• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Source abilities revisions - Maou Gakuin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. This CRT was created to possibly revise how the wiki treats the power increase characters from Maou Gakuin gain as they approach death/destruction, and also to possibly revise another "ability" related to the source in Maou Gakuin.

I mainly decided to create this CRT because I think Anos Voldigoad's current tier description looks somewhat ridiculous and that it should be changed.

Tier: 7-B. Far higher as approaching destruction. 2-B, possibly 2-A with <Venuzdonoa> | 5-A. Low 2-C, up to 2-B via <Egil Grone Angdroa>. At least Low 2-C, likely higher via <Gilieriam Naviem>. Far higher as approaching destruction. 2-B, possibly 2-A with <Venuzdonoa> | Low 2-C. Higher via world-destroying magic. Far higher as approaching destruction. 2-B, possibly 2-A with <Venuzdonoa> | Unknown, likely 2-B, possibly 2-A. Far higher as approaching destruction.

I am currently busy with IRL work for the most part, so I cannot provide a lot of supporting scans atm, and would therefore appreciate any help in gathering scans for this.
This topic is also somewhat debated within the verse's community itself, so this thread can also be used for discussion to possibly resolve any disagreements regarding how exactly the power increase functions.

I will first establish that the "source" in Maou Gakuin is the fundamental concept of existence that all living things hold within them, which exists deeper than the body, soul and spirit. A bit more info regarding the source can be found here.

Quoting boxes don't seem to work very well with spoiler boxes, so just reload the page if none of the quoting boxes show a "Click to expand..." option.

When I use the term "regular death", I am referring to a person's death without the destruction of their source. When I use the term "true death", I am referring to a person's death when their source is destroyed.

A Japanese idiom is consistently used to describe a truth that applies to all sources in Maou Gakuin, tho sometimes in somewhat different ways.

From here:
「灯滅せんとして光を増す」
ともしびが消えようとする前のほんのしばらくの間、光が明るさを増す。人が死ぬ前にちょっと容態がよくなったり、物事の滅亡の直前に一時勢いをもり返したりすることのたとえ。

"The torch flares up with renewed vigour just before it extinguishes."
The light brightens for a short while before the torch is about to disappear. The parable of getting a little better before a person dies, or regaining momentum just before the destruction of things.

The statement from the novels:
灯滅せんとして光を増し、その光を持ちて灯滅を克す。

The torch flares up with renewed vigour just before it extinguishes, and uses it to overcome extinguishment.

This basically means that as a person approaches death/destruction, they gain a permanent power increase, and can then utilise that power increase in an attempt to prevent their own death/destruction.

Here is Anos' first explanation of this:

「いいか、サーシャ。根源が最も魔を放つのは、それが消滅の危機にさらされたときだ。灯滅せんとして光を増す。これこそが魔法を学ぶものにとって、確かな道しるべとなる」
[...]
「魔力が強くなっても死んだら意味ないわよねっ!」
「無論だ。灯滅せんとして光を増し、その光を持ちて灯滅を克す
つまりだ。
「死ぬ一歩手前の力を使い、自らを救え。そうすれば、次の死ぬ一歩手前の力は更に高まる」
死の危険がないからこそ、この時代の魔族は弱い。
魔力を強くするには、死なぬ程度に死ぬことこそが肝要だ。

"Listen, Sasha. The source releases the most magic when it is threatened with annihilation. The torch flares up with renewed vigour just before it extinguishes. This is a reliable guide for those who study magic."
[...]
"Even if your magic power gets stronger, it won't matter if you die!"
"Of course. The torch flares up with renewed vigour just before it extinguishes, and uses it to overcome extinguishment."
In other words.
"Use your power just before you die to save yourself. That way, the next time just before you die, your power will be even greater."
The demons of this age are weak because there is no danger of death.
In order to strengthen their magic power, it is essential to die without dying to a degree.
- WN Chapter 73 (MTL)

In this chapter, Sasha and others were training with Anos. During their training, they were threatened with regular death. It is extremely unlikely that they were being threatened with true death, as nothing even implies that their sources were in any kind of direct danger.
Anos uses the idiom to explain the power increase, and says that if you successfully prevent your own death the first time, your power will be even greater the second time you are threatened with death.
Therefore, we can establish that characters can gain a power increase when approaching regular death.

