• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential Castlevania Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, this is my first time doing a CRT ever so please bear with me.

So after looking at the most recent one that was done I took another look at some stuff for the verse and wanna get some feedback on it.

Hax Additions for Leon Belmont

- Danmaku (Due to Leon's Blade Serpent attack "The magic that casts a torrent of Daggers that form a serpent-like shape for tracks and attacks enemies.")

- Homing Attack (Due to Leon's Energy Wave attack "He throws a vial of blessed water that homes i on enemies)

- Possible Resurrection (This is a bit iffy but Leon has an item called the Death Doll that will sacrifice itself if Leon is hit by a killing blow https://castlevania.fandom.com/wiki/Death_Doll It might not count as Leon iirc doesn't actually die before the Doll kicks in but its worth a mention as it requires a killing blow to activate.)

Hax Additions for Hector (Video Game)

- Resurrection (Again mostly because he also has the Death Doll)

Hax Additions for Aeo

- Afterimage Creation (Done via his Evading Step Aeon produces afterimages and refers to it as such as he dodges. This is shown at 1:58 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wS-o_6Nf5E)

- Possible BFR (Aeon is the one who pulls all the fighters of Judgement into the Time Rift, therefore he could possibly place his opponents into it.)

- Possible Time Travel (Given that Aeon is the one who brings the Judgement cast together and is implied to be of the same group as Saint Germain he should also be able to time travel. Its also stated in his story mode intro that "As a guardian of time, Aeon journeyed through the ages" this is seen at 00:27 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uY2V0uOGvo)

- Possible Acausality (I've wondered about this for a long time but I'm wondering if Aeon or Saint Germain might possibly have some form of acuasality. This is taken from the Castlevania wiki which is possibly not valid but its food for thought. His statement "In this place, I too am able to fight" suggests that he either has no physical form in the real world, is not as powerful, or cannot fight for whatever reason. This is similar to Saint Germain's inability to speak or act upon matters of fate unless in a specific location in which time is nonexistent)

I'm not sure what sort of acasual this would count as if anything but I figured it was worth a mention as Aeon watches over the flow of time and all that.

The "possibly" for Aeon's stuff isn't really inconclusive, he quite literally summons characters from different times and can bring them back to their respective times.

Only acausality is iffy to tell which type from saint germain, though he does seem to have "precog" and "clairvoyance"

Agree with the rest, though the death doll stuff isn't ressurection, its a substitute

That Death Doll is available for Trevor in CoD ?

Well, it could be Resurrection since their HP actually reaches 0 before the Doll enters in action

According to the wiki Trevor doesn't have it only Hector does

I mean if your health goes to 0 and then it activates I guess it sorta counts? Under SBA Leon and Hector would have it on them so it could be classed as Res (Via the Death Doll)?

These are fine, except the resurrection. They don't actually resurrect since the doll dies for them, not sure if we have an ability to cover that.

The stuff for Aeon shouldn't be possible since they're quite clear-cut. But he hasn't displayed any form of acausality, could be type 1 but that's way too speculative.

Doesn't being a time traveller naturally make him immune to changes in the past? Literally says so in the page that its primarily time paradox immunity (type 1 acausality)

Why would time traveling give someone resistance to changes in the past by default? Not every verse treats time travel as "step even on a butterfly and the whole world will blow up" type of deal, if that's what you're talking about.

Castlevania never goes too deep into their time traveling mechanics so we can't assume those things. Unless you have some quotes or something.

Ogbunabali said:
Why would time traveling give someone resistance to changes in the past by default? Not every verse treats time travel as "step even on a butterfly and the whole world will blow up" type of deal, if that's what you're talking about.
Castlevania never goes too deep into their time traveling mechanics so we can't assume those things. Unless you have some quotes or something.
I guess you're right. Though there is a statement that he can act more with his powers in the clock tower area due to time not flowing/being freed from it in there, so he can have physical effect.

Also something about barrier and Hector not being trapped/stopped by them

Ogbunabali said:
I think Castlevania is a verse that does tbh, there was this quote before the Saint Germain boss fight

Saint Germai: This space itself is a barrier... Which leads me to question... How did you get here?

Hector: On foot. There were no.. barriers.

Saint Germai: Interesting. Most interesting. That is quite possible.
(Saint Germain claps hands together and turns his back to Hector while most enthused)

Hector: What are you saying?

Saint Germai: In this space, I may be partially freed of the fetters of time. That means I can have a direct physical effect here. For example...
(Saint Germain reaches to the side and pulls a sword from thin air)

Saint Germai: I can fight you.

Then there was the lines after it

Saint Germai
: I now see how fascinating time, or rather, fate truly is.

Hector: Just who are you?

Saint Germai: A traveler. Only half here. Not allowed to speak the truth. Not allowed to act upon reality. Yet one who knows all... That about covers it.

Hector: I see. Not allowed to speak the truth...

Saint Germai: Please forget everything I have told you. A traveler merely passes through, touching nothing, changing nothing. But there is one thing I can tell you.

Hector: What is that?

I guess Aeon and Saint Germain just have Clairvoyance or smth like that? Germain says this at the end

"For myself, I think I will go far into the future and see what awaits. There is one great battle yet to be fought -- the final battle between Lord Dracula and the humans." (So maybe he foresaw it?)

Either way they might not have any acausality or foresight but rather are just super careful not to meddle with the timeline, such as Aeon making the Rift in order to do battle with the cast and not paradox anything.

