• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible FF15 speed revision

That's what I'm saying, I already did. If anyone feels like bumping it in the thread, I suppose that might work

Idk, would the rest of the crew other than Noct/Ardyn/Ignis w/ the Ring's full power scale to the FTL reflexes bit, since they don't have the Intangibility feat inherent to the power of the Crystal? It would explain Noct pretty easily keeping up with them in mock-combat/tutorials despite having the same combat speed/level of fighting skill, and the feat directly comes from and is proven by the Intangibility rather than anything else.

I'd not mind either way, just food for thought ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

It's likely they would scale Combat speed wise to the FTL reaction bit Considering Ardyn keeps up with Noctis Plus There are several attacks that Noctis can't phase through and must block in game so shrugs

I mean, Ignis, Gladio and Prompto can also keep up with Imps in combat, even without phasing; this would mean that Aranea, Ravus and Cor scale for fighting alongside and against them on occasion. Ardyn definitely scales for keeping up with Noctis himself while the latter is MUCH stronger than when he dodged Imp's attacks, and the Astrals obviously scale as well due to some keeping up with him in combat.

So yeah, i'd say everyone scales.

I mean, I never argued nobody wouldn't scale to the combat speed portion

It's fully possibly to keep up with an imp if one is Sub-Rel+, you just evade when you see your enemy about to throw out its light-speed attack (which, in-game,

Tbh, it feels like people kinda missed the point of what exactly I was getting at. Ah well.

ThePerpetual said:
I mean, I never argued nobody wouldn't scale to the combat speed portion
It's fully possibly to keep up with an imp if one is Sub-Rel+, you just evade when you see your enemy about to throw out its light-speed attack (which, in-game,

Tbh, it feels like people kinda missed the point of what exactly I was getting at. Ah well.
Ah, my apologies.

Also, um, you were saying? Because you never finished "which, in-game,"

...oh, I'm a dumb

Lel

I was saying that, in-game, the Imp's lasers only take a single frame to fire... and I don't really remember my Gladio/Ignis/Prompto dodging it after it was fired. We can demonstrate that Noctis can react to these shots after they're fired even if his combat speed isn't up to par, because his Intangibility is Speed of Thought, yeah? I'm not sure we can do the same for the rest of the crew, I think is what I'm getting at.

Again, I'm not going to be a super hardass about the matter, that's just honestly how it seems to me from what I can see. (And yeah, the crew do very definitely get the Sub-Rel+ combat speed, they can tag Noct/other people who themselves can tag Noct pretty consistently. Just to be sure that's clear.)

On the positive side, the lasers being 1-frame to fire makes it basically irretufable they're legit lasers...

In Ignis's own words:

"...you have a point."

In any case, they may not be AS fast, but they're at least comparable to Noctis in speed; so yeah, pretty much what you said.

I did miss your point I thought you where saying there Reguler combat speed may scale to noctis reaction my bad

Kepekle/Antvas say it should be fine to use

So, what, Sub-Rel+ combat speed for the whole lot of them, definitely, and FTL reactions for Noctis/Ardyn/Ignis with the Ring... arguably other people too, maybe. This right?

Actually, i'd say the opposite; everyone scaling to FTL reactions, but only Noct, Ardyn and Ignis with the Ring for Su-Rel+, simply because Noctis wouldn't be able to dodge without Phasing Magic, and most lacking said magic.

I could be wrong tho; i'll be sure to ask Everlasting to share his oppinion on the matter.

...that doesn't make any sense at all tbh. No one with Sub-Rel+ combat speed would've been able to dodge through that at close range, the only reason Noctis consistently does is because a tap of a button can auto-intangible him in response to whatever attack is coming his way.

The rest of the crew don't have that luxury, and so they don't dodge it in that way- however, they ca consistently land hits on characters with comparable combat speed to Noctis's own, who can react to his strikes, and can in turn dodge such character's attacks.

Imo, if you can't prove they can dodge, you definitely can't prove they can react, in most cases. Not the other way around.

I agree with everyone being Sub-Rel+ with FTL reactions for Noct, Ardyn, Ring Ignis and the other top-tiers.

...actually, I've sort of come to a realization that FFXV doesn't really have much in the way of travel speed feats, not to my memory at least

Can't Noctis/Ardyn/Ignis fly around with the same power that grants them their TK? If so, they def. scale to the TK speed of the Royal Arms, which would equal MHS. Don't know what to do about the others, though... anyone got anything? In theory I could scale them to it, but... again, idk.

(Inb4 they're all Normal Human level because "they have to drive a car to get anywhere")

Well, best i've got is that Ardyn and Noct can clear a city-wide area fairly quickly, but i'm sure that the Royal Arms' travel speed is higher than that of their own.

But that's flight speed; i'm unsure about the speed of everyone on foot

The way Matt describes it, Noct is able to casually strafe at roughly the same speed his Royal Arms are traveling to strike the Leviathan the entire fight, and at the point they had already demonstrated the speed feat in question

You have a point about it being flight speed though, not in so much as it would invalidate its use for travel speed in general so much as it might block the lower-tiers from scaling, since they don't get to go Super Saiyan with the ring

Hell if I know. I guess I could also put them at Unknown for now, instead, with just a combat speed rating.

ThePerpetual said:
The way Matt describes it, Noct is able to casually strafe at roughly the same speed his Royal Arms are traveling to strike the Leviathan the entire fight, and at the point they had already demonstrated the speed feat in question
You have a point about it being flight speed though, not in so much as it would invalidate its use for travel speed in general so much as it might block the lower-tiers from scaling, since they don't get to go Super Saiyan with the ring
Er, where in this fight is Noctis running around the same speed as the weapons he's firing at Leviathan? Cause it looks pretty evident he's throwing them and teleporting to them- which would only make sense if how fast he threw them exceeded how quickly he could fly in terms of his combat speed.

https://youtu.be/vkKX77Bq0x8?t=6m

Back