灰に変えられながらも、ボミラスの炎が一際勢いを増した。
まるで燃え尽きる前のロウソクの火の如く。

滅びに近づく奴の根源は、今まさにこれまでの魔力の限界を超え、輝いている。

Despite being reduced to ashes, Bomiras' flames increased in vigour.
It was like a candle before it burned out.

The torch flares up with renewed vigour just before it extinguishes, and uses it to overcome extinguishment.
The source of the guy who is approaching destruction is shining right now, exceeding the limits of his former magic power.
- WN Chapter 358 (MTL)

Bomiras gained a power increase as his body was approaching destruction and reduced to ash. This once again shows that characters can gain a power increase when approaching regular death.

<破滅の魔眼>が空を破壊し、海を割る。
彼女は自らの根源を見据え、その力にて滅びへと近づけ、魔力を底上げしているのだ。

刻一刻と彼女は滅びへ向かい、その力はかつての破壊神へ限りなく近づいていく。
しかし、サーシャは神体を失っている。このままでは体がもつまい。

The <Magic Eyes of Destruction> destroys the sky and breaks the sea.
She is staring at her own source, using her power to approach her own destruction, thus raising her magic power.

With every passing moment, she is headed towards destruction, and her power is getting exceedingly closer and closer to the God of Destruction she once was.
However, Sasha has lost her divine body. If she continues like this, her body won't be able to hold out.
- WN Chapter 419 (MTL)

Sasha gained a power increase as her source was approaching destruction because she was destroying her own source. This shows us that characters can also gain a power increase when approaching true death (source destruction).

「然り。言い替えるならば、深化は生誕に優り、終焉は深化を克し、転変は終焉を凌駕し、生誕は転変を超える。それが、ダ・ク・カダーテの秩序にして、この世界に不動として存在する理だ」

根源が深化する。
すなわち、深淵に潜り、その魔力が成長していくことをさす。

深化が極まった先に待っているのが、終焉というわけか。

確かに、魔力がより強くなるのは根源が滅びに近づいたときだ。
その力は、滅びそのものには敵わぬ、というのも納得はいく。

しかし、その果てに、とうとう滅びを克服できぬ瞬間がやってくる。

"That's right. In other words, deepening is superior to birth, demise overcomes deepening, transformation surpasses demise, and birth exceeds transformation. This is the order and the truth that exists firmly in this world."

The source deepens.
That is, to dive into the abyss and let its magic power grow.

What awaits us once deepening reaches its peak is demise.

Certainly, magic power becomes more powerful when the source approaches destruction.
It is understandable that its power is no match for destruction itself.

However, in the end, there will come a moment when destruction cannot be overcome.
- WN Chapter 428 (MTL)

Dialogue between Anos and the Deepening God once again confirms that characters can also gain a power increase when approaching true death (source destruction). It is also established that there is a limit to the power increase normal characters can gain, tho the exact limit is not confirmed.

There are many more examples of this power increase as characters approach death, be it regular death or true death, tho I do not currently have the time to find them all.

I think the above evidence is enough to prove that normal characters gain a permanent yet limited power increase when approaching death. I am unsure which [Ability] this power increase qualifies as tho. This power increase can be statistics amplification, reactive power level, or something else.

My proposal regarding the above is something as follows:

Add "Limited [Ability] (The torch flares up with renewed vigour just before it extinguishes, and uses it to overcome extinguishment. In other words, as a person approaches their own death, they gain a permanent yet limited increase in power, which they can then utilise in an attempt to prevent their own death)" to all Maou Gakuin characters.

「俺が滅んだところで、消える保証もない」

カイヒラムの根源が呪いを秘め、イージェスの根源が血の力を秘めるように、俺の根源は滅びを秘める。

滅びが近づくほどに、力を増す根源。
ならば、実際に滅んでしまえばどうなるか。

無限に膨れあがった魔力だけが、そこに残るのではないか。
そんな予感が頭をよぎる。

"Even if I perish, there is no guarantee that I will disappear."

