• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Danny Phantom Resistances Buff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
So I created this thread some time ago, it wasn't completely accepted so I never added it so I'm remaking it and hopefully it can finsih.

Alright so this will be discussing the level of Mind and Empathy Manipulation Resistance for the Danny Phantom ghosts. Ember McLai can control the minds of everyone on earth but she can only do so if they hear her music so I don't know if that's usable, if so, ghosts have Planet level mind and empathy resistance since they no sell her music until she buffs it's potency. Like I said though, I don't think we scale to that type of mind hax.

At 4:20 Ember shows up and starts playing music, controlling the minds of all the group of kids at 4:38. At 4:55 to 5:23 you can see Danny remains uneffected by the musics effects and even when she makes all the kids enraged, he still is uneffected and Ember got a buff when they were chanting

At 8:50 to 9:20 in the video we see Danny and Ember in a lock and when she gets another boost which allows her to overpower him. She explains that she'll become even stronger when her concert goes global and everyone will be her slave. At 9:38 she states that now that she has enough power from the chanting her music can effect Danny which it does.

At 15:00 Ember starts her concert and it is broadcasted across the globe via satellite and it shows people around the world watching and chanting her name. At 15:55 After her spell is broken off of Danny it shows Danny is actually near Ember and is completely uneffected by her music now even with her buffs from the crowd. Now this would seem inconsistent since Danny was effected before Ember got this big a boost but earlier when she did this she states "I have more the just music for you" This suggests her empathy manip/music is above her mind manip/music and they are even different dials.

At 6:30 of the episode Girls Night Out, Ember boosts Kitty's kiss and allows it to expand across all of Amity Park, effecting every ma. At 7:15 she fires another wave that takes control of all the females and Ponelope Spectra and Kitty are completely uneffected.

Now I've stated how ghost attacks work in a previous thread but I'll explain it again for those who do not know. Ghost attacks contain the ghosts essence, their very will and consciousness is in it. So when Ember is playing her guitar it is actually sending her ecto energy/consciousness and taking control and effecting the minds of others. She created the guitar to fuction that way because she herself lacks the range herself. This is why when she gets buffed by chanting, not only does she get stronger but so does her music. I don't know if this would allow scaling this way but ghosts can outright resist her music which is capable of controlling minds on a planetary scale by broadcasting. This meams Ember's consciousness/will is able to control all their minds at once. Like I said though, her empathy manip is more potent then her mind manip since she says it's more then just her standard.

Note: I removed the Sayonara ghost resistance option as it was not properly backed and was an assumption.

So, thoughts?.

As far as Ember goes, I don't think you can scale her hax's potency like that. Because the problem with her is that her controlling every mind on the planet is going under the assumption that every person on the planet, or next to every person anyway, is listening to her music all at once. So for her, I think it'll be better if you find a scene where the biggest amount of people you can find are listening to her music and then scale her to that.

And as for Sayonara/Possessed Paulina, I disagree with her hax potency scaling to planetary. There is a difference between what she wanted to do and what she was actually capable of accomplishing. Just because it was her intention to rule over all teenagers doesn't mean she was actually able to pull that intention off. Her intention even seems to be just a guesstimate as she just says "I bet I could become super fairy queen of all teenagerdom".

Actually, It is shown that people across the entire planet were listening to her music as it was being broadcast live across the globe. It shows different places and Ember even states the whole world will be chanting her name and she says the world will literally be her's so while I wouldn't say every single last person on the planet was listening, it is implied a large portion was.

For Sayonara, nothing really suggests she can't but I understand what you are saying so I'll drop that one, saying she can and showing it are two different things. Ember however is very much implied to be planetary tho.

Yeah, I do remember the episode. And she could have planetary mind control over time for sure, but it is mostly broadcasting that lead to the planetary spread of her control. She could still have planet wide mind manipulation over time. As for resistance to it, I'm not sure. There was a discussion that mind manipulation masses of people is indeed great potency, but it was agreed that in a scenario where the character is already in the middle of actively controlling planetary population's minds, and there's just one or two people resisting; it would just be basic resistance.

In a scenario where someone can mind hack the entire planet, but they let go of that mind control to focus exclusively on one person; which said person resists. That would be an example of resistance to planet wide mind manipulation.

Well Ember already had all the kids under her control, minus Danny and Sam (Sam was blocking it with anti-ghost tech). She then fires a wave that makes all the students go on a frenzy which Danny wasn't effected by in the slightest.

Later in the episode she buffed up it's potency and then it effected Danny. After breaking the effects, Danny was able to no sell Embers music once again while she was preforming the song that was bring broadcasted across the planet.

In the episode "Girls Night Out" Ponelope Spectra and Kitty were completely unaffected by Embers wave that took control of every female in Amity Park which is described as both a Town and a City so I'd assume Large Town/Small City size population then cut that in half you would get the amount of people do to no men being there.

One thing though. If Ember is using broadcasting to actually spread her mind control across the planet, isnt that her using tv's, radios, and whatnot as mediums for the feat?

