• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Avatar AP upgrade for the avatars

I was reading the novel of Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Rise of Kyoshi and I noticed possible AP boosts for the Avatars of the universe, including Aang, Korra, and Roku. The feats are around 7-A and 6-C.

Kyoshi goes into the avatar state and raises a mountain 500 feet from the seafloor. She was also in the south pole without any visible earth.

{ But she was suddenly gripped with the overwhelming sensation that right now, in her time of desperate need, her voice wouldn't be alone.

Her hands felt guided. She didn't fully understand, nor was she completely in control. But she trusted.

Kyoshi braced her stomach, filled her lungs, and slammed her feet into the Crowding Bridge stance. Echoes of power rippled from her movement, hundredfold iterations of herself stamping on the ice. She was somehow both leading and being led by an army of benders.

A column of gray-stone seafloor exploded up from the surface of the ocean. It caught the hull of Tagaka's cutter and listed the ship to the side, tearing wooden planks off the frame as easily as paper off a kite.

A wave of displaced water swept over the iceberg, knocking pirates off their feet and smashing crates to splinters.
}

It was also noted to be a mountain by Jianzhu.

{ "You didn't tell me the reverse applied," Jianzhu said. "That you could move mountains. And you were separated from the ocean bed by two hundred paces. Not even I can summon earth from across that distance. Or across water." }

Kyoshi, after going berzerk in the avatar state, finds out she swept away the mountainside.

{ The trees were gone behind her, snapped at their trunks and torn by their roots to expose dump clumps of soil. Before here, it was as if some great hand had tried to sweep away the mountainside in a convulsion of fear and shame. Deep rips crisscrossed the stone like claws. The hilltops had been pushed over, the traces of landslides pouring down from their crests. }

Jianzhu tells a story about when Avatar Kuruk lost control in the avatar state and sunk an island.

{ The first time Kuruk practiced entering the Avatar State, we went to a small, uninhabited atoll so we wouldn't hurt anyone."

"What happened?" Yun said.

"Well, after his eyes stopped glowing and he came down from floating twenty feet in the air inside a sphere of water, the island wasn't there anymore," Jianzhu said. "The rest of us survived by the skin of our teeth. So, no, we're not triggering the avatar state. I shudder to think what would happen if an Earth avatar started hurling landmasses left and right without abandon. }

So, would these feats be enough to put the avatars at Island or mountain level or would they be kept at their same level?

This is very interesting. I think something could come out of this but I think it ultimately depends on how big the mountains or islands in question are.

Uh. Bump. The Mountain is 500 feet from seafloor, and you can take the size of the island based on the size of an average island at the very least

Somebody should ask here for calculations of the feats: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3403260

Okay. You can ask a few of the calc group members directly for help if you wish then.

the island feat is a bit vague, but the mountain should work

mountains are like 10^12 Kilograms

500 feet is 152.4 meters

This feat seems to have happened fairly fast, as it suddenly knocked the pirates off their feet, so maybe like, 5 to 1 second

5 seconds makes for 30.48 meters per second (and 6.096 meters per second per second for acceleration), 1 second makes for 152.4 meters per second (and the very same for meters per second per second)

So, .5 times 10^12 times 30.48 and 152.4^2, and 10^12 times 6.096 and 152.4 are...

Low End KE: 4.645152e+14 Joules, 111.021797323 Kilotons, Large Town level

Low end Force Equals Mass times Acceleration:
6.096e+12 Newtons, 621406727829 Kilograms, Class G

High End KE:
1.161288e+16 Joules, 2.77554493308 Megatons, Small City level

High End FMA:
1.524e+14 Newtons, 1.5535168e+13 Kilograms, Class T

well ugh

lifting strength, I guess

Thank you for helping out. It is appreciated.

I think something is being ignored in regards to the island level feat.

"what would happen if an Earth avatar started hurling landmasses left and right without abandon"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landmass

Landmasses by definition are either islands or continents, so I think a calculation can be done by using the size of an average island and an average continent

Also, Atolls are islands. The most commononly referenced Atoll is Bikini Atoll: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bikini_Atoll

"is a coral reef in the Marshall Islands consisting of 23 islands surrounding a 229.4-square-mile (594.1 km2) central lagoon"

^ It's size.

I think a calculation using an average island, a calculation using an average continent can be used to have a high-end result.

Bikini Atoll can be used for a low-end, or vice versa, whichever one is higher and lower.

Yeah, the calc is fine for lifting strength. But the things above can still be calculated, especially Bikin Atoll used as a referenced size.

@DMUA

Would you be willing to create a calculation blog?

Still not very sure about using that assumption, but yeah I can put the mountain feat into the blog

The feat in the blog looks good; though, we'll need another calc group member to approve it.

As long as it was accepted by the calc group, it can probably be applied to the avatar state, but you need some staff member(s) to carry out the edits, given the current partial lockdown.

It seems that it can be applied to the avatars in avatar state, yes.

Are some staff members willing to help out with a new Kyoshi profile, and scaling the other avatars from her?

It appears SomebodyData wrote some refutes, and Dargoo Faust also appears to have rejected it. Based on their interpretation, it appears to be more of a visionary feat rather than a storm calculation. However, I could perhaps help out in creating a Kyoshi page. But not right now.

Going to sleep for now, but got most of the stuff in my Sandbox. Also, the image pose is good, but this was originally a small thumbnail with a small background. But enlarging it kind of made the image look horrible in terms of texture. It's good render and body shape, but if there was a better quality picture that would be preferable.

I have created her profile, considering the new calculation is being questioned, I decided not to include that blog but it could be discussed here.

Need to go to work for now however.

Okay. Thank you for helping out. Once the scaling has been decided, I think that the avatars should probably have the same statistics in the avatar state.

Back