• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Post Flashpoint Superman Speed upgrade

ˆwelp, you will need anothers people here in order to accept this, cuz 7.8*10ˆ12c for combat speed seems pretty high even for Supa's standard, but I'm not very good with speed feats anyway

We will need better information about the circumstances. Did Wraith travel with a ship? How could the aliens react so quickly when the signal had just barely had time to leave the planet? Was time travel or teleportation involved? Etcetera.

ˆAccording to the comments, that were a jump... but I wonder how a signal made by human can travel that much distance in less than 11 seconds...

Especially in the 1930s...

It does not make any sense.

so, should this be considered an outlier? this seems like the higher speed feats from a New52 character, I could accept this from pre Supa or even post Supa, but not sure about this Supa

We need much more information about the circumstances to even consider this a feat. Signals into out space do not travel anywhere near that swiftly, just for a starter objection.

Wouldn't that be only travel speed?

Lanterns move through the universe in minutes all the time, but their reactions aren't even close to that. And there's a calc that already puts Superman at 250 billion c travel speed, so I think this is legit. They were certainly not fighting at those speeds.

And I've seen a scan of post crisis Superman hearing sound from 25 million lightyears away, or something like that. It's comics, they don't make sense with thing like that.

^This feat could be considered reflexes/combat speed cuz in less than 11 seconds: a signal travel like 2500 lighyears, someone perceived the signal, that guy decoded the signal and finally that guy travel from that galaxy to the Earth. Even if that signal just teleported to the mind of Wraith, is very little time for travel that distance

The reaction speed needed for that shouldn't be that high.

Let's say that the signal took 1 second to reach him, he analyzed it and decoded in another second, then flew to Earth in 9 seconds.

Taking 1 second to decode wouldn't make him that fast, Superman has shown that he can process in seconds what supercomputers would take years, so that's completely reasonable.

Flying to Earth would be only travel speed.

As I mentioned earlier:

"We will need better information about the circumstances. Did Wraith travel with a ship? How could the aliens react so quickly when the signal had just barely had time to leave the planet? Was time travel or teleportation involved? Etcetera."

It is possible that the rest of the story clarifies the context, and given that radio waves just don't travel nearly that swiftly, it seems considerably more likely that the race in question was monitoring Earth very nearby until it turned advanced enough to communicate. However, I read it quite long ago, and do not remember well enough.

Until then, this feat is useless, and would only translate into travel speed, either for the ship or for Wraith.

Agreeing with Antvasima. The one who calculated the feat wasn't certain about the context and depended on visualization to gain it. I have a hard time finding this valid.

Back