• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon revisions (again)

That was before it was determined that non-natural earthquakes only qualify for Radiated Waves as a method of measurement, Magnitude at its highest end is 6-C

I could also make the argument that Salamence is a mountain vaporizer.

FR/LG: It becomes uncontrollable if enraged. It destroys everything with shredding claws and fire.

HG/SS: Its uncontrollable if enraged. It flies around spouting flames and scorching fields and mountains.

Sun: When angered, it loses all sense of itself and destroys everything around it. The destruction will continue until Salamence has tired itself out.

According to pokedex entries, and enraged Salamence its known to completely destroy (which would lead to our destruction values) things with its claws and fire, and when enraged, it uses fire on the mountains, so the events are linked. And it does successfully destroy them too.

Given that it's explicitly fire, the vaporization destruction value is not a stretch to assume.

@Seed. Idk, but it depends on the size.

Also...

SolarBeam. Bulbasaur's strongest attack. Light is collected and formed into a powerful beam with intensive force
~ Dexter the Pokédex​
And SolarBeam is fired out of a mini-sun as of late, so take from that what you will.

The real cal howard said:
Oh, btw. Quick calc.==Cleffa Rides a Meteor==
Speed of meteor: 20,000 m/s according to Wikipedia.

Cleffa's weight: 3.0kg

Meteor's assumed weight: 40.0 kg (that of Minior, who Cleffa takes interest in)

Kinetic energy: 2.06 tons of TNT. Barely Large Bulding.

Guess I was thinking about Solrock and Lunatone when I said those upper tier 8 values...
Thank you for calc-ing this, cal! Nice to see it calc'd even if there is no in-universe affirmation Cleffa did arrive on the planet via meteor. But... there is a lot of in-universe speculation implying it....

Also, regarding Solrock & Lunatone, while a lot of what supports them arriving from outer space -albeit, AS meteors- is also supportive in-universe speculation, Mount Hokulani wasn't actually the first time Cleffa & Solrock/Lunatone could be found in the same area.

Cleffa could be found on Mount Coronet in Sinnoh, & if the Dual Slot was involved, Solrock/Lunatone could be found, too.

Also, at the meteor site of Kyurem, Giant Chasm, Cleffa's evolved forms, Clefairy & Clefable, as well as Solrock & Lunatone could be found. Curiously/Trivially, they all also share the Dream World Icy Cave habitat.

So for what it's worth, I think I could say I wouldn't be entirely opposed to results involving the assumption that Cleffa rode in on Solrock/Lunatone. And even then, I'd only be uncertain because a lot of the evidence seems to be in-universe speculation.

I'm neutral on that as well but am willing to agree, especially considering what Cal said about mega evolution. The stones are blatantly empowered by Xerneas and Yveltal. That for one cannot be discouraged at least.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Being powered by something =/= being equal to said source.
Wait why? And even a fraction (safe assumption) of a 5-B's power would yield like Low 5-B or at the very least very high end tier 6. So ive heard anyway.

Just because you have a 5-B granting you enough energy to do something, does not mean you yourself are 5-B. You are granted enough energy to perform said action, not the full brunt of it.

The real cal howard said:
@Seed. Idk, but it depends on the size.
Also...

SolarBeam. Bulbasaur's strongest attack. Light is collected and formed into a powerful beam with intensive force
~ Dexter the Pokédex​
And SolarBeam is fired out of a mini-sun as of late, so take from that what you will.
Y'Know if this is accepted then, Sunflowmon's Sunshine Beam would be accepted. Was this not denied?

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Just because you have a 5-B granting you enough energy to do something, does not mean you yourself are 5-B. You are granted enough energy to perform said action, not the full brunt of it.
Boi, isnt Kharn High 1-B?

A Plant Digimon which has an appearance like the sunflower. If it bathes in the sun's light it becomes very energetic, and even its offensive power rises. On days when the weather is good it will also flap the leaves on its back to fly around. Its Special Moves are firing rays of sunlight from all of its petals (Sunshine Beam)

Pretty sure the difference here is, and correct me if I'm wrong, that while Sunflowmon is stated to fire sunlight, we don't have any proof of the claim, while Solar Beam we see absorbing actual undeniable sunlight.

" Sunlight travels at the speed of light. Photons emitted from the surface of the Sun need to travel across the vacuum of space to reach our eyes."

"If it bathes in the sun's light it becomes very energetic, and even its offensive power rises"

Sunflwomon use sunlight itself. How sunlight can't be sunlight ?

Executor N0 said:
" Sunlight travels at the speed of light. Photons emitted from the surface of the Sun need to travel across the vacuum of space to reach our eyes."
Stop your scientific witchery you pagan heretic traitor!!! Go back to your liches and potions, sunlight is transonic!

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Hmm good point there. But, there is still the matter of it being at least of fraction of said 5-B power which can still yield pretty good results according to what i've heard anyway.

Plus, in specifically Xerneas and Yveltal's case, it isnt that hard to believe they can grant lower mon with power very close to their tier. Heck, a small amount of Xerneas's fairy aura made Diancie powerful enough to easily stop Yveltal's Oblivion Wing and scale close to him If she (yes its a she ovo) can do that for one mega, why wouldn't be far-fetched to say all mega stones are empowered the same way? (IIRC, Diancie's mega stone allowed her to mega evolve at all because of Xerneas's power up, but I can be wrong.

Executor N0 said:
"If it bathes in the sun's light it becomes very energetic, and even its offensive power rises"

Sunflwomon use sunlight itself. How sunlight can't be sunlight ?
The same way you cant use an old rod in a river: Prof Oak forbids it. ovo

That's not how it always works. A fraction of a 5-B's power can also be much lower as well. They are not giving direct values here. We cannot say that these guys are 5-B because a 5-B is the energy source for them. otherwise that would be saying all Z-Moves are 4-B because they came from Ultra Necrozma.

Also where is this quote, from what I've read on Bulbapedia they are just evolutionary stones that transformed due to being irradiated by Xerneas and Yveltal's power. As well as being created from meteors covered in green light.

Well were aren't arguing them to be full on 5-B. Thats definitely stretching it too far. As Cal already said, Low 5-B or just high end tier 6 is much more logical. While there isn't exact direct values it should at the very least be a fair minimal amount or fraction of the said power. Besides which it would depend on how high in the 5-B tier these guys are. Correct me if im wrong, but Yveltal and Xerneas are > 50% Zygarde>=Mega Mewtwo=Deoxys=Mega Rayquaza who did the 5-B feat. And honestly wouldn't it seem to look like cherry picking to say only Diancie's mega power was greatly amped by Xerneas but not other mega stones?

Of course im going to go with what the majoirity agree on but for now im not seeing how this wouldn't be plasuible.

EDIT: Low 6-B, sorry.

Back