• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Popeye feats

From what I see, it seems that base Popeye should get a variable from Wall level to City level in AP and Superhuman to MHS speed. His post spinach state should still be at sub-relativistic speed for the rocket feat. The only real problem is determining the AP of his post spinach state. For punching Brutus hard enough to tilt Earth, punching Bluto to the moon, and throwing a boulder into space, having it circle the moon, and come back to Earth, he should at least be High 6-A.

Bluto would also scale in durability.

From what I see, it seems that base Popeye should get a variable from Wall level to City level in AP and Superhuman to MHS speed. His post spinach state should still be at sub-relativistic speed for the rocket feat. The only real problem is determining the AP of his post spinach state. For punching Brutus hard enough to tilt Earth, punching Bluto to the moon, and throwing a boulder into space, having it circle the moon, and come back to Earth, he should at least be High 6-A.

Bluto would also scale in durability.
tilting the earth...
There's no way that doesn't get above planet

tilting the earth...
There's no way that doesn't get above planet
I recall doing a calculation of Supergirl slightly displacing the Moon with a basketball's impact. Despite it being only a displacement of like, 100 KM, it got like, Planet Level, IIRC.
I wouldn't be surprised if such a feat did get into Tier 5.

This is all because of those a-holes flagging video sources. The person mentioned it was a cartoon and not a comic. Still, I doubt anyone is willing to scour every single Popeye cartoon one-by-one to find it.

WIthout that, we still have Popeye giving the sun a black eye with that strength test game, shooting a tree through the sun, punching Bluto to the moon in the Popeye meets Hercules cartoon, punching Bluto around the world, and a comic scan that shows him throwing a boulder into space, orbiting the moon, and coming back to Earth. He should possibly still have star level AP. Large Star though...
well there are alot of episodes of popeye were i site i use to watch cartoons

Is someone gonna respond to the spinach calculation? Apart from that, we have Popeye hitting Brutus so hard it tilted Earth. His powers and abilities are all good. He just seems to need a revision to a variable tier from wall level to city level for base and large planet or small star level with spinach. He should also have much higher reaction speed for how he managed to hit Bluto when he came back around the world.

His base matches are all still legit.

Can somebody explain the conclusions and progress here so far please?

All feats are potentially fine, they just have to be used to scale only their version of Popeye, since our aim isn't to make only a single profile.

In this case, OG Comics feats scale only to OG Comic Popeye, and not to year 19Something toon series Popeye and other versions

Wouldn't it be fine to still use comic feats? As I said, that's where Popeye originated from.
Ye they shoukd be fine to use but gl getting ur hands on them a lot of the comics from the series i read theres more to the series but each comic is like hella expensive. As in roughly 40$ an issue thats not including whatever other series the dude has thats also gotta be hard to get

It's supposed to be a composite of cartoons and comics. We have a different profile for the film. I am really f'ing sick of composite profiles getting shafter. If you do this again with this profile, you better save it first so I can move it to another site.
Anyway, if we can't find any more feats, I have to ask again, can we use the spinach calculation from DB? Why won't someone answer me?

Here is the spinach calculation. If this calculation is correct, it would put Popeye at small star level.
The info of the calc seems incomplete, and they claim that it grew into a nearby solar system, which would only be the case if it did so but not if it only reached that 5-tipped star, as that has no reason to be as far away to Earth as a nearby real star would be. It depends on what the rest of that Popeye ep shows, to which DBshould have shown the highest reach the plant had rather than the part where it reached that 5-tipped star, that's kinda manipulative.

Not to mention that scale this to the stats of a spinach-powered Popeye is has its issues. Why is the over time grow of this coming solely from the spinach without other factors helping it grow? Even if it was, why would Popeye distribute the calories as an equal amount of power? That would be some unreal distribution of energy. Even if that was the case, why would that perfect distribution give each blow Popeye could give as much power as the number the calc gives, rather than Popeye's blow attacking with an unknown fraction of said number until going back to base?

Or in words we can all keep up with; Imagine you eat something that allows you easily destroy wall, as far as your own feats show. But then you throw that to the group and a plant the size of a tall building comes up. Does that make your evey blow with that is as powerful as a calc that could be made with the latter feat? No, it just means that thing can grow that big on its own.

While I'm on it, the side note on the top right saying "Obviously, the size of the star as seen could imply it is not an actual star." is painfuly brute.

It's supposed to be a composite of cartoons and comics. We have a different profile for the film. I am really f'ing sick of composite profiles getting shafter. If you do this again with this profile, you better save it first so I can move it to another site.
It's not supposed to be composite as composite profiles aren't allowed. You saying out of nowhere that we have a different profile for the film seems like some excuse you somehow use to make a composite Popeye between cartoons and comics be seen better, for some unknown reason. People can give you the stuff in a profile even after it gets deleted, you just have to ask in the All Purpose thread, but things will likely just be edited out from Popeye's profile anyway.

So he is still star level, but not nearly as high.

Well, his powers and abilities all seem legit, as do his other stats. Just adjust the AP and durability of his spinach enhanced state, give him a variable tier for base ranging from wall to City for punching Bluto around the Earth, give him higher reaction speed in base for punching Bluto when he came back around, and that should be okay until we start breaking him up between different continuities.

The Spinach Calculation should probably be handled by a calc group member if there's the episode where the feat is found. And I can't make any promises of any proposals or people accepting it for scaling. But it would still be a nice calculation never the less.

Just a note that we are simply intending to split the cartoon and comic book versions of Popeye into two different pages based on their respective feats, as they are very different from each other.

Back