• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible ChaosGallantmon upgrade?

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
I'm sorry for all the Digimon threads, but I found this little interesting bit of info when revising the Megidramo page.

It has a body made from Chrome Digizoid. According to one theory, Megidramon and ChaosGallantmo are the same being, and it is said that whether that wave of terror is projected as a dark knight or as a dark dragon depends on the observer.

Note: The wiki pages are mostly just translated entries from the official Digimon reference book.

I tracked down the statement to his official databook entry page which can be found here.

http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Megidramo

A more or less direct translation of the statement can be found here.

http://wikimon.net/Megidramo

ChaosGallantmon's page also seems to reflect this.

Its heart and thoughts are completely Dark Side, and it is nothing more than the "Digital Hazard" that brings calamity to the Digital World. It is clad in black, demonic armor refined from high purity Chrome Digizoid just like Dukemo

ChaosGallantmons reference book entry page can be found here. Warning as the Digimon Wiki page is less accurate.

http://wikimon.net/Chaos_Dukemo

http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/ChaosGallantmo

This is further backed up by Gallantmon Crimson Mode, Gallantmons "mode change" form is listed as 3-A here. This is even further backed up as in Digimon World Dawn/Dusk, ChaosGallantmon states he use to be a member of Gaia-Origin, who are all far superior than ExoGrimmo and GranDracmo. Its members include Gallantmon CM, Susanoomo, Beelzemo and so on. I can't find the scan it's stated in but it's mentioned here.

http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_characters_in_the_Digimon_Story_series#ChaosGallantmo

While it is stated as just being a theory (a in-universe theory one), I believe everything else backs up.

Implications and scaling
If this would be accepted, it would boost up ChaosGallantmon from 5-A to 3-A, Low 2-C via Digital Hazard.

To my knowledge, this would only really scale to composite profiles up to 3-A. It would help solidify Koh and Sayo's Universe feats, and thus would scale to Dianamo and Apollomo, maybe Minervamo Dusk/Dawn dividers. Would also effect the Angewomon composite profile [Ofanimon section] due to Ofanimon bing a major end game boss in that game.

This might even scale to Takumi from Cyber Sleuth (if he ever gets a page that is..) due to Sayo's minor involvement in the story.

Thoughts?

Well, I don't know if we can count a wiki as a reliable resource, but I would like to hear more opinions regarding this.

Antvasima said:
Well, I don't know if we can count a wiki as a reliable resource, but I would like to hear more opinions regarding this.

Oh I forgot to mention on the OP, the wikis main pages are actually just translated entries in the official databooks. I'll edit the post to reflect that.

I was wondering about this myself. Since it's official, there's little reason to not adjust ChaosGallantmon's stats accordingly, but the one reservation I have about this is the fact that ChaosGallantmon is Gallantmon's Virus-counterpart and thus his equal.

If this goes through, then we have 3-A Gallantmon, who scales to the rest of the major Royal Knights, who scales the Olympos XII, who scales to...

You get the idea.

Reppuzan said:
I was wondering about this myself. Since it's official, there's little reason to not adjust ChaosGallantmon's stats accordingly, but the one reservation I have about this is the fact that ChaosGallantmon is Gallantmon's Virus-counterpart and thus his equal.
If this goes through, then we have 3-A Gallantmon, who scales to the rest of the major Royal Knights, who scales the Olympos XII, who scales to...

You get the idea.

Oh man, I thought it only scale to Crimson Mode if you're right and its scales to all of the Royal Knight...this would scale to tons of Digimon, I'll see if I can make a list of characters this would and could scale too.

For sure we have:

Magnamon,

Omnimon

Alphamon

UlforceVeedramon

Sleipmon/Kentaurosmon

ShiningGreymon

Olympos XII

Four Great Dragons

Digimon Sovereigns

Three Great Angels (Gallantmon is a lot stronger than LordKnightmon)

Rapidmon (Miracle-Egg)

That's everyone I can muster off the top of my head.

By the way, I love your new profile image.

Lets see, the one I made was...

Royal Knights
Olympos XII
Digimon Sovereings
The Seven Great Demon Lords
Tactimon (I think?)
Shinegreymon BM (I think)
Shinegreymon RM (Maybe)
MirageGaogamon BM (ShineGreymons equal)
Rosemon BM (Comparable to ShineGreymon)
Seraphimon (Due to Dawn/Dusk)
ShadowSeraphimon (I think?)
Ophanimon (Equals to Seraphimon)
Ophanimon Falldown Mode
Sayo (For defeating ChaosGallantmon)
Koh (Equal to Sayo)
Takumi (Comparable to Sayo I think, I havent finished Cyber Sleuth)
Chief Julia (For commanding ChaosGallantmon)
Chief Glair (Comparable to Julia)
Digimon World DS protag (Defeated Alphamon and Chronomon DM)
Masaru Daimon (I think? If so, mabybe his Low 2-C feat isn't an outlier anymore..)
WarGreymon X (Briefly contended with Omegamon, maybe 3-B since he barely did any damage?)
MetalGarurumon X (WarGrymon Xs equal)
Armageddemon (Is already "possibly 3-A")
Imperialdramon PM
Arkadimon (I think? I don't know enough about his lore)
BanchoLeomon (MAYBE)

If I messed anything up, please let me know. Also I think the weaker Royal Knights would still scale at least somewhat, maybe at last 3-B?

