• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Polneraff upgrade to large building

Austrian-Man-Meat

VS Battles
Retired
Silver Chariot can withstand attacks from Avdol's magician red. Including a crossfire hurricane. Putting its durabillity up to large building.

Silver chariot was also harming Magcians Red and because MR's durabillity was around large building this should increase SC's AP also. Also Polneraff was about to nullify a crossfire hurricane with a single sword swipe however he could not do this as he was caught off guard by a trap crossfire hurricane.

You can also refer to when Polneraff was matching Jotaro albeit possessed.

That was less durability and more his skill. Plus he has to shed his armor when Avdol's flames were truly burning him.

Tivanenk said:
That was less durability and more his skill. Plus he has to shed his armor when Avdol's flames were truly burning him.
Polneraff took a full on hit from Avdol's attack and was fine due to it having it's armour on.

Polnereff only removed it's armor so it would be able to overwhelm Avdol with it's speed (which it did) until Pol got hit by another suprise crossfire hurricane point blank.

And when Avdol extinguished his flames Polneraff was completely fine afterwards. It was definately durabillity.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
Tivanenk said:
Polneraff took a full on hit from Avdol's attack and was fine due to it having it's armour on.
Polnereff only removed it's armor so it would be able to overwhelm Avdol with it's speed (which it did) until Pol got hit by another suprise crossfire hurricane point blank.

And when Avdol extinguished his flames Polneraff was completely fine afterwards. It was definately durabillity.
No, he literally stated that he took his armor off to get rid of his flame and that if he gets hit again, he's screwed.

Tivanenk said:
Austrian-Man-Meat said:
Tivanenk said:

No, he literally stated that he took his armor off to get rid of his flame and that if he gets hit again, he's screwed.
Nothing was said about him removing it because of the flame. The damage Polneraff took was minute. Even Jotaro and the others said he was lightly injured. His armor was only putting him back because then it would have to take more crossfire hurricane attacks head on.

Also Silver Chariot's armor is powerful enough to withstand Avdol's attacks but it makes it slower. Hell even with armor on its like 365C. But with its armor off it made clones that was about to defeat Avdol.

Show me a scan saying Polneraff took the armor off specifically so he could remove the flames. Because I assure you he took it off so he would gain a speed boost!

Even so Polneraff's AP should be higher due to him being able to swipe away at Avdol's crossfire hurricane.

Sure

Avdol literally states that another Ankh would finish Polnareff. And Polnareff didn't overwhelm Avdol's flames either, he merely redirected them with his sword, so it can't be attributed to AP either. It's Silver Chariot's skill and speed that he was able to keep up with Avdol, not AP or durability.

Tivanenk said:
Sure
Avdol literally states that another Ankh would finish Polnareff. And Polnareff didn't overwhelm Avdol's flames either, he merely redirected them with his sword, so it can't be attributed to AP either. It's Silver Chariot's skill and speed that he was able to keep up with Avdol, not AP or durability.
Ankh would finish off Polneraff without his armor.... Thats what I said in my last point.

As I said nothing here proves Polneraff removed the armor because the flames where killing him. He simply removed it to increase his agillity to overwhelm Avdol.

Even Avdol says he survived because his armor was on. If Polneraff just kept it on Avdol would be able to consistently hit Polnereff with continuous cross fire hurricanes which is not desireable at all.

Also Polnereff even says " My stand did not disentegrate, it merely took of it's armor.The part you burned was merely the armor so I was lightly injured" This suggests the damage to the armor itself was minute and was not enough to effect Pol Pol.

Before you say " Oh it was burned etc" Polneraff clearly states that he himself took the armor off. In the anime Polnereff even says he took it off to make his stand more light. Not due to it being destroyed.

Also how is redirecting flames with an energy output of 3 tons of TNT with simple sword strikes not account for anything?

No, Polnareff was injured even through the armor itself, albeit lightly. However, since he can tank an attack of the strength, then he may get a building level in durability.

