• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Popeye destroying stellar constellations...

So, on Popeye's bio it is noted that he is tiered at...

At least Large Star level (Hit Bluto so hard that he destroyed stellar constellations, although this was done by letting him bounce between different stars, not at once.)

Does anyone have the source for this? Cartoon, Comic etc. I'm not saying it's wrong or anything, I just really want to see this.

Same. For the life of me, I cannot find this feat, and nobody has ever been able to link it. With it coming out that most of Popeye's feats were completely fabricated, I have doubts that this ever happened. Please, if you've ever seen where this feat happens, tell me, but if not I think he should be downgraded right? I don't recall him blowing out the sun either as that's another feat I can't find. The best feat Popeye has involving a sun, was giving it a black eye

But the sun wasn't even that big, and this feat should only be Large Planet. Popeye damaging the sun to this degree, considering the sun is as big as 1.3 million earths, would not be star level, rather in the large planet level range.

I do seem to remember Popeye blowing out the sun, however I can't for the life of me remember what cartoon it was. I think it was Black-and-White though.

So other people recall the feat? I checked that thread but I don't see a link to the constellation feat in there. If there is a link, maybe the title of the video can say what episode of Popeye it's from? I dunno, but if someone else remembers the feat, maybe Large Star Level Popeye is legit,

I remember that Ryukama mentioned that a cartoon Sun that can get a blue eye from regular small objects striking it, should not be considered of regular size. I suppose that Bluto bouncing between stars would be a similar case.

TheMonsterKing56 said:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.re...n_if_we_ignore_toon_force_as_an_argument/This had a link to that feat but the YouTube channel was terminated, so ƒÖä
Hmm, do you happen to know which link it may have been? We might be able to narrow down the possible episode. It's also worth noting that the poster claims that these feats are mostly from 30 out of 321 shorts. I believe it may be fair to assume that the poster may be talking about the first 30 chronologically released/made Popeye shorts, since I recognise most of the feats that are mentioned are from very early episodes, particularly the "Black-Eye Sun" feat which, being a Popeye nerd myself, I recognise as being a feat from his very first animated appearance, a crossover with Betty Boop. (At 3:47).

Popeye - The Very First Episode 1-0
Popeye - The Very First Episode 1-0

He has talked about cartoonish feats previously.

No, but he would be of help with evaluating whether the Popeye feats are valid or not.

Okay, so I was watching some Popeye, and I found something to back up him being Star Level. At 5:50 in this episode he launches a tree at the sun, which causes it to crack.

https://youtu.be/rMftkJDgQes

To make the sun crack like that is pretty impressive, so perhaps Popeye can keep his current rank of Large Star Level.

I think that Ryukama said that Popeye's star feats were invalid because the stars are presented at a cartoonishly small size.

Popeye is a cartoon that has toonforce so isn't it second nature for everything to be cartoonish. Also, you should check with Mr. Common Sense. I think he has files on all the Popeye episodes and comics too.

Okay. You can ask Ryukama and Darkanine to comment if you wish.

Back