• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential Revision to Jack Skellington's speed

Jack was able to ride his imitation Santa Sleigh while going around delivering presents in the movie, so people can argue that this gives him relativistic reflexes because he's able to manuever/steer his own sleigh around with out a problem.

His Sleigh most likely scales to Santa's actual Sleigh, which like the classic mythos can fly around the world in a single night. Adding to this, during Jack's delivery scene/montage, the news anchor detailing Jack's escapades says "Reports are coming in from all over the globe". which implies that Jack did end up flying around the world.

While he was knocked out of the sky via anti air-craft rounds from a military base, keep two things in mind: Jack's gaurd was down since he didn't realize they were trying to shoot him down, and by the time he realized what they were trying to do, they had already damaged his sleigh with two rounds (one knocking off a reindeer head and the other damaging the back of the sleigh) before the third one scored a direct hit and blew him out of the sky.

I suppose that this seems reasonable, although we need to link to a calculation of Santa's sleigh's speed, and preferably more community input here first.

Wait, when you say Santa's sleigh, do you mean from the movie or from the traditional Santa lore?

Because if the former, I strongly believe that the Santa of Nightmare Before Christmas's sleigh scales to or is the same as the one from the official lore

In fact, Later on in the movie, Santa Claus has to do double time and fly all over the world to correct all of Jack's mistakes as well as finish all the other deliveries in record time:

"Yes folks, Chris Cringle has pulled it out of the bag and delivered christmas to excited children all over the world"

Also, here's an article that talks about the science of Santa's Sleigh:

https://sploid.gizmodo.com/can-santa-claus-exist-a-scientific-debate-1669957032

For the speed bit from this article:

"Santa has 31 hours of Christmas to work with, thanks to the different time zones and the rotation of the earth, assuming he travels east to west(which seems logical). This works out to 822.6 visits per second. This is to say that for each Christian household with good children, Santa has 1/1000th of a second to park, hop out of the sleigh, jump down the chimney, fill the stockings, distribute the remaining presents under the tree, eat whatever snacks have been left, get back up the chimney, get back into the sleigh and move on to the next house. Assuming that each of these 91.8 million stops are evenly distributed around the earth (which, of course, we know to be false but for the purposes of our calculations we will accept), we are now talking about .78 miles per household, a total trip of 75-1/2 million miles, not counting stops to do what most of us must do at least once every 31 hours, plus feeding etc.

This means that Santa's sleigh is moving at 650 miles per second, 3,000 times the speed of sound."

It is not allowed to link to illegal streaming sites in Fandom. I will remove the links.

The Santa's sleigh calculation might work though.

Antvasima said:
It is not allowed to link to illegal streaming sites in Fandom. I will remove the links.
The Santa's sleigh calculation might work though.
Ack, I'm sorry, I didn't know. I just wasn't sure how else to get clips/evidence to show people those scenes in question (and I personally don't have the methods of ripping/posting footage when ever I want)

So what do you think? Is this legit? Can we update Jack's page with this information?

I suppose that it seems fine. Are there any other pages in this wiki that scale from this?

Antvasima said:
I suppose that it seems fine. Are there any other pages in this wiki that scale from this?
What do you mean? Like, are there any other characters who can scale to him who have a page on this wiki? Not really in all honesty; I don't see any other characters here who come from the Nightmare Before Christmas franchise (Excluding crossovers like Disney Infinity and Kingdom Hearts since I doubt people want to get into crossover scaling, which barely applies and/or is non-canon, even if we are dealing with a sort of composite)

Okay. If Jack is our only NBC profile, I see no problems with upgrading his reflexes, if you link to the calculation within his page.

Antvasima said:
Okay. If Jack is our only NBC profile, I see no problems with upgrading his reflexes, if you link to the calculation within his page.
Link to the article I provided or this thread for the calculations?

The article that you provided.

Hi,i'm a bit of topic but i remember that jack's profile had soul manipulation immunity due to him not having a soul,a year ago or something like that.Why was that removed?

Thundereld said:
Hi,i'm a bit of topic but i remember that jack's profile had soul manipulation immunity due to him not having a soul,a year ago or something like that.Why was that removed?
I haven't been able to find a source on Jack's lack of a soul myself. I remember it was mentioned on Cartoon Fight Club, but people haven't been able to cite or find that claim and most researchers I ask can't find it either.

Okay. Never mind about that then.

Feel free to update his statistics for reflexes, and then we can close this thread.

Back