• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential upgrade for Guilty Gear top tiers

So I was browsing the gear project tumblr when I came to this post

http://gear-project.tumblr.com/post/164889107304/technically-isnt-ariels-keeping-the-japanese

Relevant part here:

"It would be bad news if too many flares triggered an "absolute world" event,merging this universe with the backyard,crushing all life."

Basically Justice is the source of the information flares and had too many gone off it would've merged the universe with the backyard.If accepted this would probably apply to everyone comparable to Justice as well.

So thoughts?Objections?

Mayro37 said:
Basically Justice is the source of the information flares and had too many gone off it would've merged the universe with the backyard.If accepted this would probably apply to everyone comparable to Justice as well.
So thoughts?Objections?

iirc only gears can trigger information flares. and Justice is kinda special case too, what with her armor constantly siphoning and ampifying energy from Backyard.

also, its no casual universe-busting feat iirc. I mean, Seiou Ariels need to set up whole complicated plan (and recruiting Bedman too) to trigger absolute world event. though, Bedman can also do it by himself but its far cry from universal-scale.

its not the first time guilty gear have 'outlier' feats like this. Justice has 4-A feat from information density thing, but was dismissed as massive outlier iirc.

there's also Asuka who have The Cube which act as some kind of master control for Backyard iirc (which means, universal-scale reality warping) and The Sage, the Original Man who archived(?) the Backyard and created Universal Will. But both Asuka and Sage's universal-things are tech based so can't be scaled to anyone I'm afraid.

I'm not opposing this upgrade. but imo, upgrade only for Justice (with additional key), not scaled to others because I'm still not sure if information flares/absolute world mechanics can be scaled to everyone or not. not to mention I dont really remember timeframe needed.

So, you suggest a "2-C with preparation" key for Justice then?

Back