• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible lightning feat? (Scorpion - Mortal Kombat)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could this be considered lightning? Raiden's profile lists him as the god of thunder and lightning so it would make sense, if so - would the speed of the lightning be fast enough to be considered a feat?
S0j035A

It looks like the lightning is already touching the floor, then Scorpion teleports in and grabs the kid then teleports out. I don't see him dodging the lightning but that's just me.

I examined the comic and Raiden was using the sword he was impaled with as a conductor for lightning. It appears the lightning is in full effect in the image here, and then Scorpion manages to teleport himself. He appears hit by the end of the katana but only momentarily, as he is still strong enough to teleport away. He then grabs Takeda to save him as shown.
S0j035B

So he teleported behind Raiden, grabbed Takeda, then teleported away from Raiden in the time it took one lightning bolt to finish striking? Is that what you're saying here?

I dunno. The scan makes it hard to determine whether the lightning is a single bolt or a sustained charge, but if it's the former, that'd easily give him Massively Hypersonic reactions at the very least.

Keep in mind, he has a similar feat in which he steals a sword off Raiden before he had a chance to react.
BR7XdYA

^Christ. I've seen a few other isolated scans from the MKX comics before, but this is my first time seeing that. That's awesome

I should
definitely get to reading those someday.

The first feat isn't MHS, as lightning flashes are far longer than the strike itself.

Second feat, idk, as I don't know Raiden's reaction time.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
So he teleported behind Raiden, grabbed Takeda, then teleported away from Raiden in the time it took one lightning bolt to finish striking? Is that what you're saying here?
I dunno. The scan makes it hard to determine whether the lightning is a single bolt or a sustained charge, but if it's the former, that'd easily give him Massively Hypersonic reactions at the very least.
Can confirm it was a single bolt.

BR8Xa42

I have asked two staff members who know about Mortal Kombat to comment here.

No problem, although they do not seem to be very active nowadays.

I'm still not to set on the first feat but the second one where he teleports in and grabs it right out of Riden's hand looks good.

Given what Cal said about the difference between a lightning strike and the flash that comes afterwards, I'm not so sure about the first feat giving Scorpion that much of a boost in his speed ranking anymore.

I'm sold on the second feat, though.

Anyway, I do not think that we can scale a reaction feat from after starting to be struck by lightning, and Raiden was damaged and busy in the second feat, so I do not think that we can use that either.

Antvasima said:
Anyway, I do not think that we can scale a reaction feat from after starting to be struck by lightning, and Raiden was damaged and busy in the second feat, so I do not think that we can use that either.
Raiden is bloodlusted under the influence of cursed daggers, surely his reaction speed would be heightened, especially after provoking a battle himself.

Well, removing a katana from a severe wound takes a comparatively high amount of time compared to regular combat. I do not think that we can use either of these feats.

@Crop the problem with that feat is literally moments before it Quan Chi could not dodge his lighting and Shang Sun a person comparable to Quan Chi also could not react to it. Even in MK9 at the beginning Quan Chi lost to Raiden and could not dodge his lighting iirc.

And Shang Sun? He was just standing their while Raiden did his hand movements and boom, he got hit.

I also did not notice any lightning dodging feats in that video. Perhaps we should close this thread?

@Ant He means when Quan Chi raised the green skull wall before Raiden's hand lighting attack hit him. It happens at 1:15 in the video. The only problem is, in the same video Shang Sun (a person comparable to or has fought people who have fought Quan Chi) could not dodge the lightning and he was perfectly up and even gave Raiden some time to do hand movements then got hit.

I think that they want us to scale Scorpion from teleporting away after being struck by Raiden's lightning, or from teleporting away the sword that the latter was busy pulling out from his body.

@Matthew Well, we need somebody knowledgeable to improve upon them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back