• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Post Time Skip Base Asta vs Post Time Skip Gear Fourth Luffy

Btw how long does Luffy last in G4?
before it was like 10 minutes but I think it's much larger now, luffy's stamina is ridiculous so it's not like he's finished once G4 runs out, he can still fight, but if it does magically somehow run out and asta can still move, luffy's f***ed.

• First of all, AP: Aster definitely holds the AP advantage (basically 6x). So even if Luffy amps himself with Haki he won't overcome the 6x difference.
  • Second, Notable Abilities Aster: Aster has precognition, Attack Reflection, limited magic homing, resistance to heat (red hawk is not an option)
  • Second, Notable abilities Luffy: Luffy has Precognition, Future sight, Danger senses, Emotion senses, Durability negation via Ryou, Homing in Snakeman/Bounceman, Afterimages creation, Resistance to blunt force trauma (If Aster only uses the blunt side of his sword), Faster attack speed via Python in Snakeman/Bounceman.

1) Now, that we have established these things, now i'll tell my reasons why Luffy wins, despite Aster's overwhelmly AP advantage. Luffy has fought against plenty of strong swordsmen, the most notable ones are: Zoro and Cracker. Why does that matter? it's because of the fact when Luffy sees a swordsmen he'll be especially wary of Aster due to the sharpness, further ampflied with his future sight and danger senses, meaning he will waste no time to immediately go into bounceman (because his instincts are alerting him to not underestimate him).

2) Although, aster is definitely ap-wise stronger and has his own precognition, the problem is he needs to constantly land a hit on Luffy (at least more than 2-3 times), which doesn't happen in almost every scenario, almost like a cat and mouse game. And while Aster is thinking of new ways to even hitting luffy, luffy has no such trouble hitting Aster, since it's painfully clear whose precognition is better (But i'll say it anyway about luffy’s ken haki. This basically allows him to sense the intentions, emotions, and the presence of his opponent with near-basic application. He doesnt even need to see the future to read Aster’s movements).

3) Luffy in this key has access to Ryou, an actively durability negation ability, coating his arms in Busōshoku Haki + Ryou, as to protect himself from the pierce damage and can also destroy inanimate/people from the inside, to make matters worse. Python is faster than Luffy and Aster (since Speed is equalized), meaning Luffy will strike faster than Aster and then bombarding him with durability negation punches, you could argue Aster "would" tank it. Except, it's not "limited durability negation" but Durability negation! that potentially damage your internal organs, you are not simply taking internal damage without regen.

main-qimg-e05cb47aed57774a4353fdde01a04805
Doesn’t Asta’s Attack Reflection and Limited Homing Attack only works on those with Magic. And isn’t Limited Homing is exclusive to Black Asta and not his Base Form

All of astas swords will act like punches to luffy because of haki which he can easily tank because of being rubber...

All of astas swords will act like punches to luffy because of haki which he can easily tank because of being rubber...
No this isn't true, only the demon slayer acts like that, the rest are actually sharp especially post time skip when asta starts using anti magic with his swords to a greater mastery. Asta can still cut even G4 luffy.

Doesn't matter if its sharp...
18.jpg

Luffy's rubber will be hard and soft 🤔
In gear 4, his body is coated in armament haki, but is still rubbery and soft, you misunderstand what this is, asta's ridiculous AP advantage lets him cut luffy despite the armament, and the rubberiness is bypassed due to asta's swords cutting and not being blunt force.

asta's ridiculous AP advantage lets him cut luffy despite the armament, and the rubberiness is bypassed due to asta's swords cutting and not being blunt force.
Luffy with his Rubber can tank High 6-C to 6-B attacks while being Low 7-B
And luffys armament will make his cutting attacks act like blunt force punches...
Busōshoku Haki (Color of Armaments): Luffy has displayed a high level of proficiency with Busoshoku Haki. He's capable of covering a large portion of his body with Busoshoku: Koka on a whim, and at his highest intensity, can cover almost all of his body at once. He has somehow found a way to harmonize the armored defense of Koka with his Rubber body, forcing almost all physical force to bounce straight off.

And luffys armament will make his cutting attacks act like blunt force punches...
Busōshoku Haki (Color of Armaments): Luffy has displayed a high level of proficiency with Busoshoku Haki. He's capable of covering a large portion of his body with Busoshoku: Koka on a whim, and at his highest intensity, can cover almost all of his body at once. He has somehow found a way to harmonize the armored defense of Koka with his Rubber body, forcing almost all physical force to bounce straight off.
Armament haki doesn't do that at all what? Armament haki increases durability and AP by making things harder, but G4 makes his body rubber but his durability the same like if it was hard, this only applies to blunt force though, cutting attacks bypass the rubberiness.

Armament haki doesn't do that at all what? Armament haki increases durability and AP by making things harder, but G4 makes his body rubber but his durability the same like if it was hard, this only applies to blunt force though, cutting attacks bypass the rubberiness.
It doesn't say blunt force... It says almost all physical force

• First of all, AP: Aster definitely holds the AP advantage (basically 6x). So even if Luffy amps himself with Haki he won't overcome the 6x difference.
  • Second, Notable Abilities Aster: Aster has precognition, Attack Reflection, limited magic homing, resistance to heat (red hawk is not an option)
  • Second, Notable abilities Luffy: Luffy has Precognition, Future sight, Danger senses, Emotion senses, Durability negation via Ryou, Homing in Snakeman/Bounceman, Afterimages creation, Resistance to blunt force trauma (If Aster only uses the blunt side of his sword), Faster attack speed via Python in Snakeman/Bounceman.