@ProfessorKukui4Life

In a sense, it's not actually the music. It is explained in the series that ghost noise is on a different level. The Ghost Gabber is a device that takes the sounds a ghost makes and turns them into words we use. The Fenton earphones filter out spectral noise so Sam was only just hearing music but Embers essence was pushed out. Same when Ember sent the wave that was able to spread across all of Amity Park without any equipment but Maddie was safe because the basement of the Fenton house was lined with Anti-Ghost material. Vortex and Undergrowth spread there will and consciousness throughout the weather and plant life on a global scale, it allows them to see through it, control it and they maintain it's very existence. As soon as their sucked into the Fenton Thermos or their main bodies are destroyed all of Undergrowth's plants die out and the weather effects that Vortex created vanish.

There are other examples of this by ghosts but these two are the best. Ember is the same as every other ghost. Her essence is inside the music, it takes control of people and Ember herself needs to constantly maintain control of them. So while her music was broadcasted with help, she herself has to have the mental power to keep everyone under her control. She naturally doesn't have the range to get everyone on the earth in one go (like Vortex and Undergrowth) but she does have the power to control everyone on the planet through her main will/consciousness if they all heard her music. So it's still her doing the feat at the end of the day, at least in my opinion. Danny can no sell Ember's mind control even after her buffs from countless people. Meaning even she, who can manipulate the minds of countless people across the world with her will. Can't even penetrate Danny's mind is insane.

Now I won't assume she had every last person on the earth because that would be a mean assumtion since we would half to take into account those who arn't near any tv, radios and such. That still would be a lot of the population Ember has under her control that she is easily manipulating. Sorry if that didn't answer your question.

Has she proven capable of focusing all this? This seeme a lot like that Naruto mindhax that reflected light off the moon or whatever in that resisting it's isn't analagous to planetary resistances.

@Wokiston

Don't know if this answers you question but the power comes directly from them, they can focus it in one point. This is how ghost power works be it hax or strength. Everything from themselves and their abilities are made of ectoplasmic energy which is why the Specter Deflector can neg all ghost abilities because they are all backed by ectoplasmic which all ghosts mainpulate regularly.

This is completely different from Naruto as Ember isn't just using a move and catching everyone and she no longer has to worry about them. She is using her very essence that she has to consistently maintain to keep everyone under control.

Ember can create Omnidirectional Waves to small waves that go in one direction. She is capable of directing where her power goes so she can literally focus her efforts on a single individual like she did with Danny and Sam on the roof.

Techus can focus his control on one thing, Undergrowth as well and so can Vortex. Lunch Lady can focus all her essence into one form or spread it. Ghost do this so Don't see why Ember would be incapable of doing the same thing when she can manipulate her energy/essence and focus her power just like them.

Planetary range for all ghosts seems a lot wank tbh.

They needed almost every ghost in the ghost just to turn Earth intagible for a few seconds.

Crabwhale said:
Planetary range for all ghosts seems a lot wank tbh.

They needed almost every ghost in the ghost just to turn Earth intagible for a few seconds.
What?. This is about resistance to mind hax, not giving every ghost planetary range. What does them needing a bunch of ghosts (No where near every ghost) to turn the earth intangible half to do with resistance to mind hax?.

Planatary range in Danny Phantom isn't wank. Vortex has planetary range with Weather Manipulation, Undergrowth has planetary range with Plant Manipulation, The Reality Gaunlet warped the earth, The Fright Knight's Soul Shredder's storm is stated to be able to reach planetary. There are even ghosts in the Ghost Zone that can create realms big enough to contain moons, planets and stars. There are ghosts with range even higher than planetary so it's not wank.

Also, Phantom Planet is legit filled with inconsistent material compared to the rest of the series.

And I said it's wanky when it's applied to every ghost.

Planetary box manipulation whe

I see, then yes, that would be major wank. Do you want me to summarize the thread?.

So, can I update the profiles? Or does anyone have any other questions?.

A summary of what has been accepted and not accepted would be useful first.

Accepted: Looking through the thread, no one seems to have a problem with updating the resistance to th level of what Ember has shown without outside influence. Ember has shown controlling the minds of all the students at Danny's High School, which should be in the hundreds and has a feat of controlling all the females in Amity Park which is stated to be a Town and a City so I think a Large Town size is a safe estimate.

Large Towns have a population of 10,000 to 100,000 so I'll use 10,000 to be safe and cut it in half do to the men not being present so 5,000.

Note: Yes, Ember can focus all this on a single person as I explained above

So Ember's Mind Hax output would be in the hundreds to thousands. The resistance would say Resistance to Mind Manipulation and Empathic Manipulation (Ghosts can easily resist the effects of Ember McLai's music which can control the minds and emotions of hundreds of students and the entire female population of Amity Park)

Not Accepted: Planetary Mind Manip. Ember used an outside source to reach a globle scale and while I did explain how the mind hax works I think it's safe to just scale the amount she's shown without help. So I'll drop the planet level mind hax.

Ok, I'll update the profiles. This thread can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back