• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Power Rangers revisions

Firestorm808

VS Battles
Administrator
Below is the Attack Potency of Tommy Oliver

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Tommy_Oliver

Attack Potency: Large Island level+ (Comparable to Jaso. Defeated Goldar and Rito Revolto) | Planet level(Matched swords with Red Ranger Jason. Was present during the Legendary Battle. Should be at least comparable to the Megaforce Rangers, who could briefly match Vrak, who created a solar eclipse) | Large Planet level (Briefly contended with Lord Zedd, who spun the Earth and even parried his attacks) | At least Small Star level, possibly far higher (Should be roughly comparable to the Shadow Ranger, who defeated Emperor Gruumm, who could obliterate planets that were so big that they made Earth seem puny in compariso. Should be superior to Bork, an alien who "left Alpha-Centauri in ruins" and could destroy the Earth, as well as being stated to be a threat to the entire galaxy if he wasn't stopped by the S.P.D. SWAT Rangers) | At least Small Star level+, likely far higher (Much stronger than before)

Key: Civilian/Ninja Form | Green Ranger Form | White, Zeo, Turbo forms | Dino Thunder Black | Super Dino Mode

In the Dino Thunder Black Section, it uses a feat saying that Emperor Grumm destroyed a planet larger than Earth in the first episode of SPD.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...Rangers_SPD:_Lord_Gruumm_Obliterates_a_Planet

I would like to refute this particular feat based on his dialogue.

Power Rangers SPD - Beginnings: Part 1

"We have taken all we can from Merlandia. The life-forms have fled, and the planet is useless to me. Destroy it."

The dialogue suggests that he is speaking to his followers. It also suggests that he commanded someone or something else to destroy the planet. I claim that Emperor Gruumm did not personally destroy this particular planet.

If I made any errors or if you have a counter argument, please feel free to reply.

Considering that Emperor Gruumm is the leader and the same voice actor is used, I'm pretty sure it's him.

I think that this seems reasonable.

However, which statistics need to be changed, what do they need to be changed to, and are any other characters scaled from this?

Well, we should at least get rid of the statements that use Gruumm in that way.

I should probably move this to a different thread, but here is my current scale for SPD and Dino Thunder after rewatching the crossovers History and Wormhole:

SPD > Dino Thunder due to 20 years of future advancement and formal training

Cruger > or = Gruumm > Bork

3 SPD Rangers in SWAT (2,4,5) and Omega > Bork > 4 SPD Rangers (2,4,5,Omega) > SPD#3 in SWAT

Cruger > or = Gruumm > Z-Rex Blaster > Black Dino Thunder > Zeltrax

Okay. That does not tell me much concrete though.

This affects multiple profiles, so let's go one by one.

For Tommy Oliver, I want to move the Black Ranger key with the White, Zeo, and Turbo forms under Large Planet level.

SPD: Wormhole

Since Black DT beats Zeltrax on a regular basis and Cruger assists him in one battle with him, it would be shaky to say that Black DT is on the same level as Cruger.

Another argument is that Emperor Gruumm tanked the Z-Rex Blaster in SPD: History with minimal damage. I'm pretty sure that Black DT wouldn't be able to do the same.

Does anyone object to this?

I think that this seems fine,but as usual, you must provide proper justifications/explanations for the statistics within any profiles.

Black DT should be comparable to the rest of the DT team.

Conner McKnight:

Planet level (At least comparable to the Megaforce Rangers [as they view any piece of gear from older "legacy" teams as significant upgrades], who could briefly match Vrak, who created a solar eclipse)

Do you mind if I make a similar update for Trent Fernandez-Mercer and Conner McKnight?

Currently, Conner has the following for his Super Dino Mode.

At least Small Star level, possibly far higher (Comparable to Dino Ranger Tommy Oliver. Morever, he should be comparable to the SPD Rangers S.W.A.T. Forms, which handily defeated an alien named Bork, who "Left Alpha Centauri in ruins" and "Has no problem with destroying Earth". Should be superior to Lightspeed Rescue Rangers, who powered the Lifeforce Megazord)

I would like to change it to

At least Planet level+, likely far higher (Much stronger than before)

To correct the point relating to the Lightspeed Rangers, DT Red should not be on equal terms to a Megazord literally powered by the life force of 5 rangers.