Just as the source of Kaihilam holds a curse, and the source of Eges holds the power of blood, my source holds destruction.

A source that grows in power the closer it approaches destruction.
Then, what happens if it is actually destroyed?

Only the infinitely swollen and increased magic power would remain there.
Such a premonition crossed my mind.
- WN Chapter 362 (MTL)

It is implied throughout the story that Anos' Source of Destruction gains a seemingly limitless power increase as it approaches destruction.
The logic behind it is relatively simple. His power increases as his source approaches destruction ("decreases"), and since his power presumably increases infinitely as his source approaches destruction, it should theoretically reach infinite power once his source is completely destroyed.

Before I could rip it out, the apocalyptic flames closed in on me and flared up.
The world-destroying flames were consuming me, and my source was coming to an end.
But on the other hand, my magic power was swelling up quickly.
[...]
Gorloana's eyes widen as he looks at me being burned by the apocalyptic flames.
"Why...?"
He spills the words, as if it is inexplicable that I am not destroyed in an instant.
[...]
"But that's all in the past, isn't it?"
I drew a magic circle around my own dying source.
I had taken the apocalyptic flames that was destroying the world into my body.
"I'm sorry, but I'm heading into the future."
Just in time, it seems.
<Egil Grone Angdroa> brings my source closer to destruction.
It's a sign of the end that I haven't felt in a long time. The end times.
That is, the torch flares up with renewed vigour just before it extinguishes, and uses it to overcome extinguishment.
It's a truth that applies to all sources, but it's even more powerful for me, who specializes in destruction magic.
The closer I get to destruction, the stronger I become, and finally, I overcome that destruction.
There was never an opportunity to receive <Egil Grone Angdroa>.
And that's why I dared to expose myself to it.
"It is a freshly created magic that has not been etched in your traces."
The power of destruction that had been swallowed inside my body overflowed.
Seven spirals of black flames clung to my entire body.
- WN Chapter 275

Anos was able to survive a Low 2-C attack, when at the time he should have only had 5-A durability, via the power increase he gained as his source approached destruction.

根源が斬り裂かれ、俺のすべてが滅びに近づく。

あえて斬らせることで滅びに近づいた根源が、それを克服しようと更に輝きを増す。

[...]

「……滅びに近づけば、それを克服せんと力を増すその根源ではあるが、その瞬間、あまりに魔力が強すぎて、お前さんは存在するだけでこの世界を崩壊させてしまう……」

[...]

「お前さんはこの世界を傷つけぬよう、その漏れ出す滅びの力を自らに向けるであろう」

暴走する根源から、夥しい量の黒き粒子が溢れ出る。

魔法行使さえもしていない、純粋な魔力の塊。だが、それは世界を闇に閉ざさんがばかりに、暗黒の輝きを放っている。

The source is torn apart, and all of me is approaching destruction.

The source, which approached destruction by daring to be cut, shines even brighter in its attempt to overcome it.

[...]

"...The closer you approach destruction, the more your power increases to overcome it, but at that moment, your magic power is too strong, and your mere existence will cause this world to collapse..."

[...]

"You will turn your leaking power of destruction against yourself so as not to damage this world."

An immense amount of black particles overflowed from the rampaging source.

It is a mass of pure magic power without even using magic. However, it emits a dark glow, as if it were closing the world in darkness.
- WN Chapter 315 (MTL)

The fact that the power increase Anos gains as his source approaches destruction is so immense that it would cause Anos to destroy the world with his mere existence further supports the idea that Anos' Source of Destruction gains a seemingly limitless power increase as it approaches destruction.
I do not intend to discuss the verse's cosmology in this thread, but "worlds" in Maou Gakuin are currently accepted as space-time continuums with endless and endlessly stretching size (possibly infinite size), so to destroy the world with your mere existence would indeed require at least infinite power.

One other example that I easily remember is the Anos vs Eques battle. Anos' seemingly limitless power increase as his source approaches destruction enabled him to both physically harm a character with Low 2-C durability and withstand Low 2-C attacks, when once again he should have only had 5-A AP and durability.

