• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Relativistic/ LS speed for Bang(OPM)

Well, reading the translation of the Japanese, the attack of Homeless Emperor is called Light Balls some times:

In the First time he call "my light power"

http://www.mangasail.com/sites/default/files/manga/3/214949//adsense-ad20160703181254188.jpg

Genos said that is a lot of Light balls in the sky:

http://www.mangasail.com/sites/default/files/manga/9/214949//adsense-ad20160703181828130.jpg

Other time called light sphere attack:

http://www.mangasail.com/sites/default/files/manga/8/214949//20160703182011827.jpg

No one coul evade this attack, Bang was the first:

http://www.mangasail.com/sites/default/files/manga/2/214949//20160703181918956.jpg

Having light in it's name =/= being lightspeed. Unless those light balls have the characteristics of light and being stated to be lightspeed or travelling in a straight line, we can't assume it's lightspeed.

Like Celestial said, just because something is referred to as light does not mean it will be treated as the Speed of Light.

There are certain guidelines that determine what we do and do not determine as a geniune laser attack.

I can't find anything on the criteria list that can be said about these attacks, especially not that they come from a realistic source. Furthermore things we use to determine things not being true lasers, not going in a straight line and travelling at different speeds despite being the same material, can be said about these attacks.

I guess you can ask some Calc Members for further input, but I do not think these energy balls are going to be considered actual lightspeed attacks.

There is nothing very concrete about this ability, they are balls but they always travel in a straight line, but since they are balls I do not think that traveling straight is very relevant. Since they can be created far from the Homeless Emperor I think (it's just my theory, nothing on the sleeve proves it) that the attack is created by concentrating sunlight from the area. I believe it is really light because several attacks in the series are baseafos in energy but they have never been called light.

We can't upgrade characters to such tremendous degrees based on "nothing very concrete" and "just your theory." To accept an attack as lightspeed requires considerable evidence that it is the real life equivalent. Which judging from the fact they're balls of energy that can gradually ascend in the air and go at varying speeds coming from a guy given magical powers from "God," I highly doubt these are actual, real life lasers.

You can politely message other Calc Members if you wish, but I personally do not think this will get accepted.

Genos says that they are "soaring in the sky" likely meaning that they are rising up. Homeless Emperor can hold these spheres on place and lift them up. And does calling it divine really change anything? These attacks still show close to none of the properties of actual lasers, and very argubly shows the exact opposite.

Homeless Emperor can keep these spheres in place and rise them up in the air. This means these attacks can vary in their speed. They can either be immobile, slowly moving up or quickly attacking towards his opponents. That (varying speeds of the same type of light attack) is one of the criteria for an attack not being lightspeed. Along with the fact that they can change their movements pattern or direction they are going.

So you admit you have very little evidence as to this being a real life laser, and there are properties of the attack that go against that. Why should Bang and other characters that scale to him be upgraded to such greater levels because of this then?

As I said earlier, the spheres may have been held in place by some external factor, or the fact of the light bending over a very great gravity (external factor) proves that light is not light?

And of course I say that we do not have any suggestible evidence yet, since I said that I brought this here to the debate

These spheres show none of the criteria on this page for being considered a lightspeed attack, and multiple of the criteria for it not being a real laser. (Capable of moving at varying speeds, not travelling within a straight line and able to change its direction) That is what indicates that they are most likely not lightspeed.

Of course there isn't 100% proof or disproof of this. But at least some evidence for this not being light has been provided, and no evidence has been provided of it being light. Despite the name, which I guess Vegeta is now a universe buster via "Big Bang Attack" then.

Back