• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Popeye & Bugs Bunny revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bugs Bunny is "impossible to define". I think a better way to describe this would be, "varies, 9-A at lowest, likely 4-B at highest, and a second version should be added for him as the animator of "likely low 2-C"

It's pointless to not try to quantify it, just understand that it varies.

Popeye also should not be "impossible to define", he did not actually beat his actual animator, just a character who drew his universe into existence, so "Possibly low 2-C" when on spinach would make more sense.

What would be the reason for Bugs' 9-A statistic? In addition, I am uncertain if drawing/reality warping a small area surrounding Daffy would truly qualify as Low 2-C.

Occasional Low 2-C Popeye may be more straightforward though.

Bugs is star level when funny or in the morally right from beating star level enemies. He's much lower when in the wrong so 9-A. Him being the animator is low 2-C because the universe wa literally a drawing to him. He's had other universe level feats as well.

I think that you will have to find some screen captures as proof. In addition, no universe was shown within that animation. He was just making Daffy look ridiculous, and similar.

Well, he broke the film due to gag humour, but no explicit high scale was displayed, so I still cannot quantify it according to our system. However, I can ask DarkLK for input.

Here is what DarkLK replied:

"I'm ok with the tier determination in accordance with the high end feats.

But I am very skeptical with jokes with the fourth wall or abilities that allow to draw reality.

You can evaluate it as a possible 2-C though."

Antvasima said:
But I am very skeptical with jokes with the fourth wall
Same. Sometimes I question myself why these are even counted outside of outlier. It's not like the character truly beat the author or truly can influence reality. If anything, it's just the author himself messing around with stuff.

For example, I could say a character beat me, but the simple fact that I would have been the one to write that in the first place makes it look like no more than a joke.

Exactly. That is why Bugs is rated as unquantifiable in the first place.

Unpopular opinion: Duck Amuck isn't a feat. Bugs Bunny just made a cartoon. That's all he did. I can do that in Flipnote Studio. If universal Bugs Bunny is a thing, that's not why. Heck, he was completely hopeless against Elmer Fudd doing the exact same thing.

Yes, again, he seems too inconsistent and hard to evaluate to get a set tier.

I'm not arguing that it's an outlier. I'm arguing that it's not a universal feat in the first place. Anyone can make a cartoon.

Well it isn't "Fourth Wall Jokes", since those are in-universe authors with in-universe cartoon.

It doesn't seem that much different from feats like "Sees X as mere fiction" to me.

While I can agree with Low 2-C Popeye since the author is clearly seen as a powerful entity compared to Popeye, in Bugs' case it seems more like Daffy was just a character in a cartoon while Bugs was in the "real world".

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Well it isn't "Fourth Wall Jokes", since those are in-universe authors with in-universe cartoon.
It doesn't seem that much different from feats like "Sees X as mere fiction" to me.

While I can agree with Low 2-C Popeye since the author is clearly seen as a powerful entity compared to Popeye, in Bugs' case it seems more like Daffy was just a character in a cartoon while Bugs was in the "real world".
If you watch the episode, you will notice Daffy tries (and fails) to resist, and the pencil is shown actually interacting with him.

The absolute best that can be argued from that is that Bugs can make drawings that become sentient. Universal So Sorry confirmed. More likely, Bugs animated the pencil as well.

That first clip, legit. Scaling Yosimite Sam to Superman, however, I'm going to assume is a joke. It's a funny joke, if it is a joke.

Despite warner and dc being a thing, even if we compared characters to DC heroes and such, i think bugs and other various cartoon characters should remain "impossible to define".

Salavtore said:
Despite warner and dc being a thing, even if we compared characters to DC heroes and such, i think bugs and other various cartoon characters should remain "impossible to define".
It should be "varies from this to this", refusing to measure it at all is just silly.

Salavtore said:
A cartoon character is like an unbreakable glass cannon, if that makes any sense.
Essentially, Bugs can destroy the universe by cutting the episode short.