There are more examples of this power increase as Anos' source approaches destruction, tho I do not currently have the time to find them all.

It is important to note that this seemingly limitless power increase only applies specifically when Anos' source is approaching destruction, not when Anos approaches regular death. After all, if this increase in power applied to when he approaches regular death, the world would have already been destroyed earlier in the story, since Anos has already been "killed" before.
Anos also suppresses himself after gaining this permanent power increase by offsetting his own power with his own power.

Remove all "Far higher as approaching destruction" ratings from Anos' tier description, AP and durability justifications, etc.

Add "[Ability] (The torch flares up with renewed vigour just before it extinguishes, and uses it to overcome extinguishment. In other words, as a person approaches their own death, they gain a permanent yet limited increase in power, which they can then utilise in an attempt to prevent their own death. Additionally, as Anos approaches his own destruction, his power increases infinitely; e.g. This immense increase in power enabled Anos to withstand an <Egil Grone Angdroa> capable of destroying the universe)" to Anos' profile instead.

I think any other feats related to the power increase Anos gains as his source approaches destruction can be added to the above justification, as it would still look better than what is currently on Anos' profile.

I think a few characters in Maou Gakuin, most likely characters who are considered mid tiers to top tiers of the verse, could possibly qualify for some sort of resistance to conceptual manipulation.
Sources in Maou Gakuin are somewhat unique, e.g. some sort of conceptual blood can overflow from a person's source when it is damaged, among other things.
I saw people mention that withstanding conceptual attacks to your concept as physical attacks could qualify as resistance to concept manip (this assumption is probably based off of profiles like this). If the previous statement is true, then I think a few characters in Maou Gakuin could possibly qualify for resistance to concept manip/destruction, as some characters' sources have some sort of "durability", and can seemingly withstand conceptual attacks as physical attacks.

滅びの根源が拍動していた。
それに突き動かされるように、心臓が激しく震え出す。

虚無を取り込んだ根源が身中にて暴れ、強く、強く、その真価を発揮していた。
滅びぬものは、たとえ無でも許さぬとばかりに。

この身の深奥が、グラハムの虚無を遙かに上回る破滅に満ちる。

だが、奴の根源は少なくとも<極獄界滅灰燼魔砲エギル・グローネ・アングドロア>に耐えるだけの力がある。

それを終焉に導くため、世界を滅ぼす以上の滅びが、根源の奥で荒れ狂っているのだ。

外に漏らしてしまえば、世界に致命的な傷を与えることになろう。

The source of destruction was beating.
As if driven by it, my heart begins to shake violently.

The source that had taken in the nothingness was rampaging through my body, strongly, strongly, and demonstrating its true value.
It will not tolerate anything that does not perish, even if it is nothing.

The depths of this body are filled with destruction that far exceeds Graham's nothingness.

But, his source is at least strong enough to withstand an <Egil Grone Angdroa>.

To bring it to an end, more destruction than the destruction of the world is raging deep within the source.

If it were to leak out, it would be a fatal wound to the world.
- WN Chapter 372 (MTL)

Graham's source is able to withstand an <Egil Grone Angdroa>, a magic with at least Low 2-C AP, and Anos states that a power greater than world-destroying power (greater than Low 2-C AP) is needed to destroy Graham's source, so I think it is implied that Graham's source can withstand conceptual attacks as physical attacks.
Anos' source is superior to Graham's source and also has this sort of "durability". A few other characters can also withstand conceptual attacks as physical attacks, tho to a weaker degree than Graham and Anos.

I think only Anos and Graham can possibly receive an upgrade from this without other supporting scans tho.

Again, I am currently busy with IRL work for the most part, so I cannot provide a lot of supporting scans atm, and would therefore appreciate any help in gathering scans for this.

