• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Tier 4 and MFTL+ Kirito (CONCLUDED)

I mean...

This page says -459.67 F would be absolute zero.

Google says space is -454.81 Fahrenheit.

Kirito created ice colder than outer space.

The Abyssal Horror was a creature

acclimated to the extremely cold environment of space. It was

impossible to create a chill colder than the temperature of space.

Kuroiha said:
I mean...

This page says -459.67 F would be absolute zero.

Google says space is -454.81 Fahrenheit.

Kirito created ice colder than outer space.
Basically this

Absolute 0 is a miniscule amount below Space and it's stated to be "impossible" which is kinda what absolute 0 is

I still don't think that it counts.

Space doesn't have a set temperature.

And look at the statements on the page for absolute zero.

The statements either need to say that the specific temperature of Absolute Zero, or say that it is absolute zero and show properties of said ice attack being Absolute Zero.

I feel like this is a stretch.

Space is still generally extremely cold, and it outright says "it's impossible to go colder then space!" Which implies that... Well it's the impossible state of absolute 0

... Though I suppose it is a bit iffy.

Dunno, here's the scan:

"Release recollection!!"

Blinding light burned the imagepanel stark white.

When the image immediately returned, at its center it was

possible to see several streaks of bluish-white light shooting from

the blade raised by the swordsman and rocketing towards the

Abyssal Horror.

Those lights were as thin as fibers compared to the space beast's

gargantuan form, but when they struck and wrapped around it,

the beast's speed of assault became visibly attenuated. The frantic

motions of its freely wriggling 12 tentacles became stiff. Almost as

if they had frozen.

But that was impossible. The Abyssal Horror was a creature

acclimated to the extremely cold environment of space. It was

impossible to create a chill colder than the temperature of space.

I read the scene and it just seems like he was frozen, no proof in the scene that it was absolute zero, though.

Here's a scan from Bleach that has a character that can use Absolute Zero, and what is generally needed for a character to be qualified for the ability:

AZ

Az1

You see the difference?

But anyway, yeah, it's definitely a good ice feat, I just don't think it necessarily qualifies as Absolute Zero.

I think the story saying something is impossible doesn't really mean much. Since this is fiction, and anything is possible.

Hm... Yeah...

Yeah, it's probably just really cold ice. DMUA? Any opinions on this?

On side note:

@Warren

Do you disagree with any of the other additions? (AP, Speed, Self-Sustenance)

Yeah, I guess it's best to just label it as Ice Manipulation.

Kuroiha said:
Hm... Yeah...
Yeah, it's probably just really cold ice. DMUA? Any opinions on this?

On side note:

@Warren

Do you disagree with any of the other additions? (AP, Speed, Self-Sustenance)
I do.

It seems like a solid upgrade.

I can barely believe it though.

Lol. Well, 4-A Kirito with MFTL+ speed.

Not to mention Kirito's not the only one.

Asuna can summon meteors that can literally disintegrate things.

But don't forget, Underworld is way faster than real life.

Along with Sacred Arts and Incarnation, their technology advanced like hell.

I'd say they're probably a type II civilization by now.

TheUpgradeManHaHaxD said:
Where can i read the light novel, and what volume is the current season on? I want to read this lol
I can give you PDFs translated by Defan. Just message me on my wall.

The anime is currently on Volume 11, Chapter 6, Parts 2-3.

Yeah. There's the Mechadragons who can travel between two solar systems in ten minutes casually.

The Abyssal Horror is capable of catching up to said Mechadragons when they're at full acceleratio, and Kirito is superior or at least comparable to the Abyssal Horror.

It seems fine to me.

All that's left is this CRT, and removing Kirito's Alicization stats on his original profile.

Also, do you have any disagreements with any of the additions?

Nah this looks good. Star King Kirito already has a lot of star feats to back up his name, soo.

Star Queen Asuna would obviously scale to him too btw.

Oh. Alright then.

Yeah, Asuna scales to him.

Hm... I asked Gemmysaur and SD to come over, so should we add the stats already or wait for their opinions?

