• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Post Crisis Superman vs The Sentry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Superman (XHeart,Huesito, Andrew,Promstein, The Real Cal Howard): 5

Sentry (God-King, Cropfist,Ataberkins, Peter, Joseph, RadicalMrR,RoyGundam): 7

Gonna go with Supes here. Even without his huge speed advantage, Supes is stronger, can target and destroy things on a molecular level with Heat Vision while resisting Sentry's mind attacks and molecular manipulation.

That's what I said but apparently that's non canon (the part about him destroying on a molecular level). I would like to know why it's non canon though or If there is a instance of him doing so in canon.

BTW PC Superman is not sextillion times speed of light. He is quadrillions but still likely much faster than Sentry's unknown (apart from "many times the speedof light"). Speed should be equalized in case of a speedblitz

Promestein said:
Gonna go with Supes here. Even without his huge speed advantage, Supes is stronger, can target and destroy things on a molecular level with Heat Vision while resisting Sentry's mind attacks and molecular manipulation.
Sentry can regen from a single atom however. Can't Sentry just absorb the heat vision? He's good at absorbing energy

It called destroying on a molecular you know dbz style destroying all atoms but I am not sure if superman has done it in canon.

Why is sentry's speed unknown? He might not as fast as superman but definitely faster than Hulk and should be MFTL+ by scaling.

RoyGundam said:
@Joseph Sentry is scaled from Thor to an unknown number of times faster than light
That doesn't make sense though. If sentry is sclaed shouldn't he get similar rating? It's like Goku is scaled from Whis by an unknown number of times FTL.

Ryuken plans to change the speed calculation for Superman to reflect the high-end (and that was still a lowball).

Also, Superman's freeze breath can reach absolute zero. I just want to know how Sentry is going to put out the power to kill Superman, who's never been seriously hurt in his later career by anything less than Solar System level attacks (and even then only knocked out for a few seconds).

On top of that, immune to telepathy and soul manipulation via Torquasm Rao and Vo. Highly resistant to molecular attacks. Much faster. Much stronger. And can target individual atoms for destruction with heat vision after breaking down Sentry's Regenerationn.

Nvm. But yeah, non canon heat vision aside blitzing Sentry wont work. He regenrates from all damage for fun.

hmm .... So both Sentry and Superman are in the quadrillions times the speed of light range. That's not a big difference, considering all of Sentry's hax - telepathy, Intangibility, soul manipulation, his high Regen and 3 types of Immortality. Sentry handily takes this fight

Question can I get a scan of superman destroying on a molecular that is canon and we are good as well as the one for sentry being able to fight without a body.

Superman is calculated at 10 times faster then sentry scaling to Thor feat and is about to be upgrade yet again in speed (yeah I counted all the zeros).

I just need to know how Sentry is competing here...

Speed

Superman is thousands to millions of times faster:

Speed Feat (Sextillions of times faster than light and still lowballed)

Intangibility

Superman has shown much better intagibility feats than Sentry:

Superman vibrates the entire Earth through a passing planet.

Atomizatio

Superman tanks the effects of a radiation storm that would atomize him:

Superman takes a brief dip in a radiation storm

Superman defeats two transmutation metas who had planned to turn him into salt:

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx28/PhilosophiaKMC/transmutationresistence1.jpg

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx28/PhilosophiaKMC/transmutationresistence2.jpg

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx28/PhilosophiaKMC/transmutationresistence3.jpg

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx28/PhilosophiaKMC/transmutationresistence4.jpg

Superman tanks a molecular disruptor beam:

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx28/PhilosophiaKMC/MolecularDistruptors.jpg

Superman tanks a beam that smashes solid matter into molecules:

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx28/PhilosophiaKMC/RForceBeam1.jpg

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx28/PhilosophiaKMC/RForceBeam2.jpg

Telepathic Immunity

Superman resists the telepathy of Dominus, a Lord of Order with reality altering abilities

Uses Torquasm Vo to cast illusions into the minds of being as powerful as the Eradicator

Martial Arts

He's a pressure point martial artist:

Superman defeating Ultraman (a stronger version of himself) with martial arts

Heat Vision

Superman uses heat vision at the subatomic level

Superman lobotomizes Manchester Black to take his powers away

I would find more, but I'm working on my own blogs right now. Basically, all of the things Sentry could use against Superman, he's already immune or highly resistant to. If you guys want to keep saying Sentry would win, even after the proof to the contrary outlined above, then there's no convincing you anyway.

I do not want to ever call anyone biased, but there is a lot of desire to have everyone beat Superman just to prove they can. And while he's certainly not unbeatable, he outclasses Sentry in literally every category, feat, and superpower. There is no conceivable way Sentry could actually win. And voting for him to without giving evidence to support your claims is indeed bias.

@Huesito

I believe it's the Post-Crisis run of Superman/Batma. It's a flashback story with Superman, Batman, and Robin (Grayson). I feel like I remember it starting somewhere around issue #80? It's been a while since I read those amazing comics.

lobotomy - a surgical operation involving incision into the prefrontal lobe of the brain, formerly used to treat mental illness.

Although commonly associated with the complete destruction of identity, it is only associated so because of the extremely naive and infantile procedures performed on mental patients when procedures increased dramatically in the 1940s.

In its purest definition above, it just means the incision into the prefrontal lobe (either by way through the eye or underneath it) to "treat" illnesses. Superman cut into Black's brain and only gave him a concussion. Does not mean he couldn't boil it as he's seen doing above in my list of feats.

Superman has incredible resistances to:

• Matter Manipulation
  • Mind Manipulation
  • Soul Manipulation
  • Reality Warping
  • Illusions
  • Empathic Manipulation
And a bunch of other stuff.

On top of that, he can:

• Phase
  • Destroys on a Sub-Atomic level
  • Lobotomize with Heat Vision