Conclusion:

• Add "Limited [Ability] (The torch flares up with renewed vigour just before it extinguishes, and uses it to overcome extinguishment. In other words, as a person approaches their own death, they gain a permanent yet limited increase in power, which they can then utilise in an attempt to prevent their own death)" to all Maou Gakuin characters.
  • Remove all "Far higher as approaching destruction" ratings from Anos' tier description, AP and durability justifications, etc.
  • Add "[Ability] (The torch flares up with renewed vigour just before it extinguishes, and uses it to overcome extinguishment. In other words, as a person approaches their own death, they gain a permanent yet limited increase in power, which they can then utilise in an attempt to prevent their own death. Additionally, as Anos approaches his own destruction, his power increases infinitely; e.g. This immense increase in power enabled Anos to withstand an <Egil Grone Angdroa> capable of destroying the universe)" to Anos' profile instead.
  • I am unsure which [Ability] this power increase qualifies as. This power increase can be statistics amplification, reactive power level, or something else.
  • Most characters who are considered mid tiers to top tiers of the verse could possibly qualify for some sort of resistance to conceptual manipulation/destruction, because they can withstand conceptual attacks to their source (concept) as physical attacks. This upgrade is mostly lacking supporting scans however.

Last edited:
Hello. This CRT was created to possibly revise how the wiki treats the power increase characters from Maou Gakuin gain as they approach death/destruction, and also to possibly revise another "ability" related to the source in Maou Gakuin.

I mainly decided to create this CRT because I think Anos Voldigoad's current tier description looks somewhat ridiculous and that it should be changed.

I am currently busy with IRL stuff for the most part, so I cannot provide a lot of supporting scans atm, and would therefore appreciate any help in gathering scans for this.
This topic is also somewhat debated within the verse's community itself, so this thread can also be used for discussion to possibly resolve any disagreements regarding how exactly the power increase functions.

I will first establish that the "source" in Maou Gakuin is the fundamental concept of existence that all living things hold within them, which exists deeper than the body, soul and spirit. A bit more info regarding the source can be found here.

Quoting boxes don't seem to work very well with spoiler boxes, so just reload the page if none of the quoting boxes show a "Click to expand..." option.

When I use the term "regular death", I am referring to a person's death without the destruction of their source. When I use the term "true death", I am referring to a person's death when their source is destroyed.

A Japanese idiom is consistently used to describe a truth that applies to all sources in Maou Gakuin, tho sometimes in somewhat different ways.

From here:

The statement from the novels:

This basically means that as a person approaches death/destruction, they gain a permanent power increase, and can then utilise that power increase in an attempt to prevent their own death/destruction.

Here is Anos' first explanation of this:

In this chapter, Sasha and others were training with Anos. During their training, they were threatened with regular death. It is extremely unlikely that they were being threatened with true death, as nothing even implies that their sources were in any kind of direct danger.
Anos uses the idiom to explain the power increase, and says that if you successfully prevent your own death the first time, your power will be even greater the second time you are threatened with death.
Therefore, we can establish that characters can gain a power increase when approaching regular death.

Bomiras gained a power increase as his body was approaching destruction and reduced to ash. This once again shows that characters can gain a power increase when approaching regular death.

Sasha gained a power increase as her source was approaching destruction because she was destroying her own source. This shows us that characters can also gain a power increase when approaching true death (source destruction).

Dialogue between Anos and the Deepening God once again confirms that characters can also gain a power increase when approaching true death (source destruction). It is also established that there is a limit to the power increase normal characters can gain, tho the exact limit is not confirmed. Once this unknown limit has been reached, if characters cannot prevent their own death, they will die.

There are many more examples of this power increase as characters approach death, be it regular death or true death, tho I do not currently have the time to find them all.

I believe the above evidence is enough to prove that normal characters gain a permanent yet limited power increase when approaching death. I am unsure which [Ability] this power increase qualifies as tho. This power increase can be statistics amplification, reactive power level, or something else.

Add "Limited [Ability] (The torch flares up with renewed vigour just before it extinguishes, and uses it to overcome extinguishment. In other words, as a person approaches their own death, they gain a permanent yet limited increase in power, which they can then utilise in an attempt to prevent their own death)" to all Maou Gakuin characters.

It is implied throughout the story that Anos' Source of Destruction gains a seemingly limitless power increase as it approaches destruction.
The logic behind it is relatively simple. His power increases as his source approaches destruction ("decreases"), and since his power presumably increases infinitely as his source approaches destruction, it should theoretically reach infinite power once his source is completely destroyed.

