• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I suppose that we can wait until tomorrow or the day after that. Somebody should preferably remind me to close this thread after that.
Sounds good. Also the 7-B calc may not be usable anymore. I heard somewhere that you can calculate watts from joules and seconds, but you can't convert joules to watts, since joule and watt units represent different quantities although a calc team member can probably correct me on that.

now to be fair im not denying your provided translations. i talked to arc about this a while back and asked about checking the books as well. Hes been very busy with school. If he cannot provide a translation check then sure i would yours would be the one to go with.
I suppose that we can wait until tomorrow or the day after that. Somebody should preferably remind me to close this thread after that.
Can this wait til' this weekend? I asked Arc, and he said he should be able to get it this weekend.

Hmmm
Seeing through this I think the OP here makes sense, Imma agree with him for now till something changes my mind

Sounds good. Also the 7-B calc may not be usable anymore. I heard somewhere that you can calculate watts from joules and seconds, but you can't convert joules to watts, since joule and watt units represent different quantities although a calc team member can probably correct me on that.
Lemme fact check that, if I recall you can use a watt value for Joules so long as your feat was done in 1 second, and if not, convert it to one second for a lower or higher result

Looking through the calc again, it seems like using Watts is completely fine. We count AP as how much you can output (in this case absorb) in one "instance", not over time. From what I understand, an "instance" to us is typically 1 Second, so the calc's fine to be used in that regard

What I'm worried about the calc and (excuse me DMUA for having the audacity to challenge your math), is that he absorbed for 40 seconds... so did he do that after he absorbed the sun's luminosity (at least across the underworld) within the first second? And if it's done in 40 seconds, wouldn't that be dividing the result by 40 instead of multiplying? Maybe there's context I'm missing that let's him use up all 40 seconds worth of absorbing at once or smth

Last edited:
Neutral but overall @Kaantantr makes the most sense tbh

I also need to ask how these tweets were obtained. VSB prohibits the unsolicited messaging of creators (last time I checked) for fishing for feats- while we still use the tweets, such actions are bannable since it could potentially lead to mass inconveniences for writers.

Well, it is not bannable unless it is done in a malicious, overzealous, or highly manipulative manner, but we heavily discourage it.

Also, thank you for helping out. It is appreciated.

Well, it is not bannable unless it is done in a malicious, overzealous, or highly manipulative manner, but we heavily discourage it.

Also, thank you for helping out. It is appreciated.
tell that to the instant death fan who was asking the author to upgrade yogiri on vs battle wiki to tier 0
he posted that in response the author posting photos of food the poor man wants to eat 😭

tell that to the instant death fan who was asking the author to upgrade yogiri on vs battle wiki to tier 0
he posted that in response the author posting photos of food the poor man wants to eat 😭

Wait what? When did this happen?

(DM/convo if irrelevant)

I also need to ask how these tweets were obtained. VSB prohibits the unsolicited messaging of creators (last time I checked) for fishing for feats- while we still use the tweets, such actions are bannable since it could potentially lead to mass inconveniences for writers.
Idk how they were acquired all I can assume is that a fan asked these questions but idk who or why.

Umm... So what's the conclusion so far? Upgraded with a possibility at most, or no upgrade at all? Still waiting for Arc to respond so Cyber can give his full input.

Agreements are not going to change the claims that are clashing with the fundamentals of the world.

Also, Weekend is pretty much over for most of the world and is ending in a couple hours for the rest.

Anyway, given the evaluations that I quoted above, should we close this thread?
You mind giving me a bit more to get to the translation I was asked for? I've been rather swamped with prepping to move out of my town house atm, which is what is holding me up here. A little wait shouldn't be an issue, better to resolve it all now, than the same topic getting rehashed when I finally get to translating here soon.

You mind giving me a bit more to get to the translation I was asked for? I've been rather swamped with prepping to move out of my town house atm, which is what is holding me up here. A little wait shouldn't be an issue, better to resolve it all now, than the same topic getting rehashed when I finally get to translating here soon.
Okay. No problem.

Can you estimate an approximate time schedule?

Assuming someone is reading 10 volumes of a Light Novel to validate the usage of a single word in a two sentence tweet, I'd imagine not very far.

For reference, there was never anything wrong with the translation and everyone who read the books without turning their mind off should know how Incarnation functions to understand what is being said.

The absolute latest is tomorrow night (~24 hours tops)
@Arc7Kuroi

IMG_6108.png

IMG_6109.png

Lol I figured they’d post it when I did it 3 days ago, but here it is. Unfollowing, ping me if there’s any questions about my translation.

Oh... Thanks for your efforts. Sorry, I just wasn't expecting that you were asked for the exact same translation we had gotten from the official translation, from the old fan translator with added clarifications, from the current fan translator, as well as multiple times this excerpt from v18 Prologue III was requested for translation from the volunteers here on VS Wiki.

I think that pretty much covers the fact that this thread should be closed.

IMG_6108.png

IMG_6109.png

Lol I figured they’d post it when I did it 3 days ago, but here it is. Unfollowing, ping me if there’s any questions about my translation.
Oh... Thanks for your efforts. Sorry, I just wasn't expecting that you were asked for the exact same translation we had gotten from the official translation, from the old fan translator with added clarifications, from the current fan translator, as well as multiple times this excerpt from v18 Prologue III was requested for translation from the volunteers here on VS Wiki.

I think that pretty much covers the fact that this thread should be closed.
Thank you for helping out.

@Kaantantr

Would it be a good idea to write a discussion rule for SAO or some kind of information footnote in Kirito's page based on this?

Would it be a good idea to write a discussion rule for SAO or some kind of information footnote in Kirito's page based on this?
I believe Cyber will give input soon as he mentioned this above..:
now to be fair im not denying your provided translations. i talked to arc about this a while back and asked about checking the books as well. Hes been very busy with school. If he cannot provide a translation check then sure i would yours would be the one to go with.
^

Hang on a mo... why are we using a debunk of an implied 3-A Kirito (of which Skybox should have been the end all for that particular debate) as grounds to close a thread about a suggested 6-B Kirito?

We are not. We were waiting for additional input. The additional input is either not coming or is irrelevant depending on the people being waited on, so there's not much point to keep things open. Not surprised, as there is no grounds for an upgrade.

Sure, can have a look during the weekend. Is it possible for you to provide an example of how such footnotes are supposed to be so I can do something that fits the overall format?
Well, here is a page that uses footnotes, for example:

Back