• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Upgrade for Deathstroke Post Crisis?

Because your argument was that she was physically stronger than Slade, which is blatantly wrong as I have proven.

And has devolved to "Slade is more/less skilled than Cass" which is not something I have any interest in entertaining.

Quite literally did. Unless you're trying to say that being more skilled than someone gives you an AP tier, which is....

LordTracer said:
Well, Cass and Shiva are already 'At least 9-A, likely 8-C.' Their 'At least 9-A' comes from Cass outmatching Deathstroke twice and being more skilled than Batman. If Deathstroke gets 8-C, I think it would make more sense to just make them 8-C, as Cass is consistently shown to be Slade's superior, and Shiva is relative to her.

I literally specified I didn't mean physical strength.

LordTracer said:
Yet she's beaten him twice (one of these times being very easy for Cass), which is what I was referring to.
Or did you not see this? Also I'd like to introduce you to Karate Kid (Pre-Crisis), who is 2-C for the exact reasons that I think Cass and Shiva should be 8-C.

Them being 8-C has literally been my point this entire time. And Karate Kid, Cass and Shiva have all consistently thrown hands with the beings that would make them 2-C/8-C, so it's wrong how...?

I agree with Ogbunabali. A Deathstroke AP upgrade is fine, but the differences in tier are not astronomical, as would be the case with Karate Kid if we had not upgraded him. As such, it shouldn't be impossible for Cassandra and Shiva to harm him despite being physically weaker, due to comicbook standards.

The issue is that Cassandra has matched Slade on more than one occasion, pretty clearly had the advantage over him on at least one occasion (despite not being able to use her body reading against Slade), and did so while holding back and not using her full strength. Similarly, Lady Shiva utterly embarrassed Pre-Hush Killer Croc, who is above baseline 8-C, while holding back, and only using one arm on top of that.

Well, again, that is due to greater skill and speed, not raw power.

Is somebody willing to upgrade the Deathstroke profile?

Eh, Shiva left Croc looking like this, that doesn't seem like something possible with pure skill. Especially considering that Croc is above baseline 8-C.

Sure, I can. Also I'd have to edit Batgirl regardless, as her fights with Deathstroke are currently used in her 9-A justification.

Isn't croc just upscaled from being stronger than 9-A+ Batman? It's not like they're unable to hurt him, and Lady Shiva and Cassandra Cain definitely have the combat skill to take down and injure stronger foes considering Batman can do that himself.

Well Croc is "8-C, possibly higher" and his durability justifications have him shrugging off attacks from people comparable to Batman, yet a heavily holding back Shiva still heavily damaged him. Also Croc OHKOed Batman, so the difference there is much more significant than say, the difference between Deathstroke and Batman.

Welll, I suppose that seems like a good point.

In fact, in one of the scans for Croc's durability, he took several blows from Batman that did... pretty much nothing. The most effect it has was making him bleed. But Shiva, holding back more than usual, was able to break several of Croc's bones. And Batgirl was able to beat an all-out Shiva. At the very least, Cass and Shiva should be pure 8-C while going all-out.

Honestly, I'd be fine with putting the Batman tier characters at "At least 9-A, likely 8-C" or maybr an outright "8-C", considering how casual the feat was, but I know this wiki doesn't work on vague assumptions of calculations.

@Wokistan

Would you be fine with upgrading Shiva and Batgirl?

You can start with upgrading Deathstroke, and then ask Wokistan to comment here again about Shiva and Batgirl via his message wall.

Since the okay was given and Deathstroke isn't a locked page, I've already updated the profile.

I've also just now commented on Wokistan's message wall.

Okay. Thank you for helping out. Did you follow the Common Editing Mistakes page instructions, and update the tier category at the bottom of the Deathstroke profile?

I moved Batgirl's fights with Deathstroke to her current 8-C justification.

Well there was the discussion about Shiva and Batgirl scaling to 8-C, but Wokistan hasn't responded.

Okay. I misunderstood then. I thought that you meant that they were already 8-C.

They've been 'At least 9-A, likely 8-C' for a while, but now their only 9-A justification is being superior to Batman and casually beating or even stomping other 9-As while holding back. There's more for them just being plain 8-C than being Tier 9.

Back