Anos was able to survive a Low 2-C attack, when at the time he should have only had 5-A durability, via the power increase he gained as his source approached destruction.

The fact that the power increase Anos gains as his source approaches destruction is so immense that it would cause Anos to destroy the world with his mere existence further supports the idea that Anos' Source of Destruction gains a seemingly limitless power increase as it approaches destruction.
I do not intend to discuss the verse's cosmology in this thread, but "worlds" in Maou Gakuin are currently accepted as space-time continuums with endless and forever stretching size (possibly infinite size), so to destroy the world with your mere existence would indeed require infinite power.

There are more examples of this power increase as Anos' source approaches destruction, tho I do not currently have the time to find them all.

One other example that I easily remember is the Anos vs Eques battle. Anos' seemingly limitless power increase as his source approaches destruction enabled him to both physically harm a character with Low 2-C durability and withstand Low 2-C attacks, when he should have once again only had 5-A AP and durability.

It is important to note that this seemingly limitless power increase only applies specifically when Anos' source is approaching destruction, not when Anos approaches regular death. After all, if this increase in power applied to when he approaches regular death, the world would have already been destroyed, since Anos has already been "killed" before in the story.
Anos also suppresses himself after gaining this permanent power increase by offsetting his own power with his own power.

Remove all "Far higher as approaching destruction" ratings from Anos' tier description, AP and durability justifications, etc.

Add "[Ability] (The torch flares up with renewed vigour just before it extinguishes, and uses it to overcome extinguishment. In other words, as a person approaches their own death, they gain a permanent yet limited increase in power, which they can then utilise in an attempt to prevent their own death. Additionally, as Anos approaches his own destruction, his power increases infinitely; e.g. This immense increase in power enabled Anos to withstand an <Egil Grone Angdroa> capable of destroying the universe)" to Anos' profile instead.

I think any other feats related to the power increase Anos gains as his source approaches destruction can be added to the above justification, as it would still look better than what is currently on Anos' profile.

I think a few characters in Maou Gakuin (most likely characters who are considered mid tiers to top tiers of the verse) could possibly qualify for some sort of resistance to conceptual manipulation.
Sources in Maou Gakuin are somewhat unique, e.g. some sort of conceptual blood can overflow from a person's source when it is damaged, among other things.
I saw people mention that withstanding conceptual attacks to your concept as physical attacks could qualify as resistance to concept manip (this is probably based off of profiles like this). If the previous statement is true, then I think a few characters in Maou Gakuin could possibly qualify for resistance to concept manip, as some characters' sources have some sort of "durability".

Graham's source is able to withstand an <Egil Grone Angdroa>, a magic with at least Low 2-C AP, and Anos states that a power greater than world-destroying power (greater than Low 2-C AP) is needed to destroy Graham's source, so it is implied that Graham's source can withstand conceptual attacks as physical attacks.
Anos' source is superior to Graham's source and also has this "durability". A few other characters can also withstand conceptual attacks as physical attacks, tho to a weaker degree than Graham and Anos.

Again, I am currently busy with IRL stuff for the most part, so I do not have the time to find and provide an adequate amount of scans to support this. I would appreciate any help to find supporting scans for this.

I think only Anos and Graham can possibly receive an upgrade from this without other supporting scans tho.

Conclusion:

• Add "Limited [Ability] (The torch flares up with renewed vigour just before it extinguishes, and uses it to overcome extinguishment. In other words, as a person approaches their own death, they gain a permanent yet limited increase in power, which they can then utilise in an attempt to prevent their own death)" to all Maou Gakuin characters.
  • Remove all "Far higher as approaching destruction" ratings from Anos' tier description, AP and durability justifications, etc.
  • Add "[Ability] (The torch flares up with renewed vigour just before it extinguishes, and uses it to overcome extinguishment. In other words, as a person approaches their own death, they gain a permanent yet limited increase in power, which they can then utilise in an attempt to prevent their own death. Additionally, as Anos approaches his own destruction, his power increases infinitely; e.g. This immense increase in power enabled Anos to withstand an <Egil Grone Angdroa> capable of destroying the universe)" to Anos' profile instead.
  • I am unsure which [Ability] this power increase qualifies as. This power increase can be statistics amplification, reactive power level, or something else.
  • Most characters who are considered mid tiers to top tiers of the verse could possibly qualify for some sort of resistance to conceptual manipulation, because they can withstand conceptual attacks to their source (concept) as physical attacks. This upgrade is mostly lacking supporting scans however.
I agree, looking at the anos profile which is now quite lengthy, so I agree because you provide good evidence

