• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible mistranslation about World of Void?

Can I ask why is the world of void considered infinite in size? Because the only reason I can find for that is this statement from Beerus, but the term he is using is "eien", which I think means "eternal" rather than "infinite" (although I'm not 100% sure about that, so I'd appreciate if someone who knows japanese could tell me what he thinks about this).

Kami95 said:
Can I ask why is the world of void considered infinite in size? Because the only reason I can find for that is this statement from Beerus, but the term he is using is "eien", which I think means "eternal" rather than "infinite" (although I'm not 100% sure about that).
Have you watch the current episodes?

I didn't watch the last one yet, I'm asking since I'm pretty sure people were referring to it as "infinite" before it, and I currently don't remember such a statement. Of course it's more likely that I just forgot.

Kami95 said:
I didn't watch the last one yet, I'm asking since I'm pretty sure people were referring to it as "infinite" before it, and I currently don't remember such a statement. Of course it's more likely that I just forgot.
Check the picture above

As I said, it could be a mistranslation, I think "eien" mean "eternal" rather than "infinite".

Is not a mistranslation, and either way, the void is now irrelivant. Jiren and goku got to low 2-C due to a different feat or statement.

I know, it was just curiosity. You can close the thread is you have too, but it could still be useful if someone else manages to shake the entire world of void in the future.

I'm just gonna say this now, "Eternal" is not a measurement of space or distance. It would make no sense, "Eternal Nothingness" would mean "Forever Nothingness" if we use the closest synonym, Aka "Infinite Nothingness" anyways.

Akreious said:
I'm just gonna say this now, "Eternal" is not a measurement of space or distance. It would make no sense, "Eternal Nothingness" would mean "Forever Nothingness" if we use the closest synonym, Aka "Infinite Nothingness" anyways.
It could just mean that it's a place where there has always been nothingness.

To be fair, that's what a "world of Void" implies since you can't suddenly convert something into nothing. But then it says it's a world without time or space. It's just safer to assume that they mean it's infinitely-going rather than "It's been like this forever".

The way they were referring to how the world of void was being affected, it's safer to assume that it is meant to be referred to as it is, an infinite plane of nothingness, which was shook by Goku/Jiren's ki. Although it is true we don't scale them based off that anymore.

Back