• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Post-Crisis Superman AP Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

After reading this blog I think superman should be Low 2-C at peak by the blog by other scaling varies.
You all can take your time and read everything. it's literally the best blog I've seen that explains the man of steel character well.

Some members want the scans of the blog to be posted here but the scans are much and I'm only going to be taking the most meaningful one's from the blog,some aren't even clear.
But here I go
I'm gonna start with the fact superman always holds back.

In 2002, during the Batman: Hush storyline, Superman is mind controlled by Kryptonite-laced Poison Ivy pheromones and fights Batman, who reveals that, even under Kryptonite influence, Superman's still holding back as much as he can. Even mind controlled, Superman still instinctively holds back.

Superman 2018 issue 5: superman when not holding back stated he can make the phantom zone seize to exist(the phantom zone exist in the sphere of gods)however he remembers his parents and stops,this will be low 1-C via boomtube amp.

Superman lifts book of infinite pages, final crisis: superman beyond

The issue states numerous times that the Book of Infinite Pages is indeed infinite, which means it has infinite mass. Superman and Captain Marvel from Earth-5 lift the book themselves before Captain Marvel cannot handle the strain of it anymore and the shock wave blasts him back and transforms him back into Billy Batson.
Superman was shown to be relatively unaffected by the weight of the book or the blast, since he's coaching Captain Marvel through the process the entire time and checks on Billy after the blast. Along with the fact that Superman has always had greater feats of strength than Captain Marvel in the past, this lends evidence to the fact that, while Captain Marvel was lifting a portion of the book, Superman was lifting the rest. Even if he wasn't, infinity divided by two is still infinity.

Ultraman Carries it.

The first argument that is typically made concerning this feat is that Superman and Captain Marvel fail to lift the book (evidenced by them being blasted back). However, they did lift it. The only reason they got blasted back is because Captain Marvel couldn't handle the strain (read the dialogue). Also, the Book of Infinite Pages is sentient.
Immediately after they are blasted back, Ultraman from Earth-3 lifts the book by himself and presents it to his master, saying that he read to the end of the book and "evil wins." Another argument made is that the Book of Infinite Pages cannot be infinite, since Ultraman read to the end of the book, which must mean that it's finite. However, we know this isn't the case.

Ultraman states that "evil wins" while talking about the Final Crisis event. However, evil doesn't win. Cosmic Armor Superman destroys the threat and later Superman destroys Darkseid's essence. Good wins. What Ultraman "read" was just a possible future in the infinite multitude of futures contained within the book. Again, we know he couldn't have possibly read the only ending to the book if he was wrong about it.

Lastly, for those who argue that Ultraman lifted the book, but Superman needed Captain Marvel's help, Ultraman is just an alternate version of Superman. Feats scale to both of them because Superman has overpowered and defeated Ultraman many times in the past, as seen below. Not to mention Ultraman is defeated in this same story too.

Superman survived the collision of new genesis and apocalypse

Superman vs tempus

Death of the new gods,superman could damage soul fire darkseid who is Atleast 1A. This is also a 1A feat for supes via boomtube amp but people will see it as outlier

2014's Trinity of Sin: Phantom Stranger #18
Superman can damage phantom stranger who is an equal to the spectre.

2015's New 52: Futures End Issue #44,
Superman survives a blast from and then punches a godlike version of Brainiac (known as Convergence Brainiac by fans) so hard that every version of Brainiac feels it across time. The punch also knocks him down.
However, it should be noted that every Brainiac felt it because they're all mentally connected through time and that this is technically only a possible future version of Superman set five years after the then New 52 continuity, which invalidates it as a credible feat of Superman's power.
However, the feat of punching and knocking down Convergence Brainiac is still impressive in the sense that Convergence Brainiac is at least a Low Multiverse level threat (see link above for evidence), as he had used a combination of his technology, the Vanishing Point, and Telos to render even beings like Pre-Crisis Superman and Zero Hour Parallax Hal Jordan useless by comparison.
Doomsday clock issue 7.
This isn't a feat at all so much as a question... can Superman destroy Doctor Manhattan?

The question comes from 2018's Doomsday Clock #7 where Doctor Manhattan reveals that he's seen the future a month from now (in comic book continuity) and he doesn't see anything at all after Superman charges toward him. He then asks the question:

"Does Superman destroy me? Or do I destroy everything?"

Doctor Manhattan is certainly a being capable of destroying everything, but that begs the question... does he also destroy himself? The sheer fact that Doctor Manhattan, a being known for his dismissing of absurdities in search of truth, is even considering the possibility that Superman can destroy him is interesting at the very least.

Thank you,am already tired of copy pasting from the blog,this are the one's i could pick from the blog.

Thank you.

Last edited:
maxresdefault.jpg

That blog is single handedly the best blog I've ever seen for any character. The amount of time it must have took to create that. (The guy who wrote that certainly has a lot of time on his hands.)

Neutral for now. (Leaning towards agreeing) but I'll wait and see what other people think.