• Most characters who are considered mid tiers to top tiers of the verse could possibly qualify for some sort of resistance to conceptual manipulation, because they can withstand conceptual attacks to their source (concept) as physical attacks. This upgrade is mostly lacking supporting scans however.
Scans are needed for that resistance. as long as you can prove that the attack is based on conceptual manipulation or conceptual by nature and Is affecting a concept and the concept resisted it then it should be allowed.

the rest looks fine. I'm more for improving Anos's profile

The ability probably fits statistics amplification and the edit to the ability itself makes sense. I am unsure about the conceptual manipulation resistance though. Would it just be like stronger Ki = resist hax in dragon ball?

As long as you can prove that the attack is based on conceptual manipulation or conceptual by nature and is affecting a concept and the concept resisted it then it should be allowed.
<Egil Grone Angdroa> can destroy a space-time continuum, interfere with (and also destroy?) gods' order and authority (laws and concepts) IIRC, and burn literal space as an after-effect. We also know that it is capable of affecting and destroying characters' sources (concepts). Therefore, I think that when it's destroying a character's source, which is confirmed to be a concept, it is most likely based on conceptual destruction.
We know Graham was able to "resist" this magic, but it is clearly stated that the reason for this is because his source is "strong", and that a "stronger" attack (greater than Low 2-C AP) is needed to destroy his source, which implies that Graham's source can withstand conceptual attacks as physical attacks. I am still unsure if it actually qualifies as some sort of resistance to concept manip/destruction.

I am unsure about the conceptual manipulation resistance though. Would it just be like stronger Ki = resist hax in dragon ball?
As I said above, I am also unsure about this.
It is pretty common in Maou Gakuin that "stronger" magic power = physically stronger and sometimes able to resist certain magic, but it is never specifically stated that "stronger" magic power = resist hax, i.e. powers that bypass durability, or something similar.

Last edited:
If justified you should probably justify it differently. Rather than saying they take it as a physical attack it’s probably better to say that their magic power can be used to resist conceptual manipulation/functions as a defense against conceptual attacks.

Approaching destruction/death should be RPL imo since it’s an external factor that is forcing them to get stronger in response to it.

I’d say that you can justify the concept resistance with the statement for Graham’s “strong” source since it implies that it’s superior to a typical source and thus a higher “level” of concept.

What are the conclusions here so far?
The "Approaching death/destruction" revisions seems to be overall accepted. What ability it actually qualifies as is still being discussed.

It seems like most people at least agree that the "Possible Resistance to Conceptual Manipulation" revisions could qualify as some sort of resistance to concept manip, but the justification is still being discussed.

If no more verse supporters are willing to give input in this thread, then it might be best to just get some input from staff members, IMO.

Last edited:
Well, for me just Resistance to Conceptual manipulation instead of "possibly" seems fine, but if you guys are okay with possibly rating then it's ok....

Also yeah, should be RPL for what I'm seeing

The "Approaching death/destruction" revisions seems to be overall accepted. What ability it actually qualifies as is still being discussed.

It seems like most people at least agree that the "Possible Resistance to Conceptual Manipulation" revisions could qualify as some sort of resistance to concept manip, but the justification is still being discussed.

If no more verse supporters are willing to give input in this thread, then it might be best to just get some input from staff members, IMO.
@Everything12 @Duedate8898 @Planck69 @KingTempest @CrimsonStarFallen @UchihaSlayer96

Would any of you be willing to help evaluate this thread please?

I'm way too unqualified to evaluate anything involving conceptual manip.

