• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Upgrade for Deathstroke Post Crisis?

Maybe, but I would prefer more input.

I do have my concerns about Batman's durability feats. Like, why wasn't the hollowness accounted for when doing the calcs that had buildings(Including the train) in them? And for like one or two of those feats bruce wasn't even at the center of the explosion.

From what I can see, it looks like all of our justifications for Lady Shiva, Cassandra Cai, and Ravager rely on scaling above Batma (or Damie in Ravager's case) and scaling equivalent to each other and various 8-C characters. This meets all the criteria one would expect for a solidly 8-C character. Ant's point about the three characters being relatively small, thin women who should not logically scale to the 6'2 Olympic-bodied Batma has some serious merit to it, but the trope of 90 lb women kicking around muscleheads is pretty deeply ingrained in pop culture at this point. Is it realistic? No. But it happens often enough in fiction for us to give it a pass if the character is consistently shown as capable of doing that, I believe.

Either way, realistic or not, our wiki does have to follow a certain strand of logic. If the only justifications on their profiles are scaling above 9-A characters, scaling to each other, and scaling on par with 8-C characters, either they must be upgraded to 8-C or someone must provide some evidence that the 8-C feats are inconsistent with their usual showings. I am currently unaware of any such evidence, and as such, I support the movement to upgrade Lady Shiva, Cassandra Cai, and Ravager to 8-C.

Thank you for the input. It should be fine to edit the profiles then.

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
I do have my concerns about Batman's durability feats. Like, why wasn't the hollowness accounted for when doing the calcs that had buildings(Including the train) in them? And for like one or two of those feats bruce wasn't even at the center of the explosion.

Well you can ask a few calc group members to comment here if you wish.

These have already been evaluated earlier in the comment section of the same blog. Two of those have been rejected, one of them being the train feat, and the other three were accepted.

It could be higher or lower depending on the pixel scaling

Plus we'd have to figure out how much of the explosion Bruce was hit with (I'd laugh if this was an upgrade)

They used to be 8-C based on Katana's Kinetic Energy but revisions put them down at 9-A+

Though I might be able to upgrade them back up but I'll wait for the Explosion revisions since it kinda relies on that)

It'll be across the board tho

The lower Marvel character tiers were based on very unreliable calculations.

LordTracer said:
Well, Cass and Shiva are already 'At least 9-A, likely 8-C.' Their 'At least 9-A' comes from Cass outmatching Deathstroke twice and being more skilled than Batman. If Deathstroke gets 8-C, I think it would make more sense to just make them 8-C, as Cass is consistently shown to be Slade's superior, and Shiva is relative to her.
Deathstroke only outmatched Batman once, twice if you count the same fight as two due to Batman getting up to be beaten again but severely injuring Deathstroke to the point he got beaten later on by a random person. Batman also outmatched Shiva before.

Cassendra while losing her ability to predict fighter's moves got easily defeated by Batman, which means that her skill was what put her above Bats, not her strength.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/24850/580560-571716_58119_batcd1_122_19lo_super.jpg

Batman literally says her defense is the problem and her offense is fine, so...

LordTracer said:
Batman literally says her defense is the problem and her offense is fine, so...
Which still means her skill is the thing that allows her to fight on par or above, not her physical ability. If she gets defeated easily simply by losing her skill itself.

If Batman says that her defense is the problem and her offense is fine, then wouldn't that just mean her attack potency isn't what gives her the edge to begin with?

That's not even close to what that means. It means she doesn't have good defense without her body reading, because she's never had to actually focus on having a good defense. Also even without her body reading, Cass still outmatched Deathstroke, so...

As far as I can see Bambu only said to re-do the KE thing and both he and Alex said that the explosion calcs were fine with Batman being at the center and all and fragmentation not playing any part in explosion calcs (As we use explosion radius formulae instead)

KLOL506 said:
As far as I can see Bambu only said to re-do the KE thing and both he and Alex said that the explosion calcs were fine with Batman being at the center and all and fragmentation not playing any part in explosion calcs (As we use explosion radius formulae instead)
Where did they say that?

NVM, I misread, but I think I might be able to do something about them yet.

Also it seems that they're only talking about the big red explosion with a tiny little guy in it. Which is definitely not Batman (Seeing as the guy has a belt dangling on him, while Batman does not).

Back