LoyalservantofInti said:
WarriorWare said:
The absolute best that can be argued from that is that Bugs can make drawings that become sentient. Universal So Sorry confirmed. More likely, Bugs animated the pencil as well.
Alright. Skip to 7:00 in this.

Also note This, then notethis.
I'm really skeptical about using cross-media scaling for something as liberal as Looney Tunes. It'd kinda be like scaling Mickey Mouse to Sora.

As for the 2-C thing, that 7:00 one you just linked seems to be a lot more reliable.

LordXcano said:
LoyalservantofInti said:
WarriorWare said:
Alright. Skip to 7:00 in this.

Also note This, then notethis.
I'm really skeptical about using cross-media scaling for something as liberal as Looney Tunes. It'd kinda be like scaling Mickey Mouse to Sora.
As for the 2-C thing, that 7:00 one you just linked seems to be a lot more reliable.
Maybe you should have seperate DC comics versions for them? But yeah, bugs is 2-C from somehow doing that, at least in offense.

LoyalservantofInti said:
WarriorWare said:
Scaling Yosimite Sam to Superman, however, I'm going to assume is a joke. It's a funny joke, if it is a joke.
Why? It happened in a crossover.
Yosimite Sam doesn't even fight Superman. He just annoys him. He tells Superman that he's not one to be messed with, and Superman agrees, obviously only because of how annoying Sam is. He does not look threatened in the slightest.

Superman isn't Goku. He can't detect Sam's power level just by looking at him.

Why? It happened in a crossover.
Yosimite Sam doesn't even fight Superman. He just annoys him. He tells Superman that he's not one to be messed with, and Superman agrees, obviously only because of how annoying Sam is. He does not look threatened in the slightest.

Superman isn't Goku. He can't detect Sam's power level just by looking at him.

Alright, fair point, bugs is still low 2-C

Actually I disagree with not counting "Joke feats" as they are esstentially gags. And gag feats are literally what every cartoon character goes by. We can't just ignore them for being funny scenes or else every cartoon character here would be getting a massive downgrade. Cartoons are not like anime as any cartoon is naturally inconsistentish and it shouldnt be regarded as a real reason to not accept a feat.

Anime4Life2020 said:
Actually I disagree with not counting "Joke feats" as they are esstentially gags. And gag feats are literally what every cartoon character goes by. We can't just ignore them for being funny scenes or else every cartoon character here would be getting a massive downgrade. Cartoons are not like anime as any cartoon is naturally inconsistentish and it shouldnt be regarded as a real reason to not accept a feat.
Like I said, it should be "variable between this and this" because their abilities differ to such a major degree.

Oh.

Well, i don't know, like, Antivasma said, its really hard to put a tier on these characters.

Popeye with spinach has shown different max strengths with spinach.

He punched pluto across the planet, punched pluto to the paramount mountain logo, punched a bull so hard it turned the bull into a butcher stand with different types of meat, and yea punched the creators, albeit, animated by different people and not the same person everytime however.

Salavtore said:
Oh.

Well, i don't know, like, Antivasma said, its really hard to put a tier on these characters.

Popeye with spinach has shown different max strengths with spinach. Popeye with spinach never really struggled so it's easy to define. Bugs bunny should be "varies between" as I am saying for the fifth time.

He punched pluto across the planet, punched pluto to the paramount mountain logo, punched a bull so hard it turned the bull into a butcher stand with different types of meat, and yea punched the creators, albeit, animated by different people and not the same person everytime however.
He's never shown a limit with spinach so it's reasonable to make him universal. Bugs should be varies between

I don't get why inconsistency is such a big deal for Popeye. The closest thing to a consistent character in all of anime is Saitama, who's just shown to be "Better than you" level.

@Loyal

What i mean is, popeye hits bluto and others as hard as he can in various episodes, each time its a different level of strength it seems.

Its extremely inconsistent.

Well, cutting an episode and warping the local reality around Daffy still do not seem possible to put a solid rating on for me.

However, since DarkLK said that we might be able to evaluate their high ends as "Possibly Low 2-C", I suppose that we could go with that. Although I am uncertain about what Bugs' low end should be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back