• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Post Time Skip Base Asta vs Post Time Skip Gear Fourth Luffy

Yeah if this was dressrosa or wci, asta would most likely win. Since luffy's observation and armament haki is much weaker than now and he himself is also much weaker.

Because he has stronger or equally as strong haki... Luffy with his Rubber can tank High 6-C to 6-B attacks while being Low 7-B
Plot armor of the Marineford Arc

Also, we are using Luffy at 100% against Base Asta, Luffy can even amp his speed because Gear second and Fourth do that but Asta can´t use any of his forms, stomp

Gear 3rd is just 1 attack... He'll start with that attack, that's it... luffy can also combine 2nd gear and 3rd gear. Not sure if it works but if he goes down to base and then goes gear 2nd it most likely is a blitz, maybe
Btw, I thought this battle was Luffy using only gear third attacks, so I apologize, your reasons were valid enough

Plot armor of the Marineford Arc
Of course... Plot armor...
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg

Also Daz bonez is resistance to cutting attacks and can tank Mihawks slashes
Durability:
Small City level
(Comparable to his Attacking Power), far higher against cutting and piercing attacks (weapons utilized by marine officers could not even scratch him, and he was even capable of stopping an attack from Dracule Mihawk despite later being cut down [though this may be attributed to Mihawk utilizing Haki to bypass his Devil Fruit functions]).
8.png

Of course... Plot armor...
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg

Also Daz bonez is resistance to cutting attacks and can tank Mihawks slashes

8.png
Surviving a blunt low 7-B attack when Luffy is 7-C (and the page says that he survived as gear second) sounds normal

Being low 7-B and surviving a Kick from Kizaru? Plot armor or Kizaru was not fighting at all seriusly, same with Mihawk and Daz Bones, Mihawk using Haki cutted him easily

Luffy lowkey should be immune or near immune to blunt force
Actually already has that on his profile
It also makes them almost entirely immune to blunt attacks, including hand-to-hand combat, bullets or even cannonballs, an ability which can be further reinforced with the application of Busoshoku Haki.

He blitz because speed is equalized but Luffy starts at gear third who is slower that his normal attacks, that are slower than his gear second, and this is slower than gear fourth, so Asta is equalized with gear third speed attacks
That's not enough to blitz, also g3 is not slower than normal, though it is slower than g2 which is slower than bound man which is slower than snake man who can stat amp, but it's not enough to blitz.

Speed is equal so Luffy can't blitz since he's normally slower than Asta. He can still use amps though

That's not enough to blitz, also g3 is not slower than normal, though it is slower than g2 which is slower than bound man which is slower than snake man who can stat amp, but it's not enough to blitz.
It's most definitely enough to blitz

Gear 3rd is most definitely slower than normal.

Luffy does not have a high 6-C blunt force resistance in his durability section
It's not added in his durability section, but it's true.

We've never added Luffy's blunt force resistance to attacks he's resistant to, that's like adding the AP required for a heat based attack to harm someone, it's redundant unless it'd be a stomp match.

Rayleigh and Garp, 2 High 6-C chars, need blunt force negation to hurt Luffy. It's that simple.

It's most definitely enough to blitz

Gear 3rd is most definitely slower than normal.

It's not added in his durability section, but it's true.

We've never added Luffy's blunt force resistance to attacks he's resistant to, that's like adding the AP required for a heat based attack to harm someone, it's redundant unless it'd be a stomp match.

Rayleigh and Garp, 2 High 6-C chars, need blunt force negation to hurt Luffy. It's that simple.
That's a very interesting fact.

My bad on the g3. But I though they were unquantifiable gaps, or are we actually using the gaps as how they appear in the show, so g2 can blitz someone who was faster than luffy's base?
Usually with Vs threads we work on the opponent's reactions and the speed amp.

For example, has Asta reacted to something/someone that blitzed someone relative in speed to him?

Luffy's G2nd blitzed the Boa Sisters who have perception amps and aimdodging, and them (while not using it) were relative to Luffy's base.

Luffy's Bounceman blitzed someone faster than his G2nd (Doflamingo).

Luffy's Snakeman blitzed someone who can kinda react to his Bounceman movement.

So unless Asta has crazy reactions like that, idk.

For example, has Asta reacted to something/someone that blitzed someone relative in speed to him?

Luffy's G2nd blitzed the Boa Sisters who have perception amps and aimdodging, and them (while not using it) were relative to Luffy's base.

Don't forget about Blueno, who was relative to Base Luffy but was absolutely blitzed by G2 Luffy

I don't understand, would that just make the one piece characters reactions faster than their normal speed? If speed is equalized then both asta and luffy have the same perception speed. So would these speed amps actually let luffy blitz asta? I though they'd only let him blitz if they were quantifiable say if g2 was a 5x multiplier for example then he'd get very close to blitzing asta but it's unquantifiable. This is important because if asta loses due to blitz then the match is screwed since he's faster.

I don't understand, would that just make the one piece characters reactions faster than their normal speed? If speed is equalized then both asta and luffy have the same perception speed. So would these speed amps actually let luffy blitz asta? I though they'd only let him blitz if they were quantifiable say if g2 was a 5x multiplier for example then he'd get very close to blitzing asta but it's unquantifiable. This is important because if asta loses due to blitz then the match is screwed since he's faster.
Well, that's a good point

Equalized speed threads r annoying we don't have concrete rules for them

That's why luffy should start with gear 4th so he doesn't blitz

Well, that's a good point

Equalized speed threads r annoying we don't have concrete rules for them
I also have the same question in terms of AP. Can a character who can one shot another character but the gap is unquantifiable, one shot another character in a vs thread without a 7.5x value advantage? I probably have to do a question and answer on the q/a thread about this.

I also have the same question in terms of AP. Can a character who can one shot another character but the gap is unquantifiable, one shot another character in a vs thread without a 7.5x value advantage? I probably have to do a question and answer on the q/a thread about this.
🤔... If it one shots people in the same tier inverse then yes probably

Like character A one shooting someone in his verse who's stronger than character B? If so, yes

Back