1) Now, that we have established these things, now i'll tell my reasons why Luffy wins, despite Aster's overwhelmly AP advantage. Luffy has fought against plenty of strong swordsmen, the most notable ones are: Zoro and Cracker. Why does that matter? it's because of the fact when Luffy sees a swordsmen he'll be especially wary of Aster due to the sharpness, further ampflied with his future sight and danger senses, meaning he will waste no time to immediately go into bounceman (because his instincts are alerting him to not underestimate him).

2) Although, aster is definitely ap-wise stronger and has his own precognition, the problem is he needs to constantly land a hit on Luffy (at least more than 2-3 times), which doesn't happen in almost every scenario, almost like a cat and mouse game. And while Aster is thinking of new ways to even hitting luffy, luffy has no such trouble hitting Aster, since it's painfully clear whose precognition is better (But i'll say it anyway about luffy’s ken haki. This basically allows him to sense the intentions, emotions, and the presence of his opponent with near-basic application. He doesnt even need to see the future to read Aster’s movements).

3) Luffy in this key has access to Ryou, an actively durability negation ability, coating his arms in Busōshoku Haki + Ryou, as to protect himself from the pierce damage and can also destroy inanimate/people from the inside, to make matters worse. Python is faster than Luffy and Aster (since Speed is equalized), meaning Luffy will strike faster than Aster and then bombarding him with durability negation punches, you could argue Aster "would" tank it. Except, it's not "limited durability negation" but Durability negation! that potentially damage your internal organs, you are not simply taking internal damage without regen.

main-qimg-e05cb47aed57774a4353fdde01a04805
Did you even bother to refute any of my arguments?

Monkey, luffy still gets cut due to the immense AP difference. However, AP is not the main factor of this fight.
It needs to be at least 6 tiers above luffy to actually cut him... Since his rubberness will reduce alot of attack potency
It won't be like this
18.jpg

But like this
12.jpg

You are also going against the profile...

This is because luffy's durability with armament is higher than crackers' AP, asta's is not.

Actually this is pretty relevant since he's basically saying asta can't cut luffy which means luffy would stomp, but asta can.
Sigh, let me rephrase that, it doesn't matter, because he needs to land a perfect hit to slice luffy in half. The best example i can give is, any marine soldier with a sword can cut beginning of the series Luffy, but would luffy let that ever happen? Like i already explained above Aster is going to have far more difficulty cutting Luffy than people who have better senses than him, even Katakuri with his "Mole" had difficulty hitting luffy, despite having the power to see the Future (Mole is his weapon).

Sigh, let me rephrase that, it doesn't matter, because he needs to land a perfect hit to slice luffy in half. The best example i can give is, any marine soldier with a sword can cut beginning of the series Luffy, but would luffy let that ever happen? Like i already explained above Aster is going to have far more difficulty cutting Luffy than people who have better senses than him, even Katakuri with his "Mole" had difficulty hitting luffy, despite having the power to see the Future (Mole is his weapon).
Yes I know, superior speed and better precognition make it very difficult for asta to land a hit, but when he does it'll be very damaging.
That's bound man, the scan you showed is tankman, which has much higher durability than bound man.

Yes I know, superior speed and better precognition make it very difficult for asta to land a hit, but when he does it'll be very damaging.
What exactly will damaging him and how when luffy foresees this 5-7 secs beforehand? is there even a scenario that would suggest it happening? i hope you are not suggesting Aster(i know his name is asta) is going to continuously tank ryou punches that hurts his internal organs from the inside. It's very unrealistic to assume that this fight will take longer than mins or an 1 hour. Let's further assume the unlikely and say Asta has regen, Busoshoku haki negates regen up to Mid, even with regen Aster ain't going to tank it,

Luffy's python is faster than himself and Aster, in Snakeman he gets significantly faster the longer the fight progresses (this is a scenario if luffy goes into snakeman, instead of bounceman, but even bounceman can use python).

What exactly will damaging him and how when luffy foresees this 5-7 secs beforehand? is there even a scenario that would suggest it happening? i hope you are not suggesting Aster(i know his name is asta) is going to continuously tank ryou punches that hurts his internal organs from the inside. It's very unrealistic to assume that this fight will take longer than mins or an 1 hour. Let's further assume the unlikely and say Asta has regen, Busoshoku haki negates regen up to Mid, even with regen Aster ain't going to tank it,

Luffy's python is faster than himself and Aster, in Snakeman he gets significantly faster the longer the fight progresses (this is a scenario if luffy goes into snakeman, instead of bounceman, but even bounceman can use python).
Bro, I agree, I'm just saying, since asta also has precognition and is extremely skilled, and also has range, it's not an impossibility that he can land hits on g4 luffy. It's just that speed plus luffy's superior precognition makes this very tough for asta, but it's not like it's also gonna be a low difficulty for luffy. I'd say asta will probably last a few minutes, since every durability negation attack is gonna destroy him from the inside and make him weaker so he'll get hit more.

Bro, I agree, I'm just saying, since asta also has precognition and is extremely skilled, and also has range, it's not an impossibility that he can land hits on g4 luffy. It's just that speed plus luffy's superior precognition makes this very tough for asta, but it's not like it's also gonna be a low difficulty for luffy. I'd say asta will probably last a few minutes, since every durability negation attack is gonna destroy him from the inside and make him weaker so he'll get hit more.
Yeah, sorry for phrasing like that. I'm not denying the possibility that Aster can indeed cut G4 Luffy, but it's absolutely going to be difficult for him to pull that off.

Like i said earlier, it's almost like a cat and mouse game, if you catch my drift?

Back