• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
So, I recently did a calc that puts Dracula at Large Planet level, albeit on the lower ends since he caused an eclipse. This should scale to nearly everyone as Dracula is consistently portrayed as the "big bad" or final boss of most games.

I avoided making this thread since I thought it be an outlier, but having a discussion with Matt, he pointed out that theirs a few more feats on this scale, like Mathias Cronqvist creating a pocket dimension with a moon in it for example.

Theres also a feat in which Soma Cruz dodges light, but I'm not sure if it classifies as natural light or magical light. If someone clarifies on that, then I can calc it too.

I'm pretty sure Kid Dracula isn't canon, and fighting on a platform isn't scalable to speed anyway (Like, say, fighting on a moving train). As such, I'm not sure if the FTL stuff is consistent.

As for the 5-A stuff, I could see it, but I'll wait to see what everyone else thinks.

@Ever. That was my mindset too, but still wanted to throw it out there. I can't really find any canonicity on Kid Dracula, though it seems like the Galamoth lore in SOTN hints towards the events of it.

I disagree with using feats from Kid Dracula, as they've been retconned by the events of lament of innocence. If you got the statement which hints towards Galamoth in SOTN being similar to his Kid Dracula counterpart please link; even then I don't know if it would even scale to him or Alucard.

edit: nevermind, the links come from aria of sorrow which i'm a-ok with.

I should just remove any reference to Kid Dracula from the OP since I don't think it be usable anymore.

Things worth bringing up.

• A weak Dracula creates a dimension containing its own moon
  • Soma Cruz can dodge enemies that have mirror-reflection light based attacks, so FTL.
  • In Dracula X Chronicles, Dracula creates a Black Hole in the background that was sucking the stars of the night-sky towards it.
  • Chaos, the true main antagonistic force of the series, who is also described as the antithesis to God, has his own dimension featuring spinning stars and galaxies.

I'm not really sold on the Dracula X feat. They don't really look like stars or a black hole to me.

The moon feat seems legitimate though.

Oh right. My bad on that front.

Well, that basically confirms its not out an outlier, but would this scale to him outside of his pocket realm? Sorry, my knowledge on Castlevania is a bit rusty.

Edit: NOT an outlier, not an outlier. Whoops

I would have 5-A Dracula.

What truly matters is Soma Cruz and Chaos. Chaos in Castlevania is the root of all chaotic and evil things, as well as the embodiment of Chaos. It is the source of Dracula's power, albeit Dracula is more like an emissary / avatar.

He resides in the Chaotic Realm, which is this:

https://youtu.be/juf9dz3KoDk?t=23

This would put the series' God Tiers at 3-B.

Also, Kid Dracula is canon.

Kid Dracula takes place in the year 10,000. And in Castlevania: Judgement, the Time Reaper (Who is one of Galamoth's creations) states that he comes from 10,000 Years in the future.

https://youtu.be/pWcKiNZFSGc?t=344

Edit: To further add to the confirmation. When you obtain Galamoth's soul in Aria of Sorrow, Soma Cruz becomes immune to Time-Stop abilities, which makes perfect sense considering the Time Reaper from Castlevania: Judgment.

Well, I think that we rated Kaguya as 5-B for creating a pocket realm containing a planet, so shouldn't Dracula be 5-C for creating one thst only contains a moon?

Quickly sucking up multiple stars is a 4-A feat though.

I believe having both a planet and moon would likely mean the dimension would have a diameter comparable to the larger planets.

Yes, both a planet and a moon would likely rate as 5-A.

(I still think that we should probably upgrade Kaguya's hax rating, due to creating a pocket-universe containing a planet and sun though, but the community did not agree with me when I brought it up.)

I meant a separate hax rating, that is inapplicable for combat purposes.

It means that it is a specific ability unrelated to attack potency, similarly to how Adam Warlock merged two timelines, but did not demonstrate anywhere near this scale in any of his fights.

This logic doesn't make sense. Anything a character does has to come from said character's own body and own energy. If said character has any way of controlling energy projection and focusing his energy offensively, then such Hax / Reality Warping feats would scale to combat.

Otherwise we would need to give two tiers to every single character who's showings come from Reality Warping, or Magic, or Space-Time Manipulation, etc.

Well, we only use this standard in cases of extreme contradictions with the displayed combat power levels.

Anyway, given that this is fiction, characters can have varied strength in different areas. I have no problem with accepting this.

"Also, Kid Dracula is canon.

Kid Dracula takes place in the year 10,000. And in Castlevania: Judgement, the Time Reaper (Who is one of Galamoth's creations) states that he comes from 10,000 Years in the future."

Neither games are canon because they go against what's established in Castlevania Lament of Innocence; It makes no sense that a "Kid Dracula" would exist before Dracula (Mathias) would.

Castlevania: Judgement is canon. Iga has talked about the story of the game in length during interviews. It's a Time Travel story where a new OC character gathers a bunch of people to fight for him, and at the end of the game everyone returns to their periods, and their endings talk about how they'll achieve their "desires" (Which are all things related to the plot of future games with those characters).

