• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Power Nullification resistance

In Prototype, while the Supreme Hunter was still a Parasite, it had special properties in it as a result of being made as a cure specifically against Alex Mercer. Not only was it destroying Mercer from the inside and out through feeding on him upon being injected into him, but it outright nullified his Blacklight abilities (leaving only his superhuman physical attributes, Regenerationn, Absorption, and Disguise ability intact), preventing you from using Mercer's offensive abilities such as the shape-shifted weapons and Devastators in gameplay. As such, when the genetically compatible Hunter was injected and became immune to the Parasite through producing antibodies, Mercer was able to absorb that Hunter and gain those antibodies (thus, adapting to the Parasite, and also developed his Armour form and Blade ability through the said adaptation].

Also, he has absorbed Elizabeth Greene, who resisted the properties of the Parasite that was injected into her (which has previously nullified Mercer's abilities) and expelled it out of her body (making the Parasite become the Supreme Hunter). The Parasite outright failed to affect and nullify her abilities. As a result of absorbing her, he should gain all of her abilities (including her resistance to the Power Nullification stacked on top of his own).

Not only that, as the Parasite was designed to target and destroy the Blacklight Virus directly, other Blacklight creatures should have resistance to Power Nullification through their existence as a Blacklight infected as Mercer granted them Blacklight abilities similar to his own through the Blacklight Virus they are infected with (especially for the Evolved and James Heller, with the latter having absorbed Alex Mercer at the end of Prototype 2).

As a result of adapting to and resisting the Parasite (which can nullify a majority of Blacklight's abilities), Alex Mercer should have resistance to Power Nullification listed in his profile for the reasons I've mentioned above (along with Elizabeth Greene).

The Supreme Hunter should have Power Nullification listed in its profile as well, but since it has only done such as the Parasite (and not the Supreme Hunter), it should be combat inapplicable as the Supreme Hunter.

well it is a resistence to power null but a spesific power null, biological manipulation power null

so i don't really know how to properly put it into his profile since magical power null should still work on him

Sir sun man said:
well it is a resistence to power null but a spesific power null, biological manipulation power null

so i don't really know how to properly put it into his profile since magical power null should still work on him
Biological Power Null is still Power Null. It doesn't matter what origin or nature it is, as long as it achieves its effects. And its nothing that Verse Equalization can't cover, just as long as it displays similar effects to other types of Power Null (which I'm pretty sure it has in regards to Mercer's abilities), then it should work for Power Null of different nature and origins (Power Null is limited by the greatest feats of potency it has negated, not by the different natures or origins of the powers negated). In this case, Mercer's offensive powers got nullified. Through antibodies, Mercer has adapted to it. Through Elizabeth Greene, who outright resisted the properties and effects of the Parasite, Mercer should definitely have resistance to Power Nullification. Power Nullification and resistance to it is scaled by potency, last I've checked.

Also, from the Power Nullification page: "The mechanisms by which this effect is accomplished and their restrictions vary from character to character"

So, it shouldn't matter that much when the types for Power Null can be different, just as long as it displays similar effects to other Power Null, it should scale.

Excellent.

Now I just need to hear about Elizhaa's thoughts, and then get some staff evaluations, and we might be done.

We also need to get more permanent scans of the links to all Alex's abilities. The links are all dead. Preferably uploaded images.

Awesome.

I'm now going to request for evaluation from one of the staff, like Antvasima.

Edit: Nevermind, he's already been asked.

I suppose that this seems to make sense, although it should preferably be specified what type of power nullification that he is resistant to.

That should be fine. I'll just place the resistance right next to the resistance to Biological Manipulation in Mercer's profile (and add that resistance to the profiles of Elizabeth Greene and the rest of the Blacklight creatures). Power Nullification is judged by potency rather than the type/nature of the nullification anyways, so it shouldn't matter too much.

Back