• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Popeye vs Elder Princess Shroob

1. You do know that Bluto was squishing him AND Transmutating him at the same time, right? It wasn't like he just turned his head into a radish and walked away, he was attacking him and transmuting him at the same time. (P;S: it took him exactly 3 seconds to change back, so it isn't quite as weak a resistance as you're making it out to be.) I'll concede the consent argument about Shapeshifting, but I still don't think Transmutation would be enough to beat Popeye. EPS would probably turn him into a shroob and walk away, assuming he's dead. Giving him enough time to slowly pull himself back together. (I might be wrong about that senario, but that seems like the most logical outcome, given the lack of prior knowledge on either side.)

2. "It also appears that he doesn't resist possession." That's all you said to me, and all I did was explain why that would be at best a last resort move for her. I wasn't implying you claimed anything...

3. His punches have three main status effects: Deconstruction, Transmutation, and BFR. All three he can do in a single punch, use without spinach, and seem to be the most commonly used powers that he has. EPS has no resistance to any of these, so all Pops needs is one or two good hits and she's out. Plus he has a bunch of other powers such as Hypnosis, duplication, and invisibility... A vastly supeior healing factor, nigh infinite stamina, and the stuff I mentioned above to help him survive long enough to Saitama her...

When I said his resistance to transmutation was weak, this was due to the fact only his head was affected. Meanwhile EPS's transmutation affects your entire body, these aren't comparable to each other.

That still isn't consistent enough. As I said before, his punches' effects are extremely inconsistent on what they do. How do you know this effect will happen specifically, when during many moments this also hasn't happened. You can't cherrypick certain moments and say this exact moment will happen again when other moments of the same occasion hasn't happened.

1. Clearly you didn't read what I said, so i'm not going to argue that point again.

2. I didn't cherrypick shit dude! Watch the cartoon, Deconstruction, Transmutation, and BFR are how Pops kills 2/3rds of his enemies. Plus he has hypnosis which is arguably even more of an insta-win move. Plus, I seriously doubt EPS is going to spam TRansmutation the second the match starts when she's never met, or knows anything about Popeye. it's on his profile, he uses those moves a ton in character, that's just how it is...

Yes, I did. Bluto's transmutation involved only affecting his head and nothing else. EPS' transmutates your entire body into a mushroom. These are not comparable.

This was cherrypicking. I just went and watched a few clips of Popeye eating spinach and anytime he puched, all that happened was his opponent was sent away. Show me this being consistent with his character. This is the same with hypnosis. Incorrect, as soon as Princess Shroob has control over herself, the first thing she did WAS spamming her transmutation beams at Bowser.

And a lot of these links aren't correct to what you claim to be.

BFR: Links 1, 2, 3, and 5 I won't really consider as real BFR. What we see here is simply Popeye sending his enemies flying away due to how hard he punches. You want to know the issue here? These are all characters that are weaker compared to Popeye. Here he's fighting a soon to be 4-A, so I heavily doubt this punch will send Shroob flying away due to being physically stronger. She's essentially a stone wall. Link 5 can be BFR, but it's inconsistent as I've said before and arguably has the same issue as before.

Transmutation: Link 1 doesn't show transmutation, that's him fixing a car (not even changing the type of car) like a blanket and that's about it. Link 2 is fine. Link 3 is also fine albeit it took three punches. Link 4 can be transmutation, but this wasn't turning someone else into something nor was he using a punch. Link 5 was punching the guy out of his suit, no transmutation there. Link 6 works, but only during the first attack. Link 7 had him restructuring the cage into something else as commonly seen in other cartoons, but that isn't transmutation. Link 8/9 is fine. Link 10/11 only changed their armors, but the people inside it were fine. Link 12 only removed the dinosaurs skin, he still had his bones. Link 13/14 is fine.

Overall "BFR": 1/5 times was it used.

Overall "Transmutation": 7/14 times waa it used.

This means in these vidoes with his punches, a total of 11 out of 19 times none of these affects actually took affect. This definitely proves it's inconsistent and we aren't even factoring that I watched a compilation of Popeye's punches doing almost nothing and probably tons of other episodes that don't as well. This still is cherrypicking.

You see that would work here, but his profile explicitly states that this only doesn't work if it's magic based. You yourself even asked if her transmutation was magic based or not. EPS can easily just spam several beams at Popeye and transmutate him.

1. Most of what you said is just opinion, nitpickery and conjecture, BFR can mean anything from kicking someone to the moon, to summoning a portal under them, to trapping someone inside a comic book. Superman has BFR because he can launch people into space, Popeye can do that AND knock people out of the animation. Just because EPS is stronger than Popeye doesn't mean neither of these will affect her, I'd call that a No-Limits Fallacy. (Plus, BFR and Sealing are completely different powers, before you say anything...)

2. Again with the "Durr... You're Cherrypicking." bullshit:

"Show me this being consistent with his character."

You asked for that, I showed you multiple examples of this happening, killing people via transmutation is not OOC of Pops to do. His Spinach can even give other people this power. I don't care if you watched some random video and said "Welp, he doesn't use those powers every time he fights someone, he doesn't have it." That's just more opinion, nitpickery and conjecture. All cartoon characters you could argue are inconsistent, characters who use Toon Force have extremely variable powers and power levels. So if a character uses certain abilities/powers on a regular basis, it's considered a canon part of their arsenal. Popeye has the powers, he uses them in character, he uses them a lot when driven to kill, EPS isn't resistant to them, stop using this stupid argument.

3. The burden of proof is on you buddy, either the transmutation beams don't work (And no, spamming them won't change the fact that they won't work. Bluto spammed the beams both times he used them on Popeye, and they still failed.) because of their Magical nature, or they instantly beat Popeye. That's been the crux of your argument since jump, so please provide some form of evidence.

Back