Also, thanks!

Looks pretty solid from my standpoint aside from the lack of the Four Great Dragons (Azulongmon, Holdydramon/Magnadramon, Goldramon, and Megidramon himself) and Imperialdramon Paladin Mode (holds Omnimon's power condensed into a sword and founded the Royal Knights).

Arkadimon should scale due to the fact that he fought UlforceVeedramon (but barely held on) and was used to form Super Ultimate Daemon.

Can't give any input on Cyber Sleuth. I don't have a Vita.

3-B WarGreymon X and MetalGarurumon X makes sense (Omnimon was basically judging them and just trying to shoo them away since he was only after Dorumon).

The lower tier Royal Knights can't be that far behind, so yeah, At least 3-B.

Bancholeomon shouldn't scale past 3-B (inferior to Marsmon if we go by Digivolution trees) but Burst Mode certainly would.

Digimon Upgrades are always cool in my book, but this is a rather massive upgrade, so we should probably consult one of the staff before they start breathing down our necks for this.

Looks pretty solid from my standpoint aside from the lack of the Four Great Dragons (Azulongmon, Holdydramon/Magnadramon, Goldramon, and Megidramon himself)

Azulongmon is already Low 2-C and Magnadramon/Megidramon are already 3-A. While Golddramon doesn't have a profile yet (I plan on making one for him), it can be assumed they scale already.

Bancholeomon shouldn't scale past 3-B (inferior to Marsmon if we go by Digivolution trees) but Burst Mode certainly would.

Yeah, I knew Bancho was kind of a stretch

Can't give any input on Cyber Sleuth. I don't have a Vita.

Its a fun game, but man its so wordy. Not to spoil anything but theirs a section near the middle of the game where one of the characters pulls you over and gives you a long speech about bhuddism and its effect in Japan.

Digimon Upgrades are always cool in my book, but this is a rather massive upgrade, so we should probably consult one of the staff before they start breathing down our necks for this.

I completely agree.

The thing about the Sovereigns right now is that they're rated anywhere between 6-A, 5-B, and Low 2-C. This upgrade places them in a more stable 3-A to Low 2-C range.

Looks pretty solid and good job Rep and Dark for all the research and effort.

Thanks, I appreciate all the feedback.

This is a fairly massive widespread upgrade, so I would still prefer to get some staff input.

You can ask the admins and moderators for input if you wish.

I mean my argument just saying I love it so I agree isnt good enough ^-^
I love Digimon so i agree with this. But that's not a good enough argument lol.
What exactly is wrong with it?

Thank you. I know it's a bother since there aren't a whole lot of Digimon fans here...

The big problem is that we need staff approval for such a widespread and big upgrade, but practically none of the staff have ever really watched Digimon so...

Well, they can still evaluate your arguments above.

@Reppuzan Sorry It took me awhile to reply here, been a tad busy

I took a bit of time looking through the OP's points/links, and if those wiki links are correct info then this upgrade looks fine to me.

however for the scaling i'm not so sure as I don't follow Digimon, could you perhaps go into a bit of detail as to who and why they're scaleable?

@LordAizenSama

Ah sure, I'd be happy to.

In Digimon, there are often three variations to any single Digimon, Vaccine, Data, and Virus (which work in a sort of rock-paper-scissors when discussed in gameplay and good, neutral, evil when discussed in terms of temperament). They often have variations in color and temperament, but they're generally similar in overall combat performance.

Let's start with Gallantmon himself. Gallantmon is an unusual case as he is a good Virus Digimon, but ChaosGallantmon is his evil counterpart who has succumbed to the destructive impulses of the Digital Hazard, a force contained within the both of them that can destroy the entire Digital World (which contrary to popular belief, consists of an entire universe rather than just a planet). However, since both are able to wield this power completely, they should be roughly equal in power.

They both scale to Megidramon, an evil dragon who is in the same evolution tree as the both of them and also wields the Digital World. In the anime, Megidramon's presence alone began to deconstruct both the Digital World and the Human World (which refers to a universe in this terminology) until he was stopped by Takato's (his Tamer/Partner) cries and the attacks of Beelzemon, a member of the Seven Great Demon Lords (who on this wiki is 3-A for scaling to fellow member Lucemon who threw down with Susanoomon, a Digimon who is capable of resetting the Digital World in a time of crisis).

