• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Power Supression

What is a cool example of suppression of a character?

I have a question, when a charater has the ability to reduce/low his power level and suppress himself making him run slower, less strength, etc than on his normal "form" and even getting exhausted, like if he gets weaker(with normal form i mean like if he was doing nothing, not suppressing, just walking or something, obviously stronger than suppressed state). Is that argument valid for a vsbattle debate?

Code:
Ex: "ja but that character can suppress himself in purpose and be killed by dante" or saying X character is better than him cuz he could attack him when he is suppressed by no reason (suppressed is waaay weaker than on his normal state). From what i know, we use characters on their normal or peak state but not a suppressed/weaker state right? Like when goku heavily suppressed himself and got damaged by rocks, something similar. Do we use that highly suppressed goku for vsbattles or that is just stupid and not used for vsbattles debates? I guess in narrative purposes, getting killed when the character was suppressing himself by no reason does count but vsbattles doesnt use narrative purposes and could be a cool concept for a story. Goku got damaged by the rock while his power level was suppressed. That doesnt mean we can use THAT goku to fight against cell or frieza and say "steve of minecraft could kill goku in that form or approach him faster than his suppressed state can feel him and gets killed, therefore, steve wins die to X character being suppressed on that moment"
Obviously the character will not use his suppressed state for a fight in which he can be killed. Its logic

Is that a valid excuse or not because its quite dumb to use a suppressed state of the character for a vsbattle? When i mean he suppress himself i dont mean like giving mercy like typical cocky character who says "i will use only 10% for you" and starts dodging, mocking, etc, i mean he literally reduces his power level and gets the power level of a human and limit his capacities, he cant do things he could on his "not suppressed state" by entering a weaker state on purpose. Like, if he could see light speed attacks on normal state but on his suppressed/weaker state he cant even see bullets, runs slower and gets exhausted faster, less strength, etc.

Basically if the character suppresses his power level to be weaker to train harder and better idk instead of maybe...reducing his magic power that buffs his stats, would that count as an argument as a character weakness and valid for a debate?

EX: this character could kill him while he was suppressed with a sniper or moving extremely fast

Can someone explain me the 2 questions please.

Back