• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Poppy Playtime: What's the time? Revision time!

So as some of you may know, the second chapter of the popular (for good and bad reasons) indie horror game Poppy Playtime was released 11 days ago. The new chapter introduced several pieces of new lore, revelations, and characters. So I'm sure you know what that means? When there's a new chapter, there come new revisions...

The identity of Experiment 1006 + Huggy Wuggy Revisions
In the first chapter and the official trailer, there were mentions of a mysterious entity called Experiment 1006/The Prototype that was stated to be alarmingly intelligent and had no need for sustenance despite having a wired digestive system. Given some of the vague implications, it was naturally assumed that this entity was Huggy Wuggy, considering he was also the first and only monster encountered at the time.

But near the end of chapter 2, a collectible tape revealed that Huggy Wuggy and Experiment 1006 are in fact two separate entities and that Huggy's actual alias is Experiment 1170,

With that in mind, Huggy Wuggy's profile needs to be revised...
  • His Type 2 Self-Sustenance (SS) needs to be removed
  • Scan of him mauling workers needs to be removed as it refers to 1006
  • While it's already been done, I want to verify that his stamina should be downgraded from Superhuman to Athletic as SS was the main justification for the Superhuman rating
  • Intelligence also needs to be revised as the assumption of him ''Being a capable hunter who kills for fun'' spawned from 1006's SS. Though in the same tape I mentioned earlier. Huggy was stated to have an optimal level of intelligence and displayed maximum obedience to the factory's workers, prior to the creation of much smarter experiments like Mommy Long Legs, Though Huggy Wuggy's overall intelligence will still likely remain Animalistic, given his tactics and personality.
  • Huggy Wuggy can possibly get Minor Acrobatics, scaling to the Mini Huggies (smaller versions of him), who can leap a few meters toward the player
  • This last one is rather minor but I think it makes sense for Huggy Wuggy and Mommy Long Legs to be comparable to each other, as both of them were the biggest threats to the player, have demonstrated similar feats, and should also be superior to other experiments like Bunzo Bunny (who can smash the player's head with his cymbals) and the Mini Huggies (Who can easily snap the player's neck), this is also furthered by the fact Mommy was able to easily kill them after their appearances.

Some minor stuff for The Player
  • The Player's stamina should be upgraded from Average to Athletic due to being able to explore the factory, and repeatedly evade Huggy Wuggy and Mommy Long Legs without showing signs of exhaustion
  • Some more information should also be added to the Player's Intelligence, as they're able to frequently solve puzzles in the factory (many of them centering around diverting power to different machines and switches), and they're also shown to be resourceful of the environment around them such as using a large crate to stop a charging Huggy Wuggy as well as taking advantage of a grinder after Mommy accidentally got her hand stuck in it, just to name some examples.

Unless there's canon mention of the Player's stamina or a stamina mechanic to gauge his actions, I would chalk this up to game mechanics

I also don't agree with acrobatics unless there's evidence Huggy Wuggy can replicate this despite its larger size

Rest should be fine

Agreed

Also Mommy Long legs should have hundreds of meters via elasticity as several hundred feet would be standardized to 106.68 meters for the middle ground of 350 feet
Wouldn't it be Tens of meters then, since 100meters isn't hundredS

According to MLL's transfer request (basically her profile)

51CB1142-62DD-4DBE-8F05-E867BAFBE33E.png

it's stated she can stretch herself up to several hundred feet (One hundred feet is roughly equivalent to 30.48 m), even if we assume the literal meaning of several (Which is more than 2-3), MLL's maximum range would be around 121.92 m, which would indeed put her at hundreds of meters

Looks good on my end.

Her range being hundreds of meters I'm not 100 sure on. Not because she couldn't theoretically compound stretch to that length but I'm not sure a stretched finger can do all that much.

Looks good on my end.

Her range being hundreds of meters I'm not 100 sure on. Not because she couldn't theoretically compound stretch to that length but I'm not sure a stretched finger can do all that much.
She's got a direct statement of being able to stretch ANY of her limbs for several hundred feet, if that ain't hundreds of meters I don't know what is.
According to MLL's transfer request (basically her profile)

51CB1142-62DD-4DBE-8F05-E867BAFBE33E.png

it's stated she can stretch herself up to several hundred feet (One hundred feet is roughly equivalent to 30.48 m), even if we assume the literal meaning of several (Which is more than 2-3), MLL's maximum range would be around 121.92 m, which would indeed put her at hundreds of meters

Agreed, also zamn mamacita i'd love to stretch her out any day

Yeah im being outta pocket, and incredibly down bad, but sheeesh.

Though the literal meaning of several usually refers to something that’s more than 2 or 3
1 can't be several. Okay let's go to the next number.
2 would be "couple" not several. Doesn't make too much sense to say it is several, but it is possible to do so, since the etymology of "several" never implies a set amount.
3 can be several, and thus would be the lowest interpretation you can go for that'd be logically consistent with English.

If you were to pick a number more then 3, then it'd be a baseless assumption. 3 and 4 are equal interpretations, and thus to be accurate we'd go for the low end. Can't be wrong if you pick the downplay.

One thing I want to point out, the GrabPack's 9-B comes from being able to crush skulls, which I believe is getting revised to 9-C, if it hasn't concluded yet. Huggy still has the feat of breaking a metal gate after a few hits though.

However, the instructional video doesn't really show the skull getting crushed, just it getting ripped off at the neck. Wouldn't this be 9-C anyways, rather than 9-B?

Welp. looks like MLL's range isn't getting upgraded after all.
One thing I want to point out, the GrabPack's 9-B comes from being able to crush skulls, which I believe is getting revised to 9-C, if it hasn't concluded yet. Huggy still has the feat of breaking a metal gate after a few hits though
Yeah, that will definitely be revised once the 9-C skull-crushing calc has been accepted and spread out (Wonder what's taking it so long?). I have a feeling that the metal door feat would still be street level though considering it took Huggy around 3 strikes to knock it down.
However, the instructional video doesn't really show the skull getting crushed, just it getting ripped off at the neck. Wouldn't this be 9-C anyways, rather than 9-B?
I wonder what the AP for ripping off a human head would be? While the Grabpack doesn't seem capable of crushing a skull, Bunzo Bunny has been implied to, looking at his jumpscare animation

Bunzo smashing a skull should likely be fine to use for scaling, but if it isn't due to vagueness, the Mini-Huggies snap necks, which is 9-C+.

I also think it would be worth calcing the speed of the Mini-Huggies' lunges. Maybe Huggy Smashing through the steel too, if that's even possible.

Back