• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew_Schroeder

VS Battles
Retired
Hello everyone. Today I was re-watching parts of Batman v Superman: Ultimate Edition, and certain thoughts came to me:

Particularly, that the characters in the movie might be stronger than what I previously thought.

Firstly, here is the scene that currently ranks Superman, Wonder Woman, General Zod and the like as "Low 7-B"

Batman v Superman - Full FIGHT with DOOMSDAY PART 1
Batman v Superman - Full FIGHT with DOOMSDAY PART 1

Doomsday was completely unharmed by the Nuclear Explosion, and absorbed it's power, while Superman barely survived it, though when exposed to faint sunlight he regenerated from his flesh injuries in seconds. So it likely wouldn't bring him harm at broad daylight.

Batman v Superman - Full FIGHT with DOOMSDAY PART 2
Batman v Superman - Full FIGHT with DOOMSDAY PART 2

However, looking closer, this does seem to be higher than City level. And to do that I took screenshots:

Altitude
This is how high into orbit Superman and Doomsday went.

Explosion Skies
This is how the explosion looks from Metropolis

Doomsday Falls
And this is Doomsday falling into land again, in comparison to the explosion cloud. Overall, I get the impression that the explosion had a wider ranger than normal Nukes.

When Doomsday falls, he lands on Stryker's Island, a tiny uninhabited place in-between Metropolis and Gotham.

Stryker's Island
Doomsday, having absorbed the nuke's energy, releases another explosion, wiping the island AND releasing a huge tower of energy that reaches space.

Stryker Explosion 1
Stryker Explosion Above
I am not good at calculations, so I am unsure how this would wield, but I am pretty certain it would be a result higher than City level.

Does anyone have any idea of how to approach this feat, or would be willing to calculate it?

The guidebook also states Superman to have equal reaction speed with his travel speeds, so that too should be adjusted I feel.

@Kryptonian Here.

Also on that note hasn't Superman fought against people with reactions comparable to his own like Zod and Doomday? Should perhaps his combat speed also be listed as MHS+?

Supes, Wondie, Zod, Faora and Doomsday, and whoever scales to them.

Also, in regards to Superman being harmed by a Nuke:

He had been hit twice by Gaseous Kryptonite Grenades, depowering him and degrading his cells, and at night with no Sun to fully heal him. He was likely still weakened.

I would like Doomsday's blast that reaches space to be calculated.

Limited Sunlight? Lol, dude was practically a skeleton. He started to Regen when he was directly infront of the Sun while in space. Earths Atmosphere wasn't nearly as strong at that height.

Not to mention that The Nuke exploaded in space it's AoE would be greater without all of the factors on earth impeding it.

Akiretsu said:
Limited Sunlight? Lol, dude was practically a skeleton. He started to Regen when he was directly infront of the Sun while in space. Earths Atmosphere wasn't nearly as strong at that height.
Not to mention that The Nuke exploaded in space it's AoE would be greater without all of the factors on earth impeding it.
He wasn't directly infront of the Sun, it was barely rising in the horizon. Sure, he was in space, but he was still within the Earth's atmosphere, he hadn't gone that far.

He still regenerated in mere seconds. The nuke would likely have caused him no harm if he was in broad daylight.

Doomsday beam is still FAR above Nuke level.

Pixel Scaling
I did Pixel Scaling.

3 Km = 87 Pixels in it, while Stryker's island is 118 Pixels, or about 4.05 Km.

Pixel Scaling Above
154 Pixels = 4.05 Km in this, so 688 Pixels are about 18 Kilometers.

I may be screwing this completely. Give help?

Matthew Schroeder said:
Akiretsu said:
He wasn't directly infront of the Sun, it was barely rising in the horizon. Sure, he was in space, but he was still within the Earth's atmosphere, he hadn't gone that far.
He still regenerated in mere seconds. The nuke would likely have caused him no harm if he was in broad daylight.

Doomsday beam is still FAR above Nuke level.
1.)He passed out of earths Shadow which put him directly infront of the sun in that sense, not that he floated all the way to the sun.

2.)That's kinda baseless. With nothing to prove it with aside from associating him with Doomsday which would fall under an associative fallacy. You can really claim the that the Kryptonite Gas was still in effect being by the time this happened it was WELL after that battle. The nuke made him nearly skeletal, yes that is a amazing regen feat but that doesn't say Supes would tank a nuke or regen from the the sunlight that reaches the earths surface. Earths Atmosphere at that height is not nearly as potent and is nearly a non factor so yes, Supes had gotten much much more sunlight then what he would have gotten on earth.

3.)And what feat puts him FAR above Nuke level? Tanking the nuke? It's stated he absorbed the energy for one, so that in and of itself medigates the amount of damage he would have taken. And his AoE is =< mid to high end nukes. We know he didn't absorb all the energy from the nuke, so what he's working with is a power that's quite less than that of a Nuke everything considered.

@Matthew You can ask the calculation group members, and see if anybody is interested.

Doomsday and Superman were out of Earth's atmosphere. I believe by the time the nuke arrived they were in Low Earth Orbit.

Also whether Doomsday personally absorbed part of the nuke or all of it, the most important thing to take from this is he got hit in the face with a hypersonic icmb nuke, was caught in the epicenter of a nuclear explosion, no sells re-orbital entry, and none of that stopped him. He only got Stronger.

Personally I feel everyone in the DCEU is fine where they're at currently. No need to ugrade them.

@Matthew Schroeder

Right, however as much I would like to use this as official proof that DCEU Superman is country/continental level, we don't exactly know how he did it. I do though think this should be a good indicator of how potentially strong this Superman is.

But yeah, I think DCEU Superman is fine where he's at currently.

It was a newspaper headline in Wallace Keefe's apartment saying that Superman shifted a tectonic plate to prevent an earthquake. You can Google it because I'm on mobile now.

Well, as usual, you can start a forum topic linking to the calculation, and then ask the calc group to evaluate it. If they accept it, it can be used to rescale the relevant DCEU characters.

Yes I linked those calcs made by cvdebater666. However I believe we should ignore those as another user on that site Gojirason pointed out they were all flawed and explained why. I don't think anyone should consider them, unfortunately. @Antvasima is there a page that shows all of the edits made for DCEU Superman in the past?

Okay. You can check the history section of his page.

You can message the calculation group members about it if you wish.

Thank you very much. Would anyone do the beam that shoots into space? Pretty sure the bulk of the energy was in that.

If my rough calcs are correct, the pillar of nuclear energy would have a wield of 760 megatons roughly, or 3.17984e+18 joules.

It's got a cylindrical area of 119.38km┬▓, and a circle with that area would have a radius of 6.16km

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back