• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon's Verse Cleanup

Again plenty of these outlier related issues would be reduced if we decomposited. The anime shows things differently to how the games do and the feats are very different there. (But maybe not so different but that is for another day.)

Madotsuki24 said:
But they say that it's an outlier due to DC being a very inconsistent verse, while Pokémon suffers from the same thing...
it's mostly because of the varous writers having different options on character's power level or straight up PIS

Madotsuki24 said:
Meanwhile in DC, a character does a universe level feat, no matter how many times it happens and no matter how important it is to the story.
VBW staff: "O-O-Outlier!!!!".
Regular Pokemon have quite a few tier 5-3 feats. Diglett has a very explicit SoL feat. Yet these aren't on the profiles.

The hurricane calc has been problematic for a while, but there are several 8-A feats that are still usable. At most, the + on each first stage Pokemon's profile should be removed.

00potato said:
Again plenty of these outlier related issues would be reduced if we decomposited. The anime shows things differently to how the games do and the feats are very different there. (But maybe not so different but that is for another day.)
According to the creators of the pokemon franchise, all pokemon are cannically composite

Regular Pokemon have quite a few tier 5-3 feats. Diglett has a very explicit SoL feat. Yet these aren't on the profiles.

The hurricane calc has been problematic for a while, but there are several 8-A feats that are still usable. At most, the + on each first stage Pokemon's profile should be removed.

Wait tier 3? Could you link me to those?

Alright, let's get back on track. Let's keep DC out of this.

- Magneton is three Magnemite stuck together, yes. It's a separate entity, though. We have no way of knowing whether Magneton is really greater than the sum of its parts or just... three Magnemite stuck together. We can't use a Magneton feat for Magnemite because of this.

- I'd like to see the Kabuto feat.

- How do we know Ash's Pikachu, again, is not naturally an outlier? It is quite literally the protagonist and mascot of a shonen anime.

- I've voiced the issue with the Diglett feat earlier.

- Show me the whirlpool feat.

Ash's Pikachu's feats were done very early in the series, meaning it should be somewhat comparable to a strong wild Pikachu.

Alright, then that needs to be on the profile.

Again, I'd like to see these feats that keep getting mentioned but are never shown to actually exist.

- Whirlpool feat for Horsea

- Tier 5-3 feats for various Pokemon

- Explicit SoL for Diglett

- Kabuto island feat

- Onix feat

I would stay away from trying to scale to Ash's Pikachu considering how ludicrously inconsistent it's power can be but yes more stable jurisdictions for Pokémon profiles is a must.

Gothorita and Mismagius created pocket dimensions with starry skies, gardevoir and dusknoir creating black holes, etc.

Wasn't the first Pikachu feat done after Pikachu absorbed the power from lots of other Pikachus and was getting more electricity,I don't think he was capable of doing it without all the amps, and the second feat was in the end of season 1, a.k.a after he trained to beat Brock and beating Raichu.

Oh shit, you're right, actually. It's been a while since I've watched Pokemon, but I definitely remember that.

Adem Warlock69 said:
Wasn't the first Pikachu feat done after Pikachu absorbed the power from lots of other Pikachus and was getting more electricity,I don't think he was capable of doing it without all the amps, and the second feat was in the end of season 1, a.k.a after he trained to beat Brock and beating Raichu.
No it eas the thunderbolt that it used in literally episode 1 to save ash from the flock of spearow

WeeklyBattles said:
Gothorita and Mismagius created pocket dimensions with starry skies, gardevoir and dusknoir creating black holes, etc.
Oh yeah I remember those feats; alongside the dream world stuff, Porygon's spatial/cyberspace shenanigans and so on.

Those were considered outliers if I'm not mistaken.

Gardevoir's black hole feat can probably be thrown in the trash, actually. If Gardevoir made an actual black hole, PokeEarth would be dead and that dex entry never would have been written. Hence, BS.

But the two calcs in the Pikachu profile is him destroying the Pokemon center and The Giovanni temple,there's no calc about Pikachu's attack against the spearows.

The fact that it was recorded as something a gardevoir can do means that at least one of them has done so

Nemo212 said:
Gardevoir's black hole feat can probably be thrown in the trash, actually. If Gardevoir made an actual black hole, PokeEarth would be dead and that dex entry never would have been written. Hence, BS.
It could have made a super small black hole that vanished quickly, and used it only for its radiation.

Black hole standards in fiction has been discussed to death!, let's not derail the thread on the legitimacy of a single feat. Can the 8-A feats (that have been mentioned multiple times) be added to the profiles as jurisdiction or not?.

Nemo212 said:
Alright, then that needs to be on the profile.

Again, I'd like to see these feats that keep getting mentioned but are never shown to actually exist.

- Tier 5-3 feats for various Pokemon

- Kabuto island feat

- Onix feat
Does Lanturn being a trillion times above Baseline 3-A count?

We should just scale every single first stage Pokémon to this definitely-not-an-outlier feat and make everyone DragonBall level of 3-A

Magcargo and camerupt are also 8-A just by existing and basically any pokemon can be near them without dying

I'm fine with first form Pokemon be 8-A, but I'm asking again, how does un-evolved pokemon beating their evolved forms are consistent in any way given the massive AP gap between them? In both the game and the anime, and there are plenty of examples from both

Lanturn does not count. We have established that some Pokedex entries are clearly BS. Case in point: Lanturn, Gardevoir, Shedinja (souls remain perfectly fine when looking at the shell's hole), and Mew (cannot learn Crabhammer).

I have yet to see proof of the following:

- Kabuto island feat

- Onix feat

- Mismagius pocket dimension (Was this the Rayquaza episode? Wasn't that an illusion?)

- Gothorita pocket dimension

I think Rhydon should be the one most of the Pokemon scale to, and there needs to be a link to the calc of destroying a skyscraper, The Earth power calc should be added to Diglett's profile, and if the Horses feat is exaggerated then it should be removed, and we need to calc Pikachu's attack against the Fearows and the center and Giovanni ones should be removed as the first one he's amped and in the second one he's already stronger than regular Pikachus,and there's also an Onix 8-A feat that should be added.

Thanks, Adem.

From Bulbapedia: "It is soon apparent that the Kabuto were Fukuhara Island No. 4's foundations, and the island begins to flood as the fossil Pokémon become more disturbed. As the island starts to collapse."

This clearly isn't a single Kabuto, this is a group of presumably hundreds or thousands. This feat can safely be put in the trash.

Still need to see the following:

- Onix feat

- Mismagius pocket dimension (Was this the Rayquaza episode? Wasn't that an illusion?)

- Gothorita pocket dimension

That's can explain it, but still, Bulbasaur beating Meganium is still weird (8-A+ VS. 7-A+, or like a million times difference) since I don't think that un-evolved trained pokemon can be literally a million times stronger than their wild counterparts.

I know that there's Ash's Pikachu, but he's a different story

Gilad Hyperstar said:
That's can explain it, but still, Bulbasaur beating Meganium is still weird (8-A+ VS. 7-A+, or like a million times difference) since I don't think that un-evolved trained pokemon can be literally a million times stronger than their wild counterparts.
I know that there's Ash's Pikachu, but he's a different story
I remember Ash having a Bulbasaur that was particularly stronger than others, and comparable to Venusaur. Was this his?

I don't remember the venusaur one, but it was definitely Ash's Bulbasaur who beated Meganium. It was in the last episodes of Season 5 (I think just before Johto league)

Back