But not in AP. Hell, Silver Chariot ranks C in AP, so that's a double no towards the AP being building level. Hell, redirecting energy is actually not even that difficult.

Tivanenk said:
No, Polnareff was injured even through the armor itself, albeit lightly. However, since he can tank an attack of the strength, then he may get a building level in durability.

But not in AP. Hell, Silver Chariot ranks C in AP, so that's a double no towards the AP being building level. Hell, redirecting energy is actually not even that difficult.
He was injured yes. But in a very minor degree so it would give him Large Building durabillity.

Oh yea Pol Pol is only like C in strength so it would make sense if his AP is lower.

But still wall level seems a bit to low for Polnereff. SC was able to harm Star Platnium when he was possesed with Anubis right? And it was SC's sword that done damage I believe. Please show a scan if I am wrong about this particular statement. I feel as if I am.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
Tivanenk said:

He was injured yes. But in a very minor degree so it would give him Large Building durabillity.
Oh yea Pol Pol is only like C in strength so it would make sense if his AP is lower.

But still wall level seems a bit to low for Polnereff. SC was able to harm Star Platnium when he was possesed with Anubis right? And it was SC's sword that done damage I believe. Please show a scan if I am wrong about this particular statement. I feel as if I am.
But we don't know if Anubis amped his strength or no. Personally, I'm fine with room to small building level in AP.

Tivanenk said:
Austrian-Man-Meat said:
Tivanenk said:

But we don't know if Anubis amped his strength or no. Personally, I'm fine with room to small building level in AP.
Yeah Room/Small bulding also sounds reasonable. With Large Buillding durabillity ( It is B rank in that category)

Actually. Should Polnereff be 8C just on the basis that he was able to harm Vanilla Ice multiple times and even managed to win? I mean Vanilla Ice was a vampire in base so the stats are there.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
Actually. Should Polnereff be 8C just on the basis that he was able to harm Vanilla Ice multiple times and even managed to win? I mean Vanilla Ice was a vampire in base so the stats are there.
Pretty sure Vanilla Ice was a zombie, not a vampire.

Vanilla Ice was a vampire.

Silver Chariot is also less durable without its armor, I believe.

Promestein said:
Yea Silver Chariot with it's armour on is Large Building due to it withstanding Avdol's Crossfire hurricane. Without armor is probably wall level durabillity as a guess.

Silver Chariot's DC is Large Building due to him being able to severly harm Vanilla Ice. And he also managed to skewer DIO's head later on as well.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
Promestein said:
Yea Silver Chariot with it's armour on is Large Building due to it withstanding Avdol's Crossfire hurricane. Without armor is probably wall level durabillity as a guess.
Silver Chariot's DC is Large Building due to him being able to severly harm Vanilla Ice. And he also managed to skewer DIO's head later on as well.
I doubt it. Piercing strength is not the same as busting something.

Tivanenk said:
Austrian-Man-Meat said:
Promestein said:
I doubt it. Piercing strength is not the same as busting something.

Read the tier section

8-C: Building level

Characters/Weapons who can destroy a building, or those who can easily harm characters with building level durability.

Silver Chariot had little difficulty putting his sword through Vanilla Ice and DIO who both have building level durabillity. Therefore Silver Chariot has building level AP.

I agree with this. They fought evenly, they are implied to be equal and Polneraff even beat an opponent that one shot Avdol (although he would have gotten one shot as well).

Hmm. Well initially i put Jean and his stand at 9-B due to 1) His stands Destructive power is rated as a C. And 2) Because his feats at least puts him at around wall level, but i have put it as likely higher due to him fighting against Jotaro's Star Platinum, who at the time had done a Small Building level feat sometime after (you can check it on Jotaro's page in the feat section).

