• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Polnareff vs Vergil

Vergil.

Polnareff, despite his speed advantage, is vastly inferior in hax, power, and durability. Vergil can easily tank hits from Silver Requiem before using Trickster and stabbing Polnareff from behind.

Reppuzan said:
Vergil.

Polnareff, despite his speed advantage, is vastly inferior in hax, power, and durability. Vergil can easily tank hits from Silver Requiem before using Trickster and stabbing Polnareff from behind.
Vergil only wins at range due to Yamato's dimension cutting, up close Silver Chariot blitzes. And Vergil can't beat Requiem

First off, the picture only shows Silver Chariot.

Second, Grand Chariot lacks the AP to take down Vergil. He's only Building level while Vergil is Town level.

Reppuzan said:
Second, Grand Chariot lacks the AP to take down Vergil. He's only Building level while Vergil is Town level.
Vergil is city block. Thats Nelo you're talking about.

Plus His stamina gets worser as a fight gets longer. And due to Chariot's higher speed Vergil will have a really hard time against him.

Reppuzan said:

You said "Silver Requiem" in the above post. I assumed you meant SCR.

That doesnt matter, Silver Chariot is Massively FTL, Vergil isn't fast enough to handle it up close, so Polnareff could win by stabbing Vergil millions of times in a few seconds. The only way I see Vergil winning is by moving away from Polnareff and using judgement cut. And this appears to be DMC3 Vergil, the version your talking about with Town level durability is Nelo Angelo

Except Vergil also has regen and can teleport to Polnareff who is not only dim-witted and poor in combat but lacks any of his stand's abilities.

Not to mention time-slow (which he can use to walk around Silver Chariot) and the fact that he'll be pelting Polnareff with summoned swords the whole time.

Reppuzan said:
Except Vergil also has regen and can teleport to Polnareff who is not only dim-witted and poor in combat but lacks any of his stand's abilities.
Not to mention time-slow (which he can use to walk around Silver Chariot) and the fact that he'll be pelting Polnareff with summoned swords the whole time.

Polnareff is far from dimwitted. He has showcased his battle strategy against the Hanged Man and also found out how to counter Vanilla Ice's dimension of darkness by kicking sand to track its movements.

Vergil does have regen but getting excessivly hit greatly exhausts him. To such a point where beings like Arkham could beat the hell out of him.

The dim-witted part is on his summary for pete's sake. Quicksilver gives Vergil more than enough time to get around Silver Chariot via teleportation before cutting Polnareff in half.

Reppuzan said:
The dim-witted part is on his summary for pete's sake. Quicksilver gives Vergil more than enough time to get around Silver Chariot via teleportation before cutting Polnareff in half.
Vergil does not have access to quicksilver at all. He is not Dante..

Also points I showed earlier prove Polnareff to be an adept thinker. Regardless what the profile says.

Thank you for correcting me then (makes me wonder how Dante doesn't stomp Vergil in their fights)

Fair enough. Can Vergil slice through Silver Chariot?

Reppuzan said:
Thank you for correcting me then (makes me wonder how Dante doesn't stomp Vergil in their fights)

I don't think he can. Only Stands (and possibly other spiritual entities) can harm other Stands

Reppuzan said:

For the sake of things being fair. Yes Vergil is allowed to harm/see Silver Chariot.

Well, Yamato, being a sword that cuts through basically anything and everything (including the void between dimensions) qualifies in my eyes.

Plus, the "nothing can hurt this except x" argument tends to lean into NLF.

Back