The Royal Knights consist of the thirteen knight-like Digimon who protect the Digital World, or more specifically its main computer, Yggdrasil. Gallantmon is one of these knights and one of its more powerful members, comparable in performance to Omnimon/Omegamon (who in his upgraded X form reset the Digital World in one movie), Alphamon (who is Omnimon's creation counterpart in the "Alpha and Omega" play on words and the latter defers to the former as his senior on top of defeating Dexmon who threatened to devour the entire Digital World), Magnamon (who is capable of fighting one of the Three Great Angels who inherited a fraction of Lucemon's power, among which Cherubimon is capable of threatening the Digital World in its entirety), and Jesmon (who is capable of rewriting the laws of the Digital World temporarily to accomplish feats like rendering himself invulnerable), Gankoomon (Jesmon's teacher and is capable of fighting multiple high-level Mega Digimon, including Royal Knights at once). and UlforceVeedramon (who is the fastest member and wields a legendary Override sequence on top of being able to clash with Tactimon, who managed to duel Omnimon on even ground).

The rest of the Royal Knights are not quite as powerful in direct combat, but they're more than capable of keeping up to some extent, leading to the proposed "At least 3-B" rating.

The Olympos XII are the Royal Knights counterparts on the Digital World: Iliad Server, consisting of twelve Digimon based on Greco-Roman Gods. They rule in the place of Yggdrasil and the Royal Knights, and are explictly stated to have power comparable to them. In addition, in the events of the game they first appearaed in (which never came West before it shut down), the Royal Knights were set to invade the Iliad Server, prompting the XII to meet in order to face them. Thus this scales to them.

All of the BM (Burst Mode) Digimon are Digimon who have surpassed their limtis and first appeared in the Digimon Sabers/Data Squad continuity. In the anime, the Digimon who have entered this mode are able to fight even the most powerful members of the Royal Knights on even ground, and in most cases defeat them by the end of the series, leading to the scaling applying to them.

Masaru Daimon/Marcus Damon is the protagonist of Data Squad who managed to (through main protagonist hot-bloodedness) repel the attacks of several Royal Knights and even punched out the Low 2-C Yggdrasil despite being an otherwise normal human. Thus he gets this scaling as well.

The Three Great Angels (as mentioned earlier) all bear a fraction of Lucemon's power and are capable of immense feats (i.e. such as Seraphimon's Testament attack, which recreates the Big Bang at the cost of its life). Cherubimon was the only one who trheatened the entire Digital World after it was corrupted, but Ophanimon was able to hurt and temporarily assuage him despite his rampage, leading to them being labeled as "At least 3-B" in turn as Cherubimon is already labeled as 3-A.

WarGreymon X and MetalGarurumon X briefly fought Omnimon/Omegamon in the X-Evolution Movie, but honestly failed to leave a mark despite being able to keep up with him while he was targeting someone else. Thus they're at a 3-B rating.

Armageddemon managed to overpower both Imperialdramon and Omnimon in the movie, and was only defeated through the hax of Imperialdramon Paladin Mode, who is the founder of the Royal Knights and its most powerful since he represents the seat of King Arthur, leading to both of their ratings as 3-A.

The protagonist of Digimon World DS also defeated Alphamon and the "Super Ultimate" (which is a level beyond Mega) Digimon Chronomon canonically in the story, leading to his rating. Sayo and Koh have defeated their respective chiefs, Chief Glare and Chief Julia, who were not holding back with their respective parnters (Ophanimon and Chaos Gallantmon) are are considered rivals in-game, leading to their ratings as 3-A.

The Four Great Holy Dragons (Golddramon/Goddramon, Megidramon, Holydramon/Magnadramon, Azulongmon) also scale due to being in the same class as Megidramon while scaling to Azulongmon who is Low 2-C for maintaining the balance of the Digtial World in Huanglongmon's absence (who can take apart the entire Digital World into individual particles with one attack).

Arkadimon appeared in the Digimon V-Tamer manga and briefly fought UlforceVeedramon after defeating the latter's previous form, managing to withstand some of the latter's attacks despite being panicked by Veedramon's sudden jump in power. His body was later used to create the Super Ultimate form of Daemon, a member of the Seven Great Demon Lords who have fought Low 2-C entities before.

Phew... I think that's everything but remind me if I missed anything. Thanks again for helping out.

Impressive write up, Reppu! Though I do think The Three Great Angels should be 3-A, at least for their composite stats. Ophanimon was equal (or maybe even superior) than ChaosGallantmon in Digimon World: Dawn/Dusk and Seraphimon is her equal. Though it does make his big bang skill kind of weird.

It does make Testament kind of weird (why use a sacrificial attack if your normal attacks are just as strong). I also wanted to note that Cherubimon batted away Ophanimon and defeated her in a few attacks, thus my proposal for an "At least 3-B" rating since it would be consistent with the level of power they've shown.

Okay. So, should we allow this change, and if so, who wants to temporarily unlock the pages?

well, that's about 3 or 4 staff members approving of the scaling, so would it be safe to start the upgrade?

Back