• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Marioverse A.P. Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found a few things about Dark Bowser that might give him a significant upgrade. And a rather large one at that. It would also, by extension, as Dark Fawful is half the dark power, upgrade him as well.

Anyway, off we go!

So first, I have a small piece of evidence. Chakron, who states that with the power of outer space, he knows all, states that the Mario Bros. are in a cosmic pickle.

The word cosmic pertains to cosmos.

And cosmos, pertains to universe. Thus, Dark Bowser was a Universal threat. There is one more piece of evidence supporting this, as well.

"Will the blockade fall to that cure's power? It certainly will. But will it defeat the Dark Star? That, we simply do not know. The power of the Dark Star's darkness is unfathomable."

Unfathomable pertains to incomprehensible.

Imcomprehensible literally means impossible to understand. It seems to me that would imply an infinite power jump.

With those, is it possible that Dark Bowser and Dark Fawful are upgraded to 3-A or High 3-A?

If not, could an "At least 3-C" work for Dark Bowser, and an "At least 4-A" for Dark Fawful work? Since cosmic couldn't apply to anything lower than 3-C.

Or at least, since I understand this series is very wild in power, could a "possibly far higher" work for the two of them?

I'm sorry but I find this to be far too speculative.

Within your own links, there are multiple different meanings for "cosmic" besides the one chosen for your argument.

Another possible definition for the word cosmic is "characteristic of the cosmos or its phenomena." and also "vast."

Or as the Merriam Webster better articulates, cosmic can also mean "characterized by greatness especially in extent, intensity or comprehensiveness"

This means that the word "cosmic" does not exclusively mean relating to space, let alone the entire universe. This quote can pretty much be reworded as "we're in a very big pickle" and the meaning would be the same. "Cosmic" is also defined as a word meant to emphacize the greatness of something. "We are in a cosmic pickle" does not equate to "this guy is capable of destroying the entire universe within a single attack" in the absolute slightest.

Unfathomable also just means "not able to be fathomed or completely understood" or "not able to be measured within a surrounding line."

It does not remotely take universal power for something to be "unfathomable" or unable to be measured. Especially since the former is rather subjective. Heck, the amount of joules it takes to be 5-B is a number too large for even many calculators to work with, let alone a human imagining such an amount visually. A mere planetbuster can easily be viewed as "unfathomable." And in fiction plenty of people have been called "unfathomable," "unimaginable," etc. by others with nothing at all close to Tier 3 levels of power.

This isn't evidence, you took one word from one obscure quote, got very picky with semantics, chose the definition that suited your argument, despite more reasonable/likely meanings of the term not suggesting what you're saying. Then extrapolated some meaning out that it doesn't have to indicate at all. Along with taking another word asserting it has to mean universe busting, when that is far, far from the case.

Apologies, but I don't think we should upgrade someone so vastly beyond what they've ever been shown or stated capable out of such assumption and falsehoods.

Thank you for the kind words. And no need to apologize. We all make mistakes and at least you've been polite and reasonable about things.

I'll be closing this then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back