• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
People often ask if it is better to have experienced evil and overcome it or to have never experienced it at all. After my Pokemon Physiology profile's acceptance was put on an indefinite hiatus, I definitely found out what it's like to experience the former.

There IS a thread in place to undo the ruling keeping my Pokemon Physiology profile from being accepted, however it is mostly dead. Upon being told that essentially my thread, and thus my profile, would go into the toilet unless the ruling went away some day, I definitely had a lot of questions on my mind. What will I do now? Did I waste my time? Do the mods hate me? All of which I had no answers for. I let them simmer in my head, until finally I got to the question I knew I'd have to answer eventually. "How mad should I be?"

Had I been a younger Sean, I would have begun to blame others. The mods, the site, the rules on the forum, VS culture, and so on. Thankfully, much like Paarthurnax from Skyrim, I have become aware of myself and the world, abandoning my evil ways, enough to come up with a peaceful path. In a depressed state I was perusing the site one day, until I found a profile simply titled "Magic (Marvel Comics)".

It is one of the best profiles I've ever seen. Instantaneously, the answer came to me, beamed to my brain in a flash of brilliance! "I'll just create another Verse-Specific Ability profile to replace the old one!" I thought to myself. "But what will be the ability?" I asked. "There's no magic in Pokemon, at least not like that." One Jimmy Neutron Brain Blast later, the answer came to me. Psychic power! Suddenly, my vigor had been restored!

So, what lies before you is my passion project, my coping mechanism, my next gift to the Pokemon franchise: my Psychic Power.

I hope it's a good read and, if I'm lucky, becomes a real profile.

(I'm actually waiting on the Astral Projection scan, which I can only grab if Sabrina calls me in HeartGold, which is a slim random chance. The finished profile will have the scan. The exact wording is actually in the quote for the profile)

Why is this in staff? Delete my comment if you think it's needed but is it that controversial to need that?

I haven't checked the scans, & only skimmed it over, because I'm very tired.

But it seems reasonable to me, so it has my tentative approval, for whatever that's worth.

NOW WHERE ARE, YOU, STAFF MEMBERS?!

Abstract Existence: As the idea of a Psychic type exists as a part of Arceus’s being, it should share his level of being as well
This is unnecessary since psychic ability itself is already not physical and purely one's mind's strength. If you were to give psychic type this ability than all other typings would also need to share this ability since they are a apart of Arceus' being, which is overall useless since they are already abilities and not something physical.

Everything else is fine.

A misconception about Psychic power is that only a few gifted people have it; that the only form of Psychic power is the thing that lets you move things with your mind, when in reality everyone has psychic powers to some degree as they possess a spirit (Mesprit), knowledge (Uxie), and willpower (Azelf). From a Pokémon's standpoint, this is why Pokémon who are not Psychic can learn moves that require Psychic ability, even by level. Sabrina clarifies that even the ability to love and bond is its own type of psychic power.
This is literally headcanon. How does possessing the three attributes the Lake Trio embody grant everyone psychic power? That seems like a massive leap in logic

Abstract Existence: As the idea of a Psychic type exists as a part of Arceus’s being, it should share his level of being as well
Should everything in the Pokemon universe be abstract because its a part of Arceus as well?

Teleportation: Those with psychic abilities can teleport
The word "teleport" being in all caps indicates she used the move Teleport, which means only Pokemon with Teleport should have this ability.

Precognition: Psychic Bryce claimed that as a Psychic, he can look into people’s future, and correctly surmised that Dawn would battle the Elite Four. Many psychics routinely look into the future; Sabrina does this practically game after game, and someone like Mega Alakazam can “foresee all things”.
How do we know every Pokemon with psychic power can see the future and past? Sabrina is a highly skilled Psychic, so why would her powers apply to everyone?

Instinctive Action: Abra can fight even while asleep through its Psychic powers. Psychic Herman was implied to have been doing the same

Abra's dex entry implies this is an ability unique to Abra. If every Psychic type Pokemon had this ability, Abra wouldn't be special. And Herman could have just been closing his eyes and using his psychic power to sense his surroundings instead of sleeping

Genius Intelligence: Users become smarter as they hone their mind, with Sabrina’s Alakazam, who is part of a species which inherently has an IQ of 5000, thanks to its training, being now so intelligent that it can “solve any problem immediately - no matter how difficult it is.”
Alakazam is a pretty high tier psychic Pokemon, this should only really apply to Pokemon like Alakazam and Metagross

Automatic Translation: Can understand the whispers of inhuman beings around them like spirits or even their own Ghost-type Pokémon
This could just be mind reading though

• Damage Boost: Psychic Terrain (and Psychic Surge which can only be obtained by a Psychic Pokémon) boosts the power of attacks. Items imbued with Psychic energy like the Mind Plate and the Psychic Gem strengthen Psychic attacks; even a spoon imbued with telekinetic energy can boost Psychic attack damage
  • Power Nullification: Psychic Terrain negates the effect of any move meant to hit its target with priority to other moves
These are done with a specific move so they obviously do not apply to every Psychic type Pokemon

Can you elaborate more?

Resistance to Martial Arts: As users of the mind, they naturally have an advantage over users of the body
This explanation is headcanon and a weird way to say they resist the Fighting type

This is literally headcanon. How does possessing the three attributes the Lake Trio embody grant everyone psychic power? That seems like a massive leap in logic
You kinda just answered your own question. Embodying those aspects is the reason they themselves are Psychic type.
Should everything in the Pokemon universe be abstract because its a part of Arceus as well?
Not everything Arceus creates is a Plate. This would only apply to the concept of Psychic power.
The word "teleport" being in all caps indicates she used the move Teleport, which means only Pokemon with Teleport should have this ability.
Humans can't learn moves. Abra can teleport whether it knows Teleport or not.
How do we know every Pokemon with psychic power can see the future and past? Sabrina is a highly skilled Psychic, so why would her powers apply to everyone?
...Through the stuff you just quoted. Not everyone is gonna get everything on this list. That's why Olympia is way better at seeing the future than Sabrina.
Abra's dex entry implies this is an ability unique to Abra. If every Psychic type Pokemon had this ability, Abra wouldn't be special. And Herman could have just been closing his eyes and using his psychic power to sense his surroundings instead of sleeping
Only its Crystal entry implies that, which is noncanon.
Alakazam is a pretty high tier psychic Pokemon, this should only really apply to Pokemon like Alakazam and Metagross
Of course, I didn't say it would apply to everyone.
This could just be mind reading though
"You are no ordinary opponent... That's what my Ghost-type Pokemon is whispering to me."

Why would it be mind reading?
These are done with a specific move so they obviously do not apply to every Psychic type Pokemon
What do you mean? Not Damage Boost because there's nothing specific about it. The move to create the Psychic Terrain wouldn't matter, and Avery didn't use a move.
Can you elaborate more?
On what? It's kinda all there.
This explanation is headcanon and a weird way to say they resist the Fighting type
It's all to say they resist the Fighting type.

Back