• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I do not know. If Kaantantr and DMUA disagree with this, further discussion is probably not going to lead anywhere.

No.

... That doesn't make it AP, though. A "system rewrite" doesn't mean crap in that regard.

Like, what level of power does "some people feel this shaking sensation" suggest when it's just warping the system as opposed to actually physically sending force through the air and ground to shake it, exactly?
The "system rewrite" in question though still likely references Incarnation. Also the way Reki words the Tweet: "Shook the underworld, and people felt it." Looks more like an explanation to me, like he's explaining how the shaking occurs. Even in the anime (albeit not in the greatest display), we still see the immediate effects of their battle, with every strike causing a screen shake and shockwaves flying left and right. I agree with the changes.
unknown.png

I do not know. If Kaantantr and DMUA disagree with this, further discussion is probably not going to lead anywhere.
I heard we got some people coming, one isn't home rn and the other's having issues with their account, they said to give them a few hours

The "system rewrite" in question though still likely references Incarnation. Also the way Reki words the Tweet: "Shook the underworld, and people felt it." Looks more like an explanation to me, like he's explaining how the shaking occurs. Even in the anime (albeit not in the greatest display), we still see the immediate effects of their battle, with every strike causing a screen shake and shockwaves flying left and right. I agree with the changes.
None of this addresses what I said. Reki explicitly mentions no matter how big the explosion is, shaking won't occur, distinctly separating it from AP in any sense, as opposed to just vague reality warping. Especially coupled with Kaantar's points on how it's just a sensation, rather than actual, physical quaking that would require an amount of energy.

None of this addresses what I said. Reki explicitly mentions no matter how big the explosion is, shaking won't occur, distinctly separating it from AP in any sense, as opposed to just vague reality warping. Especially coupled with Kaantar's points on how it's just a sensation, rather than actual, physical quaking that would require an amount of energy.
All Reki says is that an explosion wouldn't be causing it. Especially when he says "however". I take this as him saying "while the explosions may not be causing the shaking", it's the re-writing event that causes it." Again, you literally see this in the anime (if only briefly). Also, shaking is still a PHYSICAL sensation, so the other point doesn't really matter imo.

What is being referred to with "shaking" is not a physical sensation. That is exactly why I went on lengthily about illustrating the connections of how the hardware functions.

If it was physical, everyone would have felt it. Buildings would have shaken, stuff would have dropped from the shelves, windows broken, horses spooked and on and on. Reki is specifically and explicitly referring to the sensation generated by the desyncing of the simulation and the main visualizer, which we already know causes a sensation...

Just got confirmation that Cyber should be coming soon in 2 hours. It'd be appreciated if we could please hold till then.

What is being referred to with "shaking" is not a physical sensation. That is exactly why I went on lengthily about illustrating the connections of how the hardware functions.

If it was physical, everyone would have felt it. Buildings would have shaken, stuff would have dropped from the shelves, windows broken, horses spooked and on and on. Reki is specifically and explicitly referring to the sensation generated by the desyncing of the simulation and the main visualizer, which we already know causes a sensation...
But Reki literally says that people felt it. Again: "That means it's possible Kirito and Gabriel and Kirito and Abysmal Horror's battles shook the underworld, and people felt it. Not to mention there's no reason to show any of the stuff mentioned (buildings shaking, stuff dropping from shelves, etc), because the focus is on Kirito and Gabriel. Having outside shots like that would be necessary and break pacing. How can the shaking here be taken as "a non-real sensation" when being applied to a literal fight? The novel even states that the vibrations "shook the world itself". Sounds pretty real to me. The same thing can be argued in the AH fight, how can it be non-real if at the VERY LEAST, the mechadragon pilots felt it?

I'm just going to assume you haven't read anything that has been mentioned so far, if you are asking such questions.

Remember the first tweet Reki said that there are no gas molecules in the Underworld? What needs an explosion to happen? Gas molecules. However, he followed the tweet with a backup claim stating that it is possible that people can feel the shaking by event overwrites. Why would he bring up gas molecules if he isn’t referring to physical shaking? It's now kind of obvious that this is referring to physical shaking and the people possibly felt it. There. End of Story.

Remember the first tweet Reki said that there are no gas molecules in the Underworld? What needs an explosion to happen? Gas molecules. However, he followed the tweet with a backup claim stating that it is possible that people can feel the shaking by event overwrites. Why would he bring up gas molecules if he isn’t referring to physical shaking? It's now kind of obvious that this is referring to physical shaking and the people possibly felt it. There. End of Story.
I agree with this

It is not really surprising the 5 people organizing outside of the website to just come in and share extensive opinions of "I agree" while ignoring everything said against them because they were not brought up by their presentation simulation in their own server.

Nothing shook in the physical sense in Underworld. There is no feat happening inside Underworld. There's an abstract feeling due to the modeling of the hardware side of the simulation.

If your GPU chugs when you are casting a skill in a game and causes a framerate stutter, it doesn't mean your in-game character was so powerful that he caused the entire game universe to momentarily freeze in time. It's just a side effect of your hardware set up in the continuity of timeflow in your game. End of Story.

