• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Popeye feats

We may also need to split them into more versions, if there are more than one series of toons and comic out there.

Like, if there three toons series (random example), with them being from 1930, 1960 and 1990, then there shall be a Popeye profile for each of them, instead of a single "Composite Toon Popeye"

We may also need to split them into more versions, if there are more than one series of toons and comic out there.

Like, if there three toons series (random example), with them being from 1930, 1960 and 1990, then there shall be a Popeye profile for each of them, instead of a single "Composite Toon Popeye"
The cartoons have a loose continuity, similar to Looney Tunes, but I think that they are all supposed to be the same character. Ditto for the main series of comics, which also seem considerably more coherent.

Honestly, it depends on the producer, the company and everything else.
If several series of toons or comics have been made in different years and by different people, I don't see why they should be considered the same.
We already split characters like Mickey Mouse in two different toon series, and there are many, many more out there, but we still consider them as different.

Okay. Perhaps a profile page for the classic comic book series, possibly combined with the ones by other authors that follow the same continuity, along with one for the old cartoons, then?

Sure, assuming they actually follow the same continuity, although I believe it would be difficult to figure out whether or not it's the case, but we'll see once we get an actual and more elaborate hold of feats, powers etc..

To everyone who's actively working on this, make sure to write down the episode and issue of everything you're gathering, from feats to P&A.

I agree currently the profile lists numerous feats across franchises such as cartoons and comics which don't exist in the same universe and has a summary that references his original appearance in the thimble theater comics.
The cartoons have a loose continuity, similar to Looney Tunes, but I think that they are all supposed to be the same character. Ditto for the main series of comics, which also seem considerably more coherent.
I don't think this should be the metric due to the various stylings of the series which can be seen in how characters interact with each other in the Fleischer era of films we see Popeye and Bluto fight for the love of Olive Oyl or popeye trying to protect her. in a more bizarre adaptation of the character that is the "Popeye's Island Adventures" a lot of this is removed with popeye is not even shown being in love with her so most likely probably should be split up into different continuities of the character

I have no idea why the site never informed me that the talks here continued. From what I got, my last post was the last post made here and I got no rebuttals. And I did have rebuttals to my rebuttals but they’re old now and it’s ruin the flow of the convo.

Back guys and wow looks like a lot of discussion happened. Did anyone find any leads to where this possible MSS feat might be? Looked through the pages history again and yeah it was never linked even though people claimed it was. Very weird.

Okay, so, I found another respect guide for Popeye. While the guide itself is worth looking into, it specifically mentioned a feat where Olive Oyl, after eating spinach herself, was able to throw a woman from the Earth to the sun. The feat is here at about the 5:20 mark. The star and moon are too small to be part of any AP calc themselves, but I think we can still judge the AP of the throw itself. How much AP would it take to throw someone from Earth to the sun? Popeye with spinach would naturally be superior to Olive with spinach.

Was reading this thread and I saw this
This people seem to be part of a cult or something, idk why Cal's first comment got that many likes when he imagined we were doing something we're not. I don't honestly think any of them care at all about the time wasted by having to deal with comments with awful logic even they would disagree with.
@Antvasima @DarkDragonMedeus @The_real_cal_howard aren't moderators supposed to "rise above" these kinds of disparaging and possibly even inflammatory remarks?

This people seem to be part of a cult or something, idk why Cal's first comment got that many likes when he imagined we were doing something we're not. I don't honestly think any of them care at all about the time wasted by having to deal with comments with awful logic even they would disagree with.
Never mind.

@Eficiente

You need to make a continuous effort to be on your best behaviour in this forum. As a thread moderator you are supposed to represent our staff and resolve conflicts, not risk to cause them.

Olive Oyl threw the woman to a star. The closest star to Earth is Sol (our sun). Granted, this is applying real life facts to a cartoon with some of the greatest cases of toon force...

Base Popeye should have Elasticity due to how stretchy he is. He should also have Martial Arts for his fighting abilities.

Anyway, spinach enhanced Popeye can shoot a tree through the sun, throw a huge boulder into space around the moon before returning to Earth, punch Brutus so hard it tilts Earth, and should scale above spinach enhanced Olive Oyl, who threw a woman to a star.

For Lifting Strength, base Popeye once pulled landmasses together, but I think that is an outlier. He has still carried houses on at least two occasions. Spiach enhanced Popeye should have at least Class T since he has the boulder feat and pulled a mountaintop toward him here (6minues:2seconds).

Between the tree through sun feat, the way he threw a boulder to the moon and back, the Earth tilting feat, the spinachstalk, and Olive's feat, I'd say he should at least be Dwarf Star level. Not as strong as his profile currently implies, but when combined with his incredible toon force and versatality/hax, even some large star level characters may have some small trouble with him.

Keep in mind, the forum automatically blocks urls illegal cartoon streaming websites. But adding spaces in between certain words and saying (No spaces) isn't a bad practice.

Again, what would be the Ap needed to throw someone from Earth to the nearest star? That could be used.

Would throwing a boulder to the moon and back be a Lifting Strength feat?

Back