• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Tapu-Koko Upgrade/Also Question about Z-Moves

After looking at the Tapu Guardian profiles I wanted to ask to be sure about some things. For starters, we have the guardians, such as Tapu Koko, rated at Country Level for being comparable to Solgaleo and Lunala. Well if their Z-move "Guardian of Alola" summons all of the energy from the Alola Region itself then shoudnt that make them "At Least Country Level"???

And my question regarding Z-moves.....how are we treating them? Are we treating them as outside help abilities (which would explain why the guardians only have GoA as their only Z-move on their profiles)? If not, then shouldnt they get more hax abilities added for them?

I would very much appreciate it if someone could help explain this to me please. Thank you.

Z-Moves are potentially avaiable to any Mon, like TMs, so I don't think they would be used.

"All the energy" of Alola doesn't sound country.

Maybe but the issue with that is TM's are done through artificial means so it makes sense we wouldnt use those (actually in another thread its currently discussed that trainer specific pokemon might be able to use TM's but thats beside the point). Even though these Z-moves are available to possibly every mon, they can naturally use them as long as they learn a move thats the same type as the Z-move. So I wanted to know if Z-moves were gonna be addable to pokemon besides the specific only ones like the Tapu's or be treated otherwise.

Really? I thought if you took all the power of the country it'd be country. If not country then how strong would it be?

Exactly. Which is why that, while understandable, I dont understand why they wouldnt receive Z-moves as a part of their everyday hax abilities. Same thing for pokemon in general really. It's not like Z-moves are given to pokemon through unatural means such as TM's. All they need to do is have a move thats the same type as the Z-move they want to use and it can happen. By no means am I going against what others think this is just something I recently came to notice.

Also, how strong would Guardian of Alola make the Tapu? It absorbs all the energy Alola has and is released at full power. But as mentioned above it might be weaker than what we currently tier the Tapu as. Is this true?

@Cal

Also sorry to bother you if I am but could this be possibly highlighted? Seeing as how this might be a decently notable topic for Pokemon so it should get more attention.

The real cal howard said:
Sorry, man. I'm done highlighting for a while, after my recent failures...
Eh u never know 5th times the charm xD

Jokes aside, I understand. But Im sure you'll have better luck in the future no doubt. Don't give up.

The Tapu gains a boost in power with their Z move, but the tier remains at Country level. Maybe in the future Z moves will be included in Pokémon profiles only if valuable calcs are made.

Dark649 said:
The Tapu gains a boost in power with their Z move, but the tier remains at Country level. Maybe in the future Z moves will be included in Pokémon profiles only if valuable calcs are made.
Alright. But would it still be worth making a key out of or is it fine as it is?

Fair enough. Though some Z-moves should be able to give pokemon, or at least the Tapu, an upgrade in hax.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Alright. But would it still be worth making a key out of or is it fine as it is? Fair enough. Though some Z-moves should be able to give pokemon, or at least the Tapu, an upgrade in hax.
For now is fine at it is. Maybe, i'm currently analyzing all the details of all the variations and effects of the Z-moves.

Dark649 said:
Alright. But would it still be worth making a key out of or is it fine as it is? Fair enough. Though some Z-moves should be able to give pokemon, or at least the Tapu, an upgrade in hax.
For now is fine at it is. Maybe, i'm currently analyzing all the details of all the variations and effects of the Z-moves.
Sounds good. So just one more thing. If we do decide to use Z-moves after going through and understanding its powers and affects, will all Pokemon be getting them? Or just specific ones with their specific Z-move?

Sounds good. So just one more thing. If we do decide to use Z-moves after going through and understanding its powers and affects, will all Pokemon be getting them? Or just specific ones with their specific Z-move?
We are thinking about that, before we must wait for someone to make a page with the calc of the destructive power of all the Z-moves and that will take some time.

Dark649 said:
We are thinking about that, before we must wait for someone to make a page with the calc of the destructive power of all the Z-moves and that will take some time.
Understood. Thank you for explaining this to me.

My bad but I have another question regarding the Tapu I remembered to ask.

Considering how the Tapu were capable of fighting against Solgaleo and Lunala on equal comparable terms in the past, shouldnt that also mean that the Tapu have resistances to all the hax Lunala and Solgaleo have? I figured that if they didnt Lunala and Solgaleo would have beaten them through BFR alone....rather easily....if the Tapu weerent able to match their abilities. But this doesnt appear to be the case since all of them are well alive and present in the games.

That's diving too much into speculation. We can't just assume they can resist all of Solgaleo and Lunala's hax when we haven't seen them do such a thing.

The Everlasting said:
That's diving too much into speculation. We can't just assume they can resist all of Solgaleo and Lunala's hax when we haven't seen them do such a thing.
I know its speculative but why not? If they werent, Solagelo or Lunala would have just BFR'd the Tapu into another dimension and be done with it. Or beaten them through bypassing durability. And other methods.

If they fought each other on equal terms in the past shouldnt that imply the abilities from either side not being enough to take down the other?

Back