Last edited:
It's a well-written blog and all, but this topic and pretty much all the feats listed have been talked about countless times, and it really doesn't bring much new.
Ok then,let's see if Low 2-C at peak will possibly be accepted as the blog explained everything about the man of steel.

Yeah just to clarify since there's a big chance this is gonna be rejected, this doesn't count as "the thread" that was gonna upgrade Superman with linked scans and all, so no discussion rules based on this thread k?

Okay, never mind that, but he still had a history of basically copy/pasted the same points universally rejected and overusing the same continuity errors, context on the "Holding back" assumptions, like 99% of those tier 2 feats aren't even universal to begin with as debunked by FanofRPGs, the solar radiation thing isn't so much durability but chemical energy stored; which would be the same thing as assuming planes have 8-B durability when they only have 9-B durability. And the list goes on.

You know what,I will just wait till superman destroys this TRUE true form darkseid in infinite frontier

Can’t wait for Low 1-C Superman vs Archie Ultra Sonic
Superman is a haxless character,he will prolly lose or will be the most or one of the weakest low 1-C if his given that teir.
can't wait to see how infinite frontier goes...prolly be like death metal.

Fan requested to comment on the matter.

FanOfRPGs said:
Void hound destroys solar systems over time and destroys the star with an unspecified supernova-initiating weapon. Superman and co were being hit by point defense systems, not this unspecified weapon.

Death of the New Gods was non-canon (Potentially canon after Death Metal), and SUperman was upscaled by a boom tube. To the perspective of a fourth world being, Apokolips and New Genesis were Earth-sized as seen in OWaW

"As stated by the reporter in the scan above, Superman's heat vision cannot be measured by any known scientific tool, which is another way of saying it exceeds Planck temperatures or what has become known as absolute hot."

1. The recorder could simply be hyping up Superman, news media is not known for being honest or factual
2. The Planck temperature wasn't recorded, it was calculated. The Highest known temperature recorded by man is 4 trillion degrees

I ask that instead of just linking the whole blog that the OP list the feats being used for the Low 2-C proposal along with the relevant comic sources. We will cross-examine the feats from there.

I ask that instead of just linking the whole blog that the OP list the feats being used for the Low 2-C proposal along with the relevant comic sources. We will cross-examine the feats from there.
The scans in the blog are many and am sorry,I can't post all. But maybe a little.
The low 2-C scans on the blog aren't even clear....I can get some meaningful one's from the blog.

why is Post-Crisis in the title if this uses post-Flashpoint and Rebirth feats?

Yes I know they merged but that does not mean that he can do the same feats.

there are also things in that blog like Anti-Light Absorption which is more Hax than just something that can be scaled to normal stats, Unless Superman is constantly draining extra energy (other than what he uses from the normal Sun) he will not have 4-A levels.

Superman defeated the true Darkseid essence through a unique DC comics mechanic, since everything that exists even the abstract apparently vibrates so it does not scale to its statistics, perhaps in the best of cases this is npi.

Boom tube amplifiers were already mentioned before and it was decided not to add it to the profile so it is better not to use feats of this type.

The phantom stranger and the Spectre post-Flashpoint are only 4-B, so it is technically true that superman can damage it.

many links does not work.

Last edited:
Boom tube amplifiers were already mentioned before and it was decided not to add it to the profile so it is better not to use feats of this type.
It's still fact since superman has feats their not just an amp of size he has feats their. So keys are supposed to be their.

It's still fact since superman has feats their not just an amp of size he has feats their. So keys are supposed to be their.
yes indeed I am not against Keys with Boom tube, but a while ago there was a Thread on that topic and it was rejected

The only reason it was reject it was because of it not have so much showing for some characters but I beileve Superman have that amp some good number of times
Honnestly I feel the reasons for rejecting the key was flawed, I think we migh need another thread for getting Boomtubed keys (or maybe we can setteled the topic of boomtubed keys here?)

Anyway even though I am 90% sure that will get rejected and maybe even the attemp to upgrading Superman to Low 2C will get banned that time, that 10% possibility makes me want to say I agree with the upgrade

With how a few pages have one time transformations and character changes I think a Boomtube amp’d Superman key would be fine since he’s done it quite a few times (I mean he kinda needs it to fight Darkseid sometime)

and obviously, a Superman the size of a Universe (if not bigger I’m not a DC Cosmology expert) is stronger then a regular Superman

Just posting off-site respect threads never results in an upgrade, this is getting rejected and probably prohibited by a discussion rule

On the topic of Clark’s scaling, I believe it was mentioned that he should be receive multiple keys (Pre-Death of Superman, Post Resurrection, and after training with Mongul II) to reflect that his power doesn’t remain static throughout the Post-Crisis Era.

Just posting off-site respect threads never results in an upgrade, this is getting rejected and probably prohibited by a discussion rule

On the topic of Clark’s scaling, I believe it was mentioned that he should be receive multiple keys (Pre-Death of Superman, Post Resurrection, and after training with Mongul II) to reflect that his power doesn’t remain static throughout the Post-Crisis Era.
The idea of the split died down and be thankful for that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back