• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Popeye feats

So, I'm not gonna lie, Popeye's profile is pretty terrible. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Popeye
There is literally no source for his higher end feats. Not for him destroying constellations, not for him lassoing the sun, not for him blowing it out. I've surfed the net a bit and never has actually seen any of those feats, just mentions of them in the vs community. We really need to get the source for them, or else Popeye would have to be downgraded.

There used to be linked animation clips for the constellation feat, not sure what happened. Hope it wasn't a flagged for copyright claims YouTube video.

I've been waiting for this. Following.
We really need to get the source for them, or else Popeye would have to be downgraded.
I'll try to look for the episode that had the constellation thing as well. For now, I'll just skim through the series' filmography and watch all of his cartoons in hopes of finding it.

Still haven't found the constellation feat, but I stumbled upon this gif while checking the respect threads on his profile. I don't know which episode is it from (I'll update this post when I do find it), but the guy who uploaded it says Popeye does this in his base form.
strengthnospinach_by_doctorworm1987-d9o755o.gif

That's not as notable as claimed. That sun is very small and clearly just in the sky, with the projectile it hit it even bouncing away while still in the sky. The projectile didn't go to space at ftl speeds, hit a real sun and came back to Earth, what happened is just what we see it happens because Toon Force.

Still haven't found the constellation feat, but I stumbled upon this gif while checking the respect threads on his profile. I don't know which episode is it from (I'll update this post when I do find it), but the guy who uploaded it says Popeye does this in his base form.
strengthnospinach_by_doctorworm1987-d9o755o.gif
This is from the very first Fleischer short. Also yeah no Spinach here.

Another Popeye feat from the Fleischer shorts (Blow me down, 1933).
Popeye post Spinach is strong enough to hit Bluto so hard that he circles the Earth in around seven seconds, and is fast enough to react to Bluto as he returns back.

Last edited:
The Hypnosis and Deconstruction sources in his P&A section link to copyright-claimed youtube videos so that’s pretty bad.

Another no Spinach Popeye feat from the Fleischer shorts (Blow me down, 1933).
No Spinach Fleischer Popeye is strong enough to hit Bluto so hard that he circles the Earth in around seven seconds, and is fast enough to react to Bluto as he returns back.

Watching the video, it appears he already ate his spinach. So wouldn’t this be Post-Spinach Popeye?

Always save your videos to Imgur or something, not YouTube, kids.

I’ll binge all of Popeye’s shorts soon, but it looks like people have tried and failed to find Popeye’s High 4-C in the past, meaning it may just not exist.

Well, there was clearly something in those copyrighted videos. People’ve reported seeing them and stuff, so clearly they either exist or there’s a Vsbattles Gas Leak lol

After scouring the internet for the feat, I've found people claiming that the constellation stuff comes from the comics instead. Do we treat them as canon material?
Yeah, Popeye’s Resistance to Existence Erasure seems to come from a comic strip

Yeah, Popeye’s Resistance to Existence Erasure seems to come from a comic strip
After checking his profile, it looks like we do treat the comics as canon. Considering that Amelia worked on the profile, who only read the comics according to Lunge, and the fact that the pic used for young Popeye is very clearly from a comic. If that's the case, I'll go skim through the comics as well and see if the feat can be found there.

Back