• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Black Maria/Tobiroppo upgrade?

I have been thinking on this one for a bit and I'm not sure if it has been discussed already but with Post-TS OP scaling getting a huge makeover I think now is a good time to go at it.

Why does Black Maria's AP not scale to Onigashima Raid base Sanji's durability (High 6-A)? Yes, he is not using Busoshoku Haki and so I, like most others, initially thought that her pummeling Sanji isn't actually a feat for Black Maria but this is inconsistent with how characters are scaled regarding durability. For any fight where it is not explicitly stated that a character is boosting their defenses with Buso, any AP feat against them is simply scaled to their base durability (i.e. MP Chopper draws blood from Queen, various feats against no Buso Whitebeard) so even if Sanji's Buso is completely nullified, Black Maria is still drawing blood from Sanji's intrinsic durability. It would be different if Sanji had stated he himself gets weaker against women but he simply does not fight women and doesn't use his Buso to defend himself - at no point is his durability lessened.

I realize this would upscale the other Tobiroppo but this is consistent with the story. X Drake already has High 6-A scaling and is never portrayed as vastly superior to his Tobiroppo peers. Additionally, Hawkins and Apoo as headliners are at best equals if not subordinates to the Tobiroppo in the hierarchy and also have High 6-A scaling. Further, Sasaki and Who's-Who felt confident they were strong enough could take an All-Star position. Granted, this also raises the lower tier Straw Hats but plot-wise that's not outrageous for the "nine commanders" of a Yonko crew.

Thoughts? I'm open to any criticism.

I have been thinking on this one for a bit and I'm not sure if it has been discussed already but with Post-TS OP scaling getting a huge makeover I think now is a good time to go at it.

Why does Black Maria's AP not scale to Onigashima Raid base Sanji's durability (High 6-A)? Yes, he is not using Busoshoku Haki and so I, like most others, initially thought that her pummeling Sanji isn't actually a feat for Black Maria but this is inconsistent with how characters are scaled regarding durability. For any fight where it is not explicitly stated that a character is boosting their defenses with Buso, any AP feat against them is simply scaled to their base durability (i.e. MP Chopper draws blood from Queen, various feats against no Buso Whitebeard) so even if Sanji's Buso is completely nullified, Black Maria is still drawing blood from Sanji's intrinsic durability. It would be different if Sanji had stated he himself gets weaker against women but he simply does not fight women and doesn't use his Buso to defend himself - at no point is his durability lessened.

I realize this would upscale the other Tobiroppo but this is consistent with the story. X Drake already has High 6-A scaling and is never portrayed as vastly superior to his Tobiroppo peers. Additionally, Hawkins and Apoo as headliners are at best equals if not subordinates to the Tobiroppo in the hierarchy and also have High 6-A scaling. Further, Sasaki and Who's-Who felt confident they were strong enough could take an All-Star position. Granted, this also raises the lower tier Straw Hats but plot-wise that's not outrageous for the "nine commanders" of a Yonko crew.

Thoughts? I'm open to any criticism.
The main reason the Tobiroppo have not been allowed to scale to the same tier as the Scabbards is due to Jack openly stating that even though the Scabbards were badly hurt by Kaido and "near death", they were still far stronger than the Tobiroppo.

The only reason Drake is excluded from this is due to him having defected well before Jack made this statement, so it couldn't have included Drake.

The main reason the Tobiroppo have not been allowed to scale to the same tier as the Scabbards is due to Jack openly stating that even though the Scabbards were badly hurt by Kaido and "near death", they were still far stronger than the Tobiroppo.

The only reason Drake is excluded from this is due to him having defected well before Jack made this statement, so it couldn't have included Drake.
That makes sense.
Although, High 6-A is a wider range of values than many tiers. Given the OP, is there still validity in scaling them within High 6-A at a significantly lower value than the scabbards? Other characters with vast differences in power still fall in the same tier, like Santoryu Zoro w/ Buso vs HK Killer, Linlin casually two-shotting Queen, etc.

That makes sense.
Although, High 6-A is a wider range of values than many tiers. Given the OP, is there still validity in scaling them within High 6-A at a significantly lower value than the scabbards? Other characters with vast differences in power still fall in the same tier, like Santoryu Zoro w/ Buso vs HK Killer, Linlin casually two-shotting Queen, etc.
Not up to me.

Back