I will highlight the thread for further input.

Remember that we use the plus for calcs or for characters very close to a higher tier, also Darkanine saw Conner scenes.

At the very least, Triassic Ranger Connor has a 5-A feat (I vaguely remember it doing with a guy trying to blow up Jupiter), but otherwise I guess I'm fine with it.

I'm glad that you agree with me.

I'll make the change for Conner.

I'm okay with the current Triassic Ranger and Battlizer because of the whole dimension and stars thing.

I made the change for Conner.

Onto the last DT one.

Currently, White and Super Dino Mode Trent has:

At least Small Star level, possibly much higher (Traded blows with Dino Ranger Tommy Oliver and is comparable to Conner McKnight. Should be comparable to the S.W.A.T. SPD Rangers, who defeated Bork, an alien who "Left Alpha Centauri in ruins" and "Has no problem with destroying Earth", as well as comparable to Anubis Cruger, who stood toe-to-toe with Gruumm.) | At least Small Star level, likely far higher (Much stronger by an unknown extent)

I would like to change it to:

At least Large Planet level (At least comparable to the Megaforce Rangers [as they view any piece of gear from older "legacy" teams as significant upgrades], who could briefly match Vrak, who created a solar eclipse. Defeated all of the other Dino Rangers in one battle. Tanked a hit from Conner in Super Dino Mode) | At least Large Planet level+, likely far higher (Much stronger than before)

If the character is scaled from the others, I suppose that this seems acceptable, but it deoends on what The Everlasting thinks.

Please fix the Dino Thunder stats for Tommy to put them at 5-A instead of 5-B, as they should be equivalent to is not superior to his stats as the White and Turbo rangers.

Otherwise, I agree with this. However, as an added note, I feel it is likely that the ship was what fired the blast to destroy that larger planet, as otherwise Grumm should be superior to his minions and would scale to the feat. IF so, the ship itself wound up being the final villain, Omni, so I'm wondering if anything in the finale of SPD would allow things from the series to scale to it, perhaps specific rangers or a Megazord.

Do you have any evidense to support that change? DT Black should be on the same level as DT Red. The Zordon Era is a story of progression, so the powers obviously got stronger or about the same. Dino Thunder is seprate from that power scale.

It is shown that Tommy still has access to his powers in the Forever Red story, far after the story of his previous adventures, and decides to work with the Dino Black powers instead for the remainder of the series once he obtains it. In his mind when he fought the Zeo, White and Green Rangers, he symbolically overcame all of them, giving a subtle hint that these powers are superior. There is no reason to believe he would use WEAKER powers for such a dire threat. His DT Black form is also shown to be of comparable power to the Super Dino Modes, which in it of themselves are comparable to the SWAT modes of SPD. This is why I think a lot of stuff in those series should be solidly 5-A.

If we're going by lore, the Zeo powers are supposed to grow steonger overtime, yet they switched for the turbo powers.

Which clearly indicates that the Turbo powers were superior in some way. Zordon even stated as much when they first obtained them that they were superior to the Zeo powers. How I dunno, poor writing, but it's true.

If we're going by that then the first 4 DT Rangers scale from Zeo, and Trent would be low-ish 4-C

Not true, as the DT rangers are entirely separate from the previous teams. It is only confirmed that the Black and White DT powers are superior to the Zeo and Turbo powers via scaling, not the other 3. You could make the assumption, but it's clear that the Black and White powers are superior to that of the base forms of DT Red, Blue and Yellow, so I don't think it's fair to do that.

When did it show that Black was superior to the others, besides his past training as a ranger?

IIRC it was shown on more than one occassion that Tommy was on par with Trent when they battled, and Trent was able to easily defeat the base rangers. Also, there have been multiple times where the rangers went into their Super Dino Mode, but Tommy did not feel the need to, despite having one of his own.

Back