• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible downgrade for superman post flashpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude how does the editor contradict the writer? The writer only said he crashed into the new multiverse He never said he destroyed it

Plus his power up is unquantifiable Knocking down WF shouldnt mean anything as he only knocked him off his feet and didn't even KO him By that logic Batman should be multiversal as well since he kicked the Spectre or legion of doom who took out mxy in the same comic

DB shouldn't be relevant here since they can focus their power on a single point while superman destroys the entire city fighting while holding back

How can he even pinch the multiverse let alone punch it? If anything either the editor is correct which he would be since he has no reason to lie or Superman destroyed the anvil to destroy the multiverse and anvil durability is unknowm

Also thought robot should be downgraded as well since he's outerversal because he exists supposedly in the monitor realm which supposedly is the highest plane of existence while according to the recent comics the 6th dimension is the highest plane of existence which is beyond the source wall By that the monitor realm should be 4D

Yeah, this just seems to be a case of WoG contradicting what happens in the source material, and I don't even know if that counts as "WoG" in the first place, since it's coming from an editor, not from the writer.

Skimming through the comic myself, it's pretty clear that the World Forger's masterpiece was already completed and stable. The final strike of his Anvil was just going to supersede the current Multiverse with the new one, as shown by the scans AerrowStorm posted above.

Okay. I suppose that the profile should probably stay as it is then.

Having read the comic a little while ago and skimmed it several times just for fun, I can say that I disagree with the downgrade.

To me, the writer will supersede the editor in terms of creditability. The writer wrote the story and knows what they intended to convey. Even if I didn't think like that, and held the editor's words to be just as important, then we'd have to contradicting statements, so we can't trust them and must turn to what happened in the comic.

In the comic the Forger's masterpiece is ready to go. It's made, it's done and all he needts to do is put it into place. Forger never states that it needs more time or work, IIRC. Superman, after sundipping numerous times, busts that as he punches out Forger. Honestly, this is one of the most straightforward feats on this level I've seen.

Slim00001 said:
Plus his power up is unquantifiable Knocking down WF shouldnt mean anything as he only knocked him off his feet and didn't even KO him By that logic Batman should be multiversal as well since he kicked the Spectre or legion of doom who took out mxy in the same comic

DB shouldn't be relevant here since they can focus their power on a single point while superman destroys the entire city fighting while holding back

How can he even pinch the multiverse let alone punch it? If anything either the editor is correct which he would be since he has no reason to lie or Superman destroyed the anvil to destroy the multiverse and anvil durability is unknowm
Multiple things.

1.) On this wiki, i'm pretty sure we don't accept things like chip damage (at least not to this extent), and we've had characters scale to simply knocking out a 2-C to 2-B character around for a bit as a 2-C to 2-B character. Take Darkrai in the Pokemon movies, yeah he doesn't outright knock out or beat Palkia or Dialga but he still scales to them from hurting and effecting them throughout the movie. Hell, Lucario from Pokemon 7 scales to 2-C/2-B for outright knocking out a Darkrai for 2 panels. Superman outright knocks World Forger on his ass to a point where he's visibly shaken up from the hit and fatigued, so theres no really disputing him incapacitating him.

2.) Batman never hurt Spectre, the next page Spectre literally states that he just let Batman pretend to hurt him to make him feel better. , and the Legion of Doom has backup from Batmite when they defeated Mr Mxyzptlk. Either situation isn't comparable.

3.) Superman does have some radius of control over his punches and how strong his attacks are, he's hit guys with Planet level punches and the earth didn't shatter in half. Hell, Flash has punched guys with his infinite mass punch, which hits with the force of 1-600 KILOfoe and it doesn't destroy the Solar System when smashing Zoom in the face. Concentrated attacks can exist in DC.

4. "how can you destroy the Multiverse by punching it?"

By hitting it really hard.

@Jared

My bad for being AFK longer than I told you I'd be. Got caught up in some stuff irl.

Anyway, at first I thought this would be a straightforward downgrade but as of right now I think the complete opposite. I looked around, reread the arc, and saw the same things Aerrow posted above: this associate editor wasn't even one of the guys Snyder referred to and contradicts what the actual story said.

This guy's statement has no more credibility than the random staff writer that said Goku's not universal or Tom Brevoort saying Thor can't run across town fast or even punch 100 times a minute. This reeks of someone contacting an unrelated editor with leading questions.

I agree with the various members that already posted who disagree with this downgrade.

Yeah, I've been rereading the arc myself and looking online for anything relevant and I have to say I also agree with the above points made against this downgrade. Its just a blatant contradiction.

no dbs writer ever said goku is not universal......he said that even if he could destroy a universe he will not actually destroy it

in this case i dont see anything saying in the comic that the multiverse was perfectly stable....where are people even getting that from......editor clearly says that it was not and crumbled on its own.....knowhere it is stated that superman destroyed the multiverse

explanation from editor >>>>>>>>>>> speculation fans based on far fetched asumption

and the editor did not contradict the writer.....what the writer said is true that superman did crash the multiverse when hitting but when hitting what? when hitting world forger....and how did he do that? that is further explained by the editor....both are saying the same thing not contradicting each other

Okay. It seems like Superman should stay the way he is then. Should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back