Everything else is fine though

@Dino_Ranger_Black @JustSomeWeirdo @Theglassman12 @Crabwhale @GyroNutz @DarkGrath @The_Wright_Way @Moritzva

Would any of you be willing to help us evaluate this thread please?

Approaching Destruction or Death or whatever it is should be Reactive Power Level. Resistance to Concept Manip because of normal attack have conceptual property need a scan, i don't think think possibly is work here given we have almost little to no scan

Also i want to re-organize Anos profile actually, as i want to separate Magic Eyes of Destruction and Magic Eye of Chaotic Destruction into their own key rather than group it with a general tab, it kinda make that tab too long and hard to read in my opinion, but i want ImZer0Null opinion on this

I'm not really knowledgeable on this verse, and much like KingTempest, I'm not really qualified to evaluate Conceptual Manipulation (especially because of my lack of knowledge on the verse and the lack of scans).

With that being said, everything else seems good. Reactive Power Level makes sense to me as well, as others have suggested.

Thank you for everyone's input.

@Antvasima
I think it would be best if I only apply the "Approaching death/destruction" revisions, which seems to be properly accepted by regular members and staff members.
It will be added as Reactive Power Level.

I already acknowledged that the "Possible Resistance to Conceptual Manipulation" revisions was lacking supporting scans, and while the one scan I provided should be enough to at least give Anos and Graham some sort of resistance, I think it would probably be best to leave those revisions for another thread with more supporting scans.

If it's fine with you, I would like to start applying the accepted "Approaching death/destruction" revisions.

For that, I need the following profiles unlocked:

Anos Voldigoad
Misha Necron
Sasha Necron
Graham (Maou Gakuin)

Last edited:
Hey Zer0Null, what about my suggestion in re-organizing Anos profile
Sorry, I somehow missed that.

Also i want to re-organize Anos profile actually, as i want to separate Magic Eyes of Destruction and Magic Eye of Chaotic Destruction into their own key rather than group it with a general tab, it kinda make that tab too long and hard to read in my opinion, but i want ImZer0Null opinion on this
While I agree that the tab is a bit long and might be a bit hard to read, I don't think it is necessary to reorganise the tab, IMO.
My main reasons for this are that Anos' magic eyes are not separate from his being like Venuzdonoa is, and therefore IMO does not need its own separate tab like Venuzdonoa has, and also that it won't make any difference on the mobile version of the website, since tabbers don't properly function on the mobile version of the website IIRC.

Sorry, I somehow missed that.

While I agree that the tab is a bit long and might be a bit hard to read, I don't think it's necessary to reorganise the tab, IMO.
My main reasons for this are that Anos' magic eyes are not separate from his being like Venuzdonoa is, and therefore IMO does not need their own separate tabs like Venuzdonoa, and also that it won't make any difference on the mobile version of the website IIRC.
I know actually, but we just make three tab named: general ability | MEoD | MEoCD.
It is not optical equipment, thus it not entirely separate from Anos power, we just listed them in separated tab because those abilities is special power and have mutiple effect on their own, it is easier for people who read his profile

I know actually, but we just make three tab named: general ability | MEoD | MEoCD.
It is not optical equipment, thus it not entirely separate from Anos power, we just listed them in separated tab because those abilities is special power and have multiple effect on their own, it is easier for people who read his profile
IMO it is very important to separate Anos' powers according to his keys, which are separated based on arcs IIRC, since Anos doesn't always have access to later arc powers in earlier arcs (i.e. he can't use all his known powers in every key), e.g. Graham's nothingness.
I know it caused confusion in the past when his powers weren't separated according to his arc based keys, and it seems like your above proposal will not be separating his powers this way, so I personally have to disagree with the above proposal.

I understand why you want to reorganise it, and it's part of the reason why I decided to create a profile for Venuzdonoa, but I at least tried to make it easily distinguishable and readable, and IMO the current layout is fine for now.

I will point out that I don't see the need to create separate tabs for Anos eyes, you only need to lower the screen a little to read, also the EoD and EoCD section is marked and separated, so I don't see the need. And IMO I think adding more tabs would make the profile even more a bit more cumbersome to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back