Stop consistently going back in time to jerk off favorite fictional characters. The series has been going on new horizons for a decade now, Alicization has been over for over half a decade. It's hilarious to still try to strawman arguments and keep taking things out of context for your personal pleasure while disregarding basic rules of the series.

Kirito is not the god you think he is and at some point, you need to deal with it.

Thank you for helping out Kaantantr. Should I close this thread then, or do we need an addition to our Discussion Rules page to avoid repeatedly debunked arguments to be brought up again in the future?

Just to ensure it's not just me, I'd prefer to have a final confirmation from DMUA.

And as before, I wouldn't be a fan of preventing "repeated arguments" if someone actually has a valid groundwork to present, which is why I don't aim to shut down topics instantly, but rather wait to see if anyone will bring anything valuable to the table. The problem is that more often than not, the OP ends up being the full argument with others are just there to state "I agree" because that's kinda as much as they had back in Discord anyways I imagine. :/

Well, if you and DMUA take a look at our previous discussion rules in order to understand the structural patterns, and then write a draft together, I can improve on the text flow if necessary.

Stop consistently going back in time to jerk off favorite fictional characters. The series has been going on new horizons for a decade now, Alicization has been over for over half a decade. It's hilarious to still try to strawman arguments and keep taking things out of context for your personal pleasure while disregarding basic rules of the series.
Haha i guess 2-A Kingdom Hearts is irrelevant now because uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

it's old xd

why are you intentionally missing the point of why we powerscale in the first place just to make that stupid comment

"Ohh this part is so old we should stop focusing on it"

Or you can leave and go somewhere else, it's quite obvious you really dont give a shit about any of this

You are missing the actual point.

You cannot powerscale, if your arguments make no sense. Going back to the same old content a bajillion times with the exact same strawman arguments that do not fit in with the realities of the series is the epitome of "stupidity" not because you want to powerscale but because you are offended by a favorite character of yours not being able to defeat another character at their current state. That is just pitiful.

You are probably correct, but please try to maintain a polite tone here.

Once again not to sound rude but we’ve kind of brought up a lot of reasoning for our own claims and have have even brought up things such as the text saying the world shook, the author saying things shook, and even the mechadragon pilots feeling it.

We’re backing our stuff up but yet you keep using the same argument to try and hold up your own claims but there’s no proof that there was some sort of desynchronization during the fights. If anything you have less grounds to stand on then we do.

Also I find it quite rude that you think that we’re congregating outside of this wiki and accuse us of wanking the characters. I barely know these people and have never communicated with some outside of this wiki.

Last edited:
We’re backing our stuff up but yet you keep using the same argument to try and hold up your own claims
This is exactly the reason why I go back to the fundamentals, what you call "the same arguments" here. A lot of arguments here are made based on contextless snippets. It's great that there are a lot of dedicated translators who go through with translation tasks. However, translation of snippets, heck not even translation, interpreting snippets without knowing their context is a very surface level task. Essentially, you are talking about demolishing a pillar of a building to open up space in a room, not realizing the pillar you are trying to cut out is one of the main supporting pillar of the building, simply because there is a lack of context in your perspective that does not allow you to see how the architecture of the building was designed.

there’s no proof that there was some sort of desynchronization during the fights
This is literally what Incarnation is. Main Visualizer directly streaming content from Fluctlights to save on processing power, which leads to a desync with the simulation itself. The reason I am so decisive on these topics is always because a lot of the claims are so out of touch with the basic fundamentals of the world that they have no grounds to stand on.

Let's wait a little first, to see if any of the knowledgeable members that I summoned here respond.

It seems like we should probably close this thread then.

Thanking @Antvasima for re-unlocking this for a bit

Just chipping in to say I agree with this 6-B upgrade (and have agreed with at the very least tier 6 Kirito for a while now). Not just because sky split / cloud parse exists (whichever term you use), but because looking at the progression of SAO arcs, this kind of tiering is inevitable. Not much else to say that hasn't already been said other than while I think the initial nerfs from MSS (4-B) are warranted, they were overcooked (ngl I've felt this way for a while).

I also agree with Kirito's tier 6. Well apart from the test above regarding the divided sky, the progress in the arcs shows it more, tbh. That includes the author statement.

Last edited:
Just chipping in to say I agree with this 6-B upgrade (and have agreed with at the very least tier 6 Kirito for a while now). Not just because sky split / cloud parse exists (whichever term you use), but because looking at the progression of SAO arcs, this kind of tiering is inevitable.
First off, that's probably barely Tier 7 and not in the original light novels, second of all...

Actually, there is no real secondly, that's just... Really stupid. They'd be 6-B if they had 6-B feats, which maybe is common with power escalation in this type of media, but just... Directly, doesn't happen. You can't pull numbers out of your ass and justify it by saying "lol it's a light novel japanese people love Tier 6"

Please keep the thread closed, Ant.

There's mountains of evidence that make the possibility miniscule, but, whatever.

Honestly, I see a case of possibility at best like Zencha stated. The author's statement seems to largely kill the feat and the opposition point looks strong.
Yeah this was never meant to be a solid upgrade in the first place.

Back