Then again, the letter grades may or may not be done linearly or some s**t like that. Meaning that while Polnareff's stand is C in Des. power, his AP feats may say otherwise. I wouldn't mind putting something like "likely much higher" or "likely Room/Small Building level". The reason i wouldn't put it any higher is that Anubis may OR may not have increased Silver Chariots power to match Star Platinum's power.

Soooo.....whatever. *shrugs*

CrossverseCrisis said:
Hmm. Well initially i put Jean and his stand at 9-B due to 1) His stands Destructive power is rated as a C. And 2) Because his feats at least puts him at around wall level, but i have put it as likely higher due to him fighting against Jotaro's Star Platinum, who at the time had done a Small Building level feat sometime after (you can check it on Jotaro's page in the feat section).
Then again, the letter grades may or may not be done linearly or some s**t like that. Meaning that while Polnareff's stand is C in Des. power, his AP feats may say otherwise. I wouldn't mind putting something like "likely much higher" or "likely Room/Small Building level". The reason i wouldn't put it any higher is that Anubis may OR may not have increased Silver Chariots power to match Star Platinum's power.

Soooo.....whatever. *shrugs*
The only problem is really Polnareff's Destructive Power being rated as C. This can be for a few reasons however.

For example while Silver Chariot himself is able to pierce/stab vampires who have building level durability. SC is not able to fully destroy one due to it's lack of AOE.

This is not for Polnareff fighting Jotaro btw. As SC stabbing DIO and Vanilla Ice suggest Large Building AP.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
This is not for Polnareff fighting Jotaro btw. As SC stabbing DIO and Vanilla Ice suggest Large Building AP.
I don't get where your getting Large Building level. Like at all. Unless you haven't bother to relook at Dio and Ice's profiles, their durability has them at Buidling level.

CrossverseCrisis said:
Austrian-Man-Meat said:
I don't get where your getting Large Building level. Like at all. Unless you haven't bother to relook at Dio and Ice's profiles, their durability has them at Buidling level.
Ah my mistake I misread it or something.

But yeah Polnareff with building level AP sounds good.

However large building durabillity makes sense when you consider Polnareff tanking attacks from Avdol such as Crossfire Hurricane. And the heat from Magicians Red is enough to vaporise soil which got it 3 tons of TNT.

Hmm....

Well i could put his stand as possibly Building level for Jean then given that, he was able to go toe to toe with Star Plat plus pierce Dio's head and Pierce through Vanilla Ice's....tongue. Also, Attack Potency doesn't have to relay on AOE. That's what we used for Destructive Capacity which was something we used last year before switching to Attack Potency. So Polnareff could possibly have up to Building level AP without having the AOE effect of one.

Hmm. Well i suppose he and his stand COULD have Large Building level since with the armor on, it did took attacks from Magician's Red....

CrossverseCrisis said:
Hmm....
Well i could put his stand as possibly Building level for Jean then given that, he was able to go toe to toe with Star Plat plus pierce Dio's head and Pierce through Vanilla Ice's....tongue. Also, Attack Potency doesn't have to relay on AOE. That's what we used for Destructive Capacity which was something we used last year before switching to Attack Potency. So Polnareff could possibly have up to Building level AP without having the AOE effect of one.

Hmm. Well i suppose he and his stand COULD have Large Building level since with the armor on, it did took attacks from Magician's Red....
So it seems we are in mutual agreement for Building AP and L Building durabillity Polnareff?

Also I believe SC managed to skewer Vanilla Ice's head like a shish kebab. Even twisted its neck.

Mmm, almost. I just need to think about it a bit more before i want to put it in.

Oh it did. But i don't think snapping someone's neck = translating it as AP. Normally Attack Potency is something that doesn't seem to involve grabbing and doing...whatever one would do to someone like what SC did to VI's neck. Building level piercing attack, i could actually go with. Building level neck snapping? Not so much. Makes me not want to upgrade him like that IMHO.

