to give you the necessary information. This is why people prefer to go to Reddit and search for Respect threads, because there are just claims of these abilities that no one can actually locate through the page which should be a top priority.

This does not affect just other users or visitors who are interested in finding Informatio, it heavily affects the versus debates as well. Because anyone can just put together two characters cuz they got similar hax so everyone who's lost in the dark ain't got a brightest idea how these abilities work. It's really problematic, and I have no idea why no one else brought that up, at least I'm not aware of anyone that did.

Solutio

I can name more than one solution for this kind of thing if staff and moderators do believe this is a good thing which from my Point of view is because this is a big reason VSBW gets criticized.

Firsty, if you look at these Two examples You can actually see the effort and this is the kind of thing Reddit has over this wiki, they give the raw source, they literally post scans to every single ability out there, these kinds of threads should be made for every page and pinned onto the character wall under a specific section or just as a note.

Another suggestion would be if all the scans related to the listed powers and abilities would actually be linked on the page itself, so that you can actually click lets say Soul Manipulationand actually see the specific scan for a character. I mean some characters even have a link to the specified ability but not every one so that is really half assed and it's not esthetic and satisfying and it probably enrages more people who want the complete scan set of the abilities.

I think you got the idea, This would require lots of work but would at least help in more than one way.

I agree that it is more helpful to link to scans with examples, but it just isn't remotely realistic for us to revise over 15500 profile pages, much less somehow finds scans for all of them. It would take several thousand hours of work.

So basically, we can encourage people to make the profiles as thorough and informative as possible, but not force them, much less find 20-30 example images for every single character on our own, most of which the staff do not know a lot about. Sorry.

Finding scans explaining any details of how one ability works could be time-consuming, if want to known how it works you can find the respect thread of the character. Furthermore, generally scans are posted during vsthreads, so one have to show evidence of how it works sooner or later.

It doesn't have to be that complicated, irrelevant pages that no one visits can be skipped.

And at the very least, a reasoning behind a power and an ability can be specified, or maybe the oag could just link to a Reddit respect thread instead? Most calcls I've seen are taken from Naruto forms so i don't see the problem.

I am ready to help with scan project though, I've been hoarding Masses of scans throughout my time as a debater

Antoniofer said:
Furthermore, generally scans are posted during vsthreads, so one have to show evidence of how it works sooner or later.
That's a massive lie, I've been ignored most times Ove asked for scans rather than getting them.

My apologies, but, again, finding around 400000 scans with evidence and adding them to all of our profile pages just isn't remotely realistic. That suggestion is firmly rejected.

People are free to link to high quality respect threads in the footnote sections though.

It's insane but it's possible, it doesn't have to be made over night, and I'm sure people who are fans of popular verse would consider partaking in this.

Doesn't it sound like perfection? To have every bit of Info at the grasp of your hand?

Well if that isn't a possibility I'll do this myself and Link pages to every respect thread that provides enough info IG

Got ninjas but Triforce has a good suggestion.

Just make a thread with enough scans for one ability, it could be just a single scan tbh, and one that isn't PIS or Outlier or Inconsistently is enough.

We cannot demand that the staff should collectively spend several thousand hours looking for scans to an impossibly unrealistic project, especially not so soon after major wiki crises. I would appreciate if you are reasonable and permanently drop this subject. Thank you.

Damn shutting this down like this?

Aight then Mang, you can close this then if no one feels like actualy improving on this, there are lots of pages it's true but lots of scans have already been collected in other sources, and t wouldn't be that time consuming but aight ig

Well, you are free to add respect threads to footnote sections. It is just that we do not have the time and energy to find scans for several thousand pages. Sorry.

Anyway, I will close this then. I hope that there are no hard feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back