• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Spectacular Spider-Man Revision and Upgrade

I noticed that in season 2, Spectacular Spidey fights way better against Venom and Tombstone than in season 1, going as far as fighting on par with and even defeating the latter. These are significantly higher showings than his previous encounters with them, as during those times he was easily stomped and or manhandled.

Season 1:

Season 2:
Keep in mind that in his previous fight against Venom, Spider-Man couldn't even do the things he did in season 2

My proposition is that Spectacular Spider-Man should be split into two keys—season 1 and season 2.

The current key becomes season 1, while season 2 should be 'At least 8-C' for fighting evenly with and defeating Tombstone and being able to do more damage to and fighting overall better against Venom than he did before.

Agree: 5 (Coolboy6, Vizer04, XSOULOFCINDERX, FantaRin_The_First, Akidwholiketopowerscale)

Neutral: KingEzran

Disagree:

Last edited:
Personally, I don't consider this enough to justify another key. It doesn't really change any aspect of the character. Like, don't get me wrong, it's improvement, but it's not a really that significant of a change to any statistic aside from AP, and if there were a separation of keys, the resistances to the symbiote's abilities would probably be put there. In my opinion, it would make more sense to have a separate key for the symbiote rather than a separate key for the seasons.

Overall, if these do get added, I'm not necessarily against it. I see why it would be added, but I don't consider it to be a necessary revision. It's a rather small change and wouldn't make a difference between scenarios that Spider-Man would be put in such as versus threads. But as said before, I'm fine with it either way, that's just how I feel at a first glance. For now, consider me Neutral.

Hm, while I think KingEzran's post does have a good point and would be a statement that I would agree with on any other series, I, personally, agree with this revision and think Spectacular needs a new key due to his performance in season 2.

I think it's relevant enough because Spidey was previously stomped out hard by Tombstone and Venom yet in season 2 he fights far better against them than he did before. There's a huge difference between his season 1 and season 2 showings against them.

Last edited:
I suppose it's agreeable, Tombstone is seen training in some episodes as well, but at the same time I'm not sure how necessary it is when you could just say he gets stronger and post those feats in the brackets.

I suppose it's agreeable, Tombstone is seen training in some episodes as well, but at the same time I'm not sure how necessary it is when you could just say he gets stronger and post those feats in the brackets.
This would do and is more in line with site standards.

"Is demonstrably stronger in season 2" or something along the lines of with the feats in OP

I'm really unsure. I always saw the second rounds as Peter growing more in skill than anything else

This would do and is more in line with site standards.

"Is demonstrably stronger in season 2" or something along the lines of with the feats in OP
If this goes through, then it'd be something like "At least Building level (Stronger than before, putting up much better fights against Tombstone and Venom, who previously made short work of him)

For durability, it could be "At least Building level (Could endure an onslaught of attacks from Tombstone in their second battle. Kept getting up after taking attacks from Venom)

EDIT: Its worth noting that these keys may have an impact on some of the other pages we have (Green Goblin comes to mind). It also means slightly adjusting the season one reasons, but harming Rhino comes from Season 1, so the highest calc'd feat that applies to Peter would still be there

This reminds me, we gotta get to TAS keys at some point lol

Drafted up how this could look for Spider-Man with keys

Building level (Harmed Rhino, who made a crater after falling from the Daily Bugle), higher with the Black Suit | At least Building level (Stronger than before, putting up much better fights against Tombstone and Venom, who previously made short work of him)

Building level (Has taken hits from The Rhino. Can survive blasts from Shocker) | At least Building level (Could endure an onslaught of attacks from Tombstone in their second battle. Kept getting up after taking attacks from Venom)

Key: Season 1 | Season 2

Abilities don't need to be separated by seasons I'd say, I'm pretty sure no one has any disagreements there

I believe there may be some support for the idea that characters like Spider-Man got stronger in Season 2. Norman revealed that he took the Goblin Formula in smaller doses that increased his strength, speed, and intelligence which each dosage, rather than take it all at once and overdose like his son. Because of that, its reasonable to assume the amount of doses he took was greater in Season 2 compared to Season 1

Why is the 8-A end for one of the calcs considered an outlier tho

Why is the 8-A end for one of the calcs considered an outlier tho
We've gone over it a ton already, but I'll cover it once more:

A) The feat itself knocked Electro out, who was the one that performed said feat
B) The feat is far above the consistent 8-C feats displayed in the series

Its pretty much inapplicable no matter how you look at it. I’d go as far as to call it a textbook example of an outlier

We've gone over it a ton already, but I'll cover it once more:

A) The feat itself knocked Electro out, who was the one that performed said feat
B) The feat is far above the consistent 8-C feats displayed in the series

Its pretty much inapplicable no matter how you look at it. I’d go as far as to call it a textbook example of an outlier
Fair enough

Giving it some more thought, I think I'd like to be counted on the approval vote

Drafted up how this could look for Spider-Man with keys

Building level (Harmed Rhino, who made a crater after falling from the Daily Bugle), higher with the Black Suit | At least Building level (Stronger than before, putting up much better fights against Tombstone and Venom, who previously made short work of him)

Building level (Has taken hits from The Rhino. Can survive blasts from Shocker) | At least Building level (Could endure an onslaught of attacks from Tombstone in their second battle. Kept getting up after taking attacks from Venom)

Key: Season 1 | Season 2

Abilities don't need to be separated by seasons I'd say, I'm pretty sure no one has any disagreements there

I believe there may be some support for the idea that characters like Spider-Man got stronger in Season 2. Norman revealed that he took the Goblin Formula in smaller doses that increased his strength, speed, and intelligence which each dosage, rather than take it all at once and overdose like his son. Because of that, its reasonable to assume the amount of doses he took was greater in Season 2 compared to Season 1
Thanks for reminding me of this thread. And yeah, this.

Wait, not done. Gotta edit certain profiles cuz scaling. Venom wasn't At least 8-C before. Also Tombstone wasn't At least Class 50 despite effortlessly pinning Spider-Man with one leg.

Back