CrossverseCrisis said:
Mmm, almost. I just need to think about it a bit more before i want to put it in.
Oh it did. But i don't think snapping someone's neck = translating it as AP. Normally Attack Potency is something that doesn't seem to involve grabbing and doing...whatever one would do to someone like what SC did to VI's neck. Building level piercing attack, i could actually go with. Building level neck snapping? Not so much. Makes me not want to upgrade him like that IMHO.
Nah of course not dude xD. Building level neck snapping just sounds weird.

But yeah SC having building level piercing strength sounds good to me.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
CrossverseCrisis said:
Nah of course not dude xD. Building level neck snapping just sounds weird.
But yeah SC having building level piercing strength sounds good to me.
Yeah seriosuly, wht the hell man? XD

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
Attack Potency: Building Level . Managed to stab Vanilla Ice and harm him multiple times and also skewered DIO's head.
Durabillity: (With armor) Large Bulding, can withstand Avdol's crossfire hurricane without much issue. The heat Magicians Red produces is equivelant to 3 tons of TNT . (Without Armor) Wall Level presumably lower.

This good enough?
Yeah those are good. Though the only change is that i'd prefer keeping the C rank as his base and have building level as being "likely Building level" after the first. Basically this: 9-B, likely 8-C. And just have the reasons for both tiers for his AP.

For durability, i'd say this is perfect but i kind of feel like that we could add likely next to Large Building. Without armor part, that's perfect.

It's all good otherwise for the rest.

Sure thing man.

Will have the 9B stuff and explain its due to its C ranking. And then have Large building due to feats.

And Large Building,Presumably wall for without armor eh?

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
Sure thing man.
Will have the 9B stuff and explain its due to its C ranking. And then have Large building due to feats.

Yup, basically that.

The reason i added was i didn't want to assume that Jean is a solid 8-C with his stand. Then again, albeit he was possesed by Anubis, his stand was able to match Star Platinum in power and speed. So we could probably add that but just mostly focus on what you suggested.

And yes to the High 8-C with armor, 9-B w/o armor, durability.

That should be good, yes? No, perhaps?

CrossverseCrisis said:
Austrian-Man-Meat said:
Sure thing man.

Yup, basically that.
The reason i added was i didn't want to assume that Jean is a solid 8-C with his stand. Then again, albeit he was possesed by Anubis, his stand was able to match Star Platinum in power and speed. So we could probably add that but just mostly focus on what you suggested.

And yes to the High 8-C with armor, 9-B w/o armor, durability.

That should be good, yes? No, perhaps?
Increase SC's range to 20 meters. The JJBA wikia is listing each rank of range with a specific value.

A: 100 meters (little over 328 feet) B: 50 meters (little over 164 feet) C: 20 meters (66 feet) D: 10 meters (33 feet) E: 2 meters (7 feet)

Basically this. However I ain't sure where they got these values from. But still I can add it in and if the validity of these rankings are not to be trusted then we can change SC's range back.

I actually don't trust those values to be very honest with you, A-M-M. Like i have a translated scan pic on Jotaro's page here (not fully correct but it's the close's to what we have) that says that his stand has a range of only 2 meters. That's it (but it was reffering to SP: The World, i presume it still applies to it's original stats).

If you can show me where they actually made those values, then we can upgrade the stand range. But the main problem is that it really contradicts the range shown in the manga. Like Jotaro's was said to be only 2-3 meters and yet his stand has a C rank. Sivler Chariot was said to only go over 1 meter (at least to one of the translations of the manga i read online a little while ago). The World can go up to 10 meters and yet it officially has a C rank AFAIK.

So i'd rather we don't do that unless there's actual evidence that the stands range are higher than what they are given.

Fair enough. I too am not sure where JJBA wiki got these values from but I will investigate there later.

It may be another case of Araki's consistency..But for now I will change my edits on there range.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
Fair enough. I too am not sure where JJBA wiki got these values from but I will investigate there later.
It may be another case of Araki's consistency..But for now I will change my edits on there range.
Fair enough.

Back