• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Power Scaling

Mr_Sugabz

He/Him
Hey there, I’ve got a question for you.

Let’s say we have two characters, A and B. A is a monster who is physically much stronger than B, who is just a human. However, Character A always toys around and doesn’t fight seriously against B. Even though one of his attacks could easily defeat Character B, he doesn’t finish him off right away. As a result, B can win against A using his sword skills.

So, my question is, could B potentially gain more AP and Speed than A?
In terms of power scaling, would you say that B is superior to Character A (Char B > Char A)?

Hey there, I’ve got a question for you.

Let’s say we have two characters, A and B. A is a monster who is physically much stronger than B, who is just a human. However, Character A always toys around and doesn’t fight seriously against B. Even though one of his attacks could easily defeat Character B, he doesn’t finish him off right away. As a result, B can win against A using his sword skills.

So, my question is, could B potentially gain more AP and Speed than A?
In terms of power scaling, would you say that B is superior to Character A (Char B > Char A)?
A (Full Power) > B > A (Suppressed).

No. If Character A is demonstrated to be much stronger than Character B, with Character B only surviving because Character A is not going all out, Character B defeating Character A would not mean that B scales to A when going all out, they only scale to Char A when Char A is holding back

No. If Character A is demonstrated to be much stronger than Character B, with Character B only surviving because Character A is not going all out, Character B defeating Character A would not mean that B scales to A when going all out, they only scale to Char A when Char A is holding back
Yh, basically what I said but said better.

A (Full Power) > B > A (Suppressed).

So, does this mean I can revise the character tiers that have already been applied on the Wiki?

I’m puzzled as to why VSB assigned Hypersonic speed to Guts because he could match Wyald. However, the Wyald he was up against wasn’t serious at all. Even Guts himself mentioned that Wyald was merely parrying his attacks using reflexes.

With this, am I correct in saying that Guts should not have the same speed as Wyald?

So, does this mean I can revise the character tiers that have already been applied on the Wiki?

I’m puzzled as to why VSB assigned Hypersonic speed to Guts because he could match Wyald. However, the Wyald he was up against wasn’t serious at all. Even Guts himself mentioned that Wyald was merely parrying his attacks using reflexes.

With this, am I correct in saying that Guts should not have the same speed as Wyald?
Yeah, I'd agree with you from what I'm hearing but I don't know the full context so I don't wanna make a set opinion until then.

Make a CRT if you disagree with a certain rating on a profile. Make sure you explain your reasonings clearly and provide evidence/scans of your claims.

You aren't allowed to make that kind of change to a profile without one.

Back