Anyway I'm not really shooting for this but this is mostly to put this question to rest for me as its been on my mind for awhile >_>

Also he could "feel a new destiny in Hector" and hear Hector and Julia's conversation about the Marrow, he is also stated to "know all"

He also says he is only "half there" and Zeed said that St germain can't act upon the matters of fate

I mean them having a form of precog/clairvoyance isn't that weird because they're time travelers in charge of keeping timelines in check, so knowing the events of the future is to be expected. But that's the future from Trevor and others's perspective, not their own (as Aeon wouldn't have had to fight with whoever was at the top of the tower to determine who is stronger, he'd already know. Same with Germain) so maybe they could have a limited form of clairvoyance.

Doubt its limited, he can literally know about conversations, and stuff related to the future, i mean quite literally says he knows far more than Hector could imagine and even everything

Sure, but that's only in relation to them not to themselves. Which is why it would be limited.

That isn't how it works, clairvoyance isn't literal omniscience, him knowing everything about Hector, Julia, conversations, knowing about Rosaly's death, literally being able to feeel ones destiny, the future battle of 1999 etc. should be enough

Except it isn't really the future, not for him anyway. It's the future relative to Hector, Julius, etc. not for him. It's the same as giving me clairvoyance because I know that ww2 happened in 1940s, while technically true it shouldn't really be treated as full blown clairvoyance.

It doesn't have to have the word "limited" in there, don't care about that, just that it specifies that they know the "future" because they're timetravelers and they don't actually know their own futures.

I mean sure i get your point that he is a time traveler thus logically knowing about past events, but he also can see a new destiny in Hector after he fought him and and can literally hear/see conversations when Hector and Julia were talking.. And he can see if time is flowing, like it didn't in the clock tower because Zeed made a trap there, which Hector couldn't hence being confused when asked about barriers.

I trust Ogbunabali's sense of judgement. However, it is probably good to ask Matthew Schroeder to comment here as well.

What do you mean time wasn't flowing? He said that he could partially interact on the present without consequence from what I remember.

And he did say he felt a new destiny flowing out of Hector, true, but he was freed after their fight (I know the barriers got down after he said that, but it was clear he got out of the trap before that) so he could've just seen the new path Hector would make by breaking the curse.

Fate manip for Hector when?

Also on the topic of Acausality and Aeon, i found this

"Narrator: Thus the rift in time was mended, and all were returned to their respective eras.

Of course, Aeon had no era of his own to return to.

Even now, he wanders time eternal, observing all that occurs. It is the only way to satisfy his infinite curiosity.

Whenever the fabric of time is disturbed, he -- or rather, someone he enlists -- will arrive to repair it.

And Aeon's role will remain forever shrouded in mystery..."

Ogbunabali said:
What do you mean time wasn't flowing?
He implied that he can act unrestricted from time in the space that Zeed trapped him there and he could immediately see it but not Hector, implying that time either doesn't flow correctly, is different or isn't there at all make that of what you will

"Saint Germai: In this space, I may be partially freed of the fetters of time. That means I can have a direct physical effect here. For example..."

Yeah, I know he said that, but time was flowing. He was reversing and forwarding time in the fight, and when he takes down the barrier we can see the clouds move in the sky as well. He could just interact with the present for some reason.

Tbh he implies he can't have physical effect all the time to not interfere with the natural time and events, time in the mechanical tower was either not there at all or weak so he could act and have an effect.

Also outside of that he implies he is only "half there" whatever that means

Well Aeon also has a quote where he says "In this place, I too am able to fight." which implies he's similar to Germain where he can't interact with the world freely and so he made the Time Rift in order to do battle.

Antvasima said:
I trust Ogbunabali's sense of judgement. However, it is probably good to ask Matthew Schroeder to comment here as well.
Has anybody done this yet?

I mean these aren't large scale AP or abillity revisions, we are only talking currently about Acausality and clairvoyance

So I think what we've agreed on is

Leon Belmont

- Danmaku - Homing Attack - Limited Type 8 Immortality via the Death Doll

Hector (Video Game)

- Limited Type 8 Immortality via the Death Doll

Aeon

- Afterimage Creation - BFR (To the time rift) - Time Travel

Well, if Ogbunabali is fine with it, it can probably be applied then.

Shouldn't Aeon also have Soul Manipulation since the Time Rift, Aeons creation gave Golem a soul and sentience and also Power Modification since the Time Rift also trapped Cornell in his werewolf form?

Sure about the soul manip, but not sure about the power modification since it was implied it was because time is convoluted there and not a modification thing.

LightinAnt said:
Tbh he implies he can't have physical effect all the time to not interfere with the natural time and events, time in the mechanical tower was either not there at all or weak so he could act and have an effect.
Also outside of that he implies he is only "half there" whatever that means
This would also give Death Time manip due to creating a space in which time doesn't flow/flow like the outside since St germain mentioned he can have effect in it

I thought Aeon's Soul Manip was done in a similar way to the Belmonts where he just slaps you.

Power Modification is iffy, here's some dialog with Aeon and Cornell about it.

Aeo: Right on time. Welcome to the time rift.

Grant: A rift in time? Is that why I can't return to human form?

Aeo: That is correct. But this place also holds an answer you seek.

Grant: The curse of the beast-men... Release me

Then there's Cornell's ending

Narrator: Thus the rift in time was mended, and all were returned to their respective eras.

Cornell could once again control his power and return to human form.

Yes he didn't have it. Julius doesn't have it as well, though honestly i'm for a "possibly time manip" on him since every other Belmont except Leon has showed capable of doing it and the Stopwatch is a common subweapon in the Belmont clan

So should what has been agreed be applied then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back