• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Upgrade for Deathstroke Post Crisis?

Deathstroke is considered "at least Small Building Level+" for being considerably stronger than Batman.

Thing is, Batman gets his 0.21 ton rating from this feat, which obviously just by eyeballing the aftermath, he is relatively fine and for the most part unhurt. The bare minimum for Building level is 0.25 tons, which is only a 20% difference from 0.21 tons, a value that Batman casually stands at.

So with Batman not too far from the next tier rating from a feat that was casual for him, and Deathstroke being considerably beyond Batman, would it not make sense to just outright put Deathstroke at Building Level?

I am fine with a Building level Deathstroke. Batgirl and Shiva are not supposed to be as physically strong as Batman afaIk though, just considerably more skilled. I am uncertain about Rose Wilson/Ravager.

I mean... I don't think there's anything that actually says Shiva isn't physically on par or superior to Batman, and Batgirl should be comparable or superior to Shiva physically. Also both do hold back considerably against almost everyone except each other, Batgirl to an even greater extent.

It is repeatedly stated that they are more skilled than him, but given their lack of official physical enhancements, and the massive differences in their physiques, I strongly doubt that they can remotely arm-wrestle with him.

Well, Batgirl has some feats of taking down superhumans or Batman-level beings through physical strength. Like a younger Cass wounding Bronze Tiger in a single strike, or shattering a three inch quartz window, or one-punching a superhuman, etc. It was also once stated that government agents think she's a metahuman. And Shiva was able to beat Killer Croc with a single arm once.

Well, it is a big maybe as far as I am concerned. Western superhero comicbooks tend to be illogical when it comes to what skill can accomplish against overwhelmingly superior opponents.

Well, Batman is considered only peak human and Batgirl being considered metahuman would basically directly state that she's physically superior to Batman. And these aren't really skill based feats.

Also that doc Hellbeast1 posted had a pretty explicit "peak human" level feat, by DC's standards.

I recall seeing a scan of a government agency using guesswork that Batman was metahuman as well on another occasion. That doesn't make it true though.

I know they aren't actually metahuman (at least by DC's standards), but I think it's kinda clear that Batgirl and Shiva definitely aren't meant to be physically inferior to Batman and are at least on par with him.

Well, I strongly doubt that they are physically stronger rather than just more skilled though.

Well, there isn't really anything that says they're beneath him physically. Also Batgirl has physically harmed Deathstroke on more than one occasion and Shiva has physically harmed Killer Croc, both of which doing so while holding back so I think they should scale to being 8-C along with Deathstroke.

Physically being able to harm someone isn't related to skill though. For example, Karate Kid has fought with Pre-Crisis Superboy several times via skill, yet Superboy stated that Karate Kid didn't actually harm him. Batgirl and Shiva actually harmed Deathstroke and Killer Croc.

Yes. I just mean that DC and particularly Marvel usually let much weaker characters do that for story convention purposes.

Yeah, but there isn't really anything that says Shiva and Batgirl are weaker than Batman at all.

Well, it would definitely make better sense that they are, and less sense that they are not.

I don't really see how it would, but to be fair, DC (and most comic book verses) don't make much sense with their "peak humans" at all.

Due to that a 300 pound unenhanced weightlifter should easily be able to outmuscle a tiny gymnast girl who also has no enhancements. It is plain biology.

DC doesn't follow plain biology though. If it did, none of their street levelers would be above 9-C. But based on what they've actually done physically, Batgirl and Shiva should be 8-C, especially since they always hold back.

Well, Cass and Shiva are already 'At least 9-A, likely 8-C.' Their 'At least 9-A' comes from Cass outmatching Deathstroke twice and being more skilled than Batman. If Deathstroke gets 8-C, I think it would make more sense to just make them 8-C, as Cass is consistently shown to be Slade's superior, and Shiva is relative to her.

Yet she's beaten him twice (one of these times being very easy for Cass), which is what I was referring to.

I mean, they've consistently been evenly matched, but even then at face value, so what?

That doesn't mean she is physically stronger than him.

I've only ever seen Cass outmatch Slade, and I don't recall ever stating she was physically superior to Slade, so...

That second thing has Cass pretty clearly outmatching him. And them clashing evenly just supports 8-C Cass and Shiva.

She wasn't. They were clearly even.

And them clashing evenly just supports 8-C Cass and Shiva.
Wasn't arguing the tier. Neutral about it.

Not really. Slade didn't land a single blow on her, Cass did land a blow on him, and Slade eventually had to resort to pulling a grenade. Also Cass still always holds back.

She landed exactly one blow on him, to which Slade reacted with pulling a grenade and one upping her. And also even if that's true, that's her weakness to be exploited, means nothing.

Anyway enough derailing.

How is it derailing when the discussion was on if Cass and Shiva should scale to 8-C Slade? Also that's not one upping her... that's basically Slade pulling out something impossible to fight against because he wasn't winning the physical fight. And it kinda does mean something, if she can match Slade while holding back.

Back