Wait for their opinions would be best, though adding the stats would be an easy change in the sandbox, since I can just revert them back if they don't accept.

Edit: Wait, this also means Kirito absorbing the stars when powered by the world isn't an outlier. We can have tier 4 Kirito when powered by the world most likely.

Xmark12 said:
Edit: Wait, this also means Kirito absorbing the stars when powered by the world isn't an outlier. We can have tier 4 Kirito when powered by the world most likely.
Alright.

And yeah, at this point, it's not an outlier anymore.

Space is 100% simulated, too.

>ME RIGHT NOW WHEN I SEE CURSED IMAGES OF LONG-HAIRED KIRITO
Thicc - Anthony Fantano-0
Thicc - Anthony Fantano-0

AguilaR101 said:
Speed needs to be calculated still. Is there an specific feat in which timeframe can be measured or estimated?
>TFW I already did this earlier in the thread but I just naturally have the stench of suck so it's completely evaded

KLOL506 said:
TRASH LIEK SAO
Someone hasn't read the books

... Legit, anime isn't a good adaption in the slightest

Also progressive Kirito

Also Argo

To be fair, if you never liked SAO in the first place you most likely won't like the books, since they're just the anime but more fleshed out... and in better order.

But yeah cutting out Argo from the anime and only delegating her to a single scene in episode 3 was a dick move on A-1.

>you'll never like the thing if you don't like the thing that's extremely unfleshed out and basically doesn't have any of the positive qualities of the original work or the reboot of the original work

... I mean my fix is an oversimplification but

... Eh the only reason I'm not extremely against SAO is SAO Tabletop

Okay, upon quick analysis there are some extreme troubles with this 4-A Kirito and the assumptions there:

"And then, as though they collided violently with a transparent wall, they stopped in midair and ricocheted in different directions.

The universe trembled.

The innumerable stars reflected in Steeka's widened eyes shook like ripples on water. Next moment, a shockwave roared past her and rumbled the mechadragon's enormous body.

At a complete loss for words, Steeka noticed that the needle in the miniature instrument on the right side of her imagepanel swung straight up in an instant.

"You're... joking... that's impossible..."

Steeka had never seen the instrument, called the «Incarnation meter», move up 20 percent like this. Her ears filled with Laura'nei's awed voice.

"...I don't believe it... Such powerful Incarnation... It's like the entire universe is trembling..."

But the reality before their eyes was undeniable.

Okay, this is all fine and dandy as a feat, but there's something people are forgetting here:

SAO takes place inside virtual realities, literal video games. The notion that a video game would realistically contain and process an entire universe's worth of space, rather than rely on conventions like pre-rendered backdrops, and not rendering anything at all between planets and stars (Not unlike No Man's Sky in a way) is crazy.

You'd have to realistically and conclusively prove that the game is an entire universe, as opposed to merely a small game simulation of one. Even the largest games we have, that actually try to simulate realities on an interstellar scale, don't actually populate the space between systems.

Not to mention the possibility of this being an extreme outlier, as all Kirito's other feats even in his strongest incarnations cap at Tier 6.

Turning night into day only requires Kirito to manipulate the skybox of the game, or at the very best do something like flip the planet, but it's most likely an unquantifiable form of hax. And creating "An infinite night sky" is obviously poetic hyperbole. No night sky is infinite.

As for Kirito going MFTL+, it's clearly not something that scales to his regular speed in combat. He had to create machines that travel across interstellar distances, and likely crosses them through the same mechanism that such machines do as well.

Not rendering anything between planets and stars would lead to statements such as "this creature has adapted to survive in the extremely cold environment of outer space" being utterly pointless, though.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Underworld fully similates space. It's not just your average virtual reality. Equating real life limitations to fictional 2021 tech is fallacious.

He already performs a 4-B feat earlier via absorbing stars, and moves plenty of stars so I don't see your point.

It's literally an NPC Creature in a video game, though. That's its backstory in the game.

Also, there was a past thread about SAO's Tier 4 feats and the same conclusion was reached, that there's no proof that the stars and nebulae simulated are anywhere as big as real stars and nebulae:

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1904280

Back