• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible weakness for Yhwach's Almighty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, by shutting down ALL his powers. And then again isn't Almighty that granted him that power? Uh-huh, sure thing. Wanting to clarify how his abilities work and limitations and prevent it from becoming a NLF so we can use him more in debates is downgrading.

So you're telling me he can distribute death to one fo them? Makes perfect sense.

Either way this has gone off topic and I rather not dispute this pointlessly before we get called out for being off topic. Should this thread be closed guys?

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Right, by shutting down ALL his powers. And then again isn't Almighty that granted him that power? Uh-huh, sure thing. Wanting to clarify how his abilities work and limitations and prevent it from becoming a NLF so we can use him more in debates is downgrading.
So you're telling me he can distribute death to one fo them? Makes perfect sense.

Either way this has gone off topic and I rather not dispute this pointlessly before we get called out for being off topic. Should this thread be closed guys?
Nope, you telling me that and that was perfect counter on how he don't even bother to use the other quincy power as why cant he just do that? or use the x axis.

Either way Im is not the one who started this off topic thing.

Just wanted to clairfy, no one here (especially me) is trying to downgrade Yhwach. We are only attempting to try and make his abilities more understandble and concrete so that it doesnt get chalked up as an NLF in debates and can put him in more, reasonable VS fights (like how pitting him against Frieza sounds UN-reasonable..). And quite frankly it was starting to bug me how his power would just be called NLF when neither side could ever find a true limit to his power.

So please, do not misunderstand. We are (or I am anyway) trying to help Yhwach, not downgrade him.

It's basically what I'm trying to do with another power right now tbh. Figure out limits and all that to end the madness of NLF calling and both wanking and downgrading.

ACTUALLY WAIT. I just thought of something and please correct me if im wrong about this. But for what im about to convey next, well be going off of our Wiki's explanation of the Almighty:

"Omni-Precognition: Yhwach can SEE everything that IS to occur from the present moment into the far-flung future. He can "know" everything that lies within that gaze. Rather than seeing a linear future, Yhwach OBSERVES ALL POSSIBLE at once like countless grains of sand in the wind, and can thus act accordingly using the knowledge he has gained to anticipate and counter his opponents."

Now, this specifically states that Yhwach observes, and ONLY observes, all possible futures. Meaning, if im correct, then we were somewhat wrong. He doesnt observse all futures period, but only the ones that are possible to begin with. So, if we go by what my post is implying, if Yhwach is in a fight and there is next to or literally no possible way of Yhwach winning, then the Almighty wouldnt even have a future to observe as it can only observe ones that are possible to happen but since it would be impossible for Yhwach to harm, beat or win against his opponent, there would be no futures where he can possibly win so would the Almighty even be viewing anything at all in a situation like this?

Once again, the Ichibei fight goes against the argument that Yhwach can't create futures. He was an ant. And yet he changed the future to one where an ant overpowered Ichibei. There is obviously no possible future where an ant could overpower Ichibei so Yhwach created a new one where an ant could overpower Ichibei and his abilities

Except you know when said ant discovers how an ability works and uses the ability called power negation to counter said power that turned it into an ant.

The Almighty doesnt create futures it sees and transforms them. Thats what this site considers it to be and Yhwach himself even admits this in the manga.

The point of him understanding Ichibei's abilities is also countered by the fact that he broke Ichigo's Bankai and negated Inoue's fullbring despite not knowing what they could do

The difference between those two powers is that Ichigo or Orihime doesnt turn Yhwach into an ant and that was your primary defense against why it cannot boost AP and speed.or at least thats someone elses argument. He could have simply selected a future where he survives and figures out the ability and then breaks it

Edit - Kinda like pausing the game, looking through a walkthrough, and using that information to help fuel the power negation.

@Amlad Not true as he know about Ichigo's Bankai and the fact he can transform the future itself and can forsee all possible futures. The fact you repeatedly ignore on what other people said in this matter is what you follow on your own opinion is why I also starting to suspect you might be a sockpuppet of a certain user I know in the past who has similar interests here. I also have disfollowed the thread knowing how ugly it might get if it gets horribly derailed.

I'm honestly curious to who you might be referring too. I know many people who believe that Yhwach can change the future. I'm not ignoring what other people say, I'm just responding why I think they are wrong with my examples. Since when am I at fault for having a discussion with another user? COB gave a great response to my Ichigo comment and I was going to say that he's right and proved me wrong.

OH, BOY! The main thread discussion is done. This is going to turn bad. Who agrees that it should be closed?

Oh thanks Amlad, that's a bit of a surprise. Although I don't think you're a sockpuppet just fy.

AppleLord, stop demanding threads to be closed just like that. From the looks of it Starkiller has no intention of coming back anyway seeing as he unfollowed. Take it easy man.

Is there any justifiable reason it should not tbe closed? The main thread discussion is done, anything further will fall under off-topic.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
ACTUALLY WAIT. I just thought of something and please correct me if im wrong about this. But for what im about to convey next, well be going off of our Wiki's explanation of the Almighty:
"Omni-Precognition: Yhwach can SEE everything that IS to occur from the present moment into the far-flung future. He can "know" everything that lies within that gaze. Rather than seeing a linear future, Yhwach OBSERVES ALL POSSIBLE at once like countless grains of sand in the wind, and can thus act accordingly using the knowledge he has gained to anticipate and counter his opponents."

