• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Popeye feats

Thank you for helping out. It looked good to me, with the exception that I removed the IDW company category. Also, perhaps we should use the regular "Popeye" category instead of creating a new one?

Thank you for helping out. It looked good to me, with the exception that I removed the IDW company category. Also, perhaps we should use the regular "Popeye" category instead of creating a new one?
Meh I disagree, there are a decent lot of Popeye characters I'm planning to make for the IDW version specific, which wouldn't scale relevantly to original versions.

In general I disagree with broader verses since not everyone reads everything, I'll make an IDW Popeye verse page after getting 2 more files up.

So before we add any calc I think it's very important we separate the different iterations of the character that the current profile lists because from a canon perspective it's pretty messy I mean we have 3 different IDW feats listed, one I believe that's from the original Fleischer cartoons, the speed feat for spinach is one from famous studios
so the new Popeye profile incarnation is his Comic book counterpart or a specific cartoon?
the new iteration is the one from the IDW series

Okay. Is somebody willing to write sandbox drafts for the new pages for different versions of Popeye please?

Well, that and the original cartoon series, but we already seem to have feats for that, so we can probably rework the old page for that purpose.

Thank you for helping out in any case.

Done
The boat feat could use a calc. It can get 9-A

after the first week and a half of January, I should be getting the Original Thimble Theatre Popeye comic collection hardcover book from my friend permanently after buying it back from them.
Would that help with popeye and thanks to my Girlfriend she searched for most of Popeye's original cartoons even if there might have been some lost media?
(I sure hope there isn't lost media of Popeye the sailor man though)

after the first week and a half of January, I should be getting the Original Thimble Theatre Popeye comic collection hardcover book from my friend permanently after buying it back from them.
Would that help with popeye and thanks to my Girlfriend she searched for most of Popeye's original cartoons even if there might have been some lost media?
(I sure hope there isn't lost media of Popeye the sailor man though)
Anything at all would help. I will say, there's apparently a lot of lost media in terms of Popeye the Sailor Man radio......that doesn't really change anything, just something I found out.

Also, how do we want to divide things for animated Popeye? There seem to be a few different versions, like with the Fleischer movies and the Popeye 60's cartoons. Are they all getting their own separate page?

Olive Oyl threw the woman to a star. The closest star to Earth is Sol (our sun). Granted, this is applying real life facts to a cartoon with some of the greatest cases of toon force...

Base Popeye should have Elasticity due to how stretchy he is. He should also have Martial Arts for his fighting abilities.

Anyway, spinach enhanced Popeye can shoot a tree through the sun, throw a huge boulder into space around the moon before returning to Earth, punch Brutus so hard it tilts Earth, and should scale above spinach enhanced Olive Oyl, who threw a woman to a star.

For Lifting Strength, base Popeye once pulled landmasses together, but I think that is an outlier. He has still carried houses on at least two occasions. Spiach enhanced Popeye should have at least Class T since he has the boulder feat and pulled a mountaintop toward him here (6minues:2seconds).

Between the tree through sun feat, the way he threw a boulder to the moon and back, the Earth tilting feat, the spinachstalk, and Olive's feat, I'd say he should at least be Dwarf Star level. Not as strong as his profile currently implies, but when combined with his incredible toon force and versatality/hax, even some large star level characters may have some small trouble with him.
Just an fyi popeye has pulled entire landmasses on at least 4 different occasions he also dug a hole for a year straight then was able to move the hole later in the episode

Last edited:

Yeah I'm kinda done with IDW version for now. Onto other versions :y

Also, why does one version of Popeye scale to the Sea Hag creating storms? She is not physically nearly that powerful as far as I am aware. It is for her magic alone.

Why does he have Shapeshifting exactly? Are you certain that it shouldn't be Transformation instead?
Rather best to keep Shapeshifting on his canon profile spinach effects key, Transformation is a slightly different term as like Bruce Banner transform into The Incredible Hulk or Sonic the Hedgehog transform into a Werehog. Shapeshifting is more focused on changing the user's body and body parts like Mickey, Oswald, Felix, Homer, and SpongeBob

Elasticity seems better to me as well. He cannot just disguise himself as whoever he wants.

The first one is at least some sort of Transformation. What does he do in the second video clip? I have blocked my YouTube access.

Okay. Shapeshifting usually involves more versatile usage than just turning into a few objects though, and given the nature of Popeye cartoons, the "transformations" may have been visual symbolism of being unmoveable as a boulder, or moving swift like a torpedo.

I Should be receiving the Thimble Theater First Adventures of Popeye the Sailorman comic strip collection from 1928 to 1930s when the Sailors original creator, E. C. Segar, and searching as well as buying any other Original canon comics before his Pass-away in Oct 1938. Should arrive Jan 9th or through until Jan 15th.

There are other sources for the Original canon Comic strips, Animation films and since Turner Entertainment, Time Warner, and Warner Bros own the Popeye IP franchise rights.

If Paramount Pictures/Viacom still once owns Popeye IP franchise rights to this day, I do not know what Popeye's future would hold.
Forever in my eyes, Popeye is a Paramount Picture character and he would have been a great addition to Paramount(+) Plus streaming service and made an appearance on Nickelodeon or as Cameos in their shows/movies. (Doubt potentially dlc in Nick Brawl video game).

For now, I and my GF are buying any real evidence, even through comic websites such as Comics Kingdom or Comic book stores and etc!

Back