• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possession Incarnate vs One Calamitous Boi

No problem.

But still, didn't we recently write a rule against choosing a tier just because it is lower than the tier the character can potentially be in? 7-B doesn't seem to be in DT's profile, but you can correct me if I'm wrong.

The DT has a fluid tier, its not like the AoC where its one tier and it will eventually become a higher tier, the DT can quite literally be any tier between the minimum and maximum listed on its profile due to the nature of it's powers

Okay then.

I think AoC wins via time-stop, power null and BFR. DT also has his own BFR, but he doesn't lead with it and he has no answer to Power Null or Time-Stop in this form, which makes AoC landing one more likely.

Infinite speed cancels out time stop, and is it in character for the AoC to lead with either of those?

Pretty sure you can still affect someone with infinite speed with time-stop if you're powerful enough, ergo Dialga affecting Giratina in the DW.

Time-Stop? Well, more or less, but not BFR.

Correct me if i am wrong, but isn't Disembodied Thought's Infinite speed the "i am infinitely big" type, rather than the "I am unbound by Time" variation of it?

Because if so, Time Stop can still affect it

@Ultima

If something is infinite in size it would be moving at infinite speeds.

And time stops can't stop infinity.

Kepekley23 said:
Pretty sure you can still affect someone with infinite speed with time-stop if you're powerful enough, ergo Dialga affecting Giratina in the DW.

Time-Stop? Well, more or less, but not BFR.
Thats a specific case of timestop, not all timestops in general. Time stops under normal circumstances cant affect infinite speed beings

Also, any scans for him having Infinite speed in this form? The profile makes it seem like this is for his High 3-A form, where he is infinite in size, and he is obviously not anywhere near that big for this match-up.

The Everlasting said:
@Ultima

If something is infinite in size it would be moving at infinite speeds.

And time stops can't stop infinity.
well they can stop an infinitesimal fraction of it o, indeed, my bad

Kepekley23 said:
Also, any scans for him having Infinite speed in this form? The profile makes it seem like this is for his High 3-A form, where he is infinite in size, and he is obviously not anywhere near that big for this match-up.
Speed is equalized

AoC's speed in this form is MHS+, that means DT can be affected by time-stop since his speed would be equalized to hers.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Gargoyle That rule doesnt apply in this situation
I higly doubt it doesn't but I'll wait for SD or Kal to have a say since their arrival is inevitable.

Kepekley23 said:
AoC's speed in this form is MHS+, that means DT can be affected by time-stop since his speed would be equalized to hers.
Speed is always equalized to the higher of the two, and even if it werent the resistance to timestop would still carry over

The higher of the two is AoC, since DT's speed ranges from none to Infinite. He only has infinite speed on his High 3-A form, he is 7-B here, so he'd be equalized to AoC.

How would it carry over?

Because we give people with resistance to timestop via infinite speed their resistance to timestop even if their peed is lowered through speed equalization

Also, the DT has Infinite speed regardless of the form by the end of the game

When you equalize speed, infinite speed changes to resistance to time stop.

That said, to start things off, how does it deal with the several passive drains available to AoC?

Well only including the passive drains: Soul, Memory, Emotion (Need to check up on that one), and Lifeforce are all stolen by AoC just by being there. Anyone of these stolen leaves the victim in a vegetable state.

Not gonna lie, feel like this is a stomp against DT.

Well lets see...in order: Resists by virtue of not having one, Has a HEAVY resistance to, Might be affected, and resists by virtue of not having one. The DT is quite literally just a thought given sentience, there's a lot of things that it resists just by not having them in the first place.

I'm not sure about the memory one based on how it resists mind manipulation on the page, since it explicitly can purge thoughts to resist, which if anything, only helps AoC.

@Weekly AoC drains memories to leave things in a brain-dead state, deleting its own memories would make that easier.

To completely remove its memories? I mean from what I read it sounded like it can remove particular ones, removing all of it should at least leave it in a brand new state mentally, shouldn't it?

It can completely purge itself of all memories and thoughts its both had and encountered at will, and is actually required to do this to escape the Golden Gate, and it's no worse for wear

Ah I see, hmmm, tho this brings another thing, memory drain may not be effective on DT, but by absorbing its memories, AoC can mimic it.

Actually, befoe i make an argument, just out of curiosity how much do you know about the potency of the DT's possession?

Back