Anyway, I am going to list some feats for the series.

Firstly, Dracula is the Lord of Darkness, but what exactly does that title mean?

Dawn of Sorrow explains:

Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow Walkthrough (Meeting The Cult & Balore Pt
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow Walkthrough (Meeting The Cult & Balore Pt. 4)

"For God to be perfectly good, there must be a being of perfect darkness."
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow Walkthrough (Menance Pt
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow Walkthrough (Menance Pt. 31)

"What Celia told you wasn't necessarily wrong. The Dark Lord is the entity opposite to God."
The Lord of Darkness is the entity responsible for all evil, serving as he antithesis to God's goodness.

Now for feats:

Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance Full game playthrough-0
Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance Full game playthrough-0

At 43:13.

Dracula, as a shattered spirit possessing Maxim, created the second Castle dimension, and said dimension contains another moon. Dracula while in full power, has two 4-A feats:

Castlevania Bloodlines Final Boss (Eric) Dracula - No Damage, No Subweapons, No Power Up
Castlevania Bloodlines Final Boss (Eric) Dracula - No Damage, No Subweapons, No Power Up

First is him creating a pocket dimension full of stars in the background during his fight in Castlevania: Bloodlines.

Castlevania The Dracula X Chronicles Stage 8 - Bloodlines
Castlevania The Dracula X Chronicles Stage 8 - Bloodlines

And the second is Dracula creating another pocket dimension upon transforming, this time with a visible Black Hole in the background sucking up stars.

Finally, we must understand the God-Tier of the franchise: Chaos.

Castlevania aria of sorrow full game playthrough
Castlevania aria of sorrow full game playthrough

At 1:29:00.

"The evil in this spirit comes from those who seek Chaos and destruction. So we need to cut off the source of the Chaos influencing the spirit."
"This castle is a product of Dracula's magic. It's a spiritual world. My point is this... A stream of Chaos exists within this castle as well. There is a place where only you, Dracula, can go. That's where the Chaos is!"

His enemy description in the bestiary is: "The Source of all chaotic things."

This is the only information on Chaos we get during Aria of Sorrow. Thankfully, the Akumajou Dracula: Kabuchi no Tsuisoukyoku Light Novel gives a lot more information. Some relevant quotes:

"The castle is the symbol of the chaos within humans and as long as people exist, it will not be completely sealed."
"As expected of the castle's guard, the devil's confidant, born from chaos as a god of death while being undead."
"As I've said, I would equally gain control over the human world and the source of Dracula's power, chaos. I do not intend to obey someone else's mind aside from my own. That includes you who were born out of chaos."
"If I could control the even heart that is the root of humans……Would the chaos that is born from them no longer exist? I have no interest in tranquility but it could be fun to challenge that."
""A person that can shoulder the call of chaos is appropriate to continue Dracula's name----- The one that inherits his name and power as the lord of this entire castle, will forever be my master."

To summarize, Chaos is an entity born out of the Chaos in all humans, and acts as the source of all evil, demons and chaotic things. Dracula, Death, Dracula's Demon Castle, all of them draw power from Chaos and can be cosidered manifestations. In other words, it is the true Anti-God of the series.

Chaos resides within his own dimension, The Chaotic Realm, take a look:

Castlevania Aria Of Sorrow Episode 31 Entering chaos
Castlevania Aria Of Sorrow Episode 31 Entering chaos

As you can see, the Chaotic Realm is filled with both stars and galaxies swaying and spinning in it, and this is done through Chaos' own power. This is not only a 3-B feat in potency, but also a MFTL+ feat in speed. This would scale to Soma Cruz and Julius Belmont.

A Final Tally would look like this:

Dracula: 5-C or 5-A (Created a dimension containing another Earth and Moon) | 4-A (Can create dimensions filled with stars, and Black Holes which devour said stars)

Soma Cruz: 3-B (Fought against and defeated Chaos, who is the Antithesis to God, and the source of all evil, chaos and demons, who exists in the Chaotic Realm where numerous stars and galaxies are constantly spinning as a result of his power)

I guess Dracula would be:

At least Moon level, likely Large Planet level (Created a pocket realm that contained a moon and likely a full planet as well) | Large Planet level (Caused an eclipse via telekinesis) | Multi-Solar System level (Created a pocket realm that contained multiple stars at least twice)

Key: Mathias Cronqvist | Dracula | Dracula within his pocket realm/Full Power

Not sure how to scale the Belmonts, I guess "At least Large Planet level, likely Multi-Solar System level.

Mathias and Dracula are the same person, Dark. And I'm pretty sure that Dracula didn't cause the Eclipse. Regardless, baseline Dracula is Large Planet Level, and Full Power Dracula transformations are Multi-Solar System Level.

Belmonts that only ever beat Base Dracula would get 5-A. Those who fight Full-Power Dracula get 4-A. Death also gets a likely 5-A, as he is Dracula's right-hand, though weaker than Base Dracula

Back