Now, this specifically states that Yhwach observes, and ONLY observes, all possible futures. Meaning, if im correct, then we were somewhat wrong. He doesnt observse all futures period, but only the ones that are possible to begin with. So, if we go by what my post is implying, if Yhwach is in a fight and there is next to or literally no possible way of Yhwach winning, then the Almighty wouldnt even have a future to observe as it can only observe ones that are possible to happen but since it would be impossible for Yhwach to harm, beat or win against his opponent, there would be no futures where he can possibly win so would the Almighty even be viewing anything at all in a situation like this?
Perhaps this that is adding to the main discussion and something that could still apply and actually supports our core argument for this?

Err... What do you mean? That's just further proof agreeing with Professor's findings. It's as he said, changing the future is jumping from one grain ot another. Aka others choose to jump from one grain to another. He chooses which grain there is.

And those grains are only the possible things that could happen as in every possible thing that could happen. He did compare the future to those grains and he wasn't talking about 'creating grains' or anything like that. Like picking a save file from a thousand save files of what could happen.

Edit - Oh nvm. Kek. So those are the ones? Still going with my statements.

You don't have to explain that, the explantion we have for his Almighty alone says it doesnt go in a linear line. He observes all possible futures.

However, the new point im bringing up is if something is impossible for Yhwach to defeat or overcome, then there wouldnt be any possible futures where he could overcome/defeat that someone, thus what would the Almighy be looking at then? It doesnt look at all futures, ONLY the ones that are possible or can possibly happen. But if something is impossible, then what future is left for Yhwach to look at?

It's like a math problem for example. If there is only one answer, then there is only one possible scenerio that is correct. But if it has no possible solution or outcome to solve the problem, then there subsequently cannot be any possible scenerio that is correct for us to solve the problem.

So, in support to my earlier comment, Yhwach wouldnt even have a future to switch to in a fight against someone who can counter and/or surpass him as there wouldnt be any possible future for Yhwach to use to help him.

Going with what Professor posted, if Yhwach only sees "possible" futures, then only one true future exist. And is contradictory to what Yhwach said of the future not moving in a single line, because like he says, he can see them all. Professor marked different quotes from different sentences to create a different perspective of what Yhwach said.

You mean quote the wiki explaining his power?

And Yhwach only mocks Ichigo claiming he jumps from one grain to another and then to another. It's a really amazing precognition that supervises all future, but it also allows him to select the best one for the situation.

Mocking someone doesn't mean the explaination is false. I can burn a tree a laugh at it because he can't do anything to stop it. (Please don't burn trees, that's not cool.)

(But trees release oxygen which is deadly and causes metal to rust, imagine what would that do to the human body)

Exactly, and he's mocking how no matter what, whatever Ichigo does won't help his situation. And that he'll just jump from possibilities to possibilities and still never win.

Apple I think your slighlty misunderstanding something. Yes its true Yhwach observes all futures but the kind of futures you're talking about and what im talking about are not the same thing.

Im talking about the futures that are ONLY POSSIBLE. As in, futures that can possibly happen based off of present events.

You on the other hand appear to be talking about Yhwach observing ALL futures period, which is not what im talking about. As far as im concerned, Yhwach cannot look at a future that isnt possible, let alone transform it. So if we're going off of only possible futures, then whatever is impossible shouldnt have a future that he can look at.

You maybe confuse. I understood all you said and is actually the opposite.

He can see all futures, not just possible futures, you're making it sound like he can't see a future where he dies, that was contradicted when Yhwach even under illusions still saw his death at the hands of Ichigo. The future he saw was different because of KS and Yhwach ignored it as a dream because he knew that Ichigo had different powers and clothes, a cover by Kyoga Suigetsu.

This is downplay, at this point with your illogical idea, Yhwach would only see futures for attacking and it will be useless for defending. Where again is contradicted by Yhwach using the Almighty to keep up with Hollow Ichigo new speed, something impossible if we go to your original point of blitzing him.

Firstly, again, I was going off of our description we list for the Almighty and in that description specifically says "Possible Futures". I dont recall him ever seeing a future that has an impossible outcome.

No. He'd be able to see a future where he dies because again, that future is a possible outcome that can (And did) happen. And before you say "Yhwach is immortal so it should be impossible", Yhwach is only immortal via rewriting his own death. Without that, he IS killable and the fact that he had to rewrite that outcome period further supports his death being a possible future.

If your calling trying to find a reasonable limitation for an ability thats constantly chalked up to NLF and is a headacher to many downplay, then sure. And how would he only see futures for attacking?

I never said that he said it. It will be the outcome of the contradicted limitation, you don't have to believe it now, just add it and try it out on a match. Let's watch what comes out in the end. I was gonna argue about the same thing again, somehow the page refreshed automatically and erased my comment. I've realize that it will just go in circles, if I continue. Let's just agree to disagree on that. I'm tired, i'm going to bed. Good night.

Given that LordAizenSama has replied, and the discussion seems to have gone off-topic, I will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back