• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon revisions (again)

So? Every Pokemon thread does it because that's how Pokemon profiles are treated here. Cal is right about the fact that the composite profiles scaling between composite incarnations isn't the topic of this thread

The others are right, we should deal with the original topic, which i need for the future trainers revision.

But why, if I disagree I'm not gonna go oh well. And I actually do try to not bring it up, originally I only stated what I agreed with and no more. It wasn't untill someone else brought it up that I voiced my agreement and I'm also not only one who thinks that scaling is not fine, although I concede on the anime mainline scaling .

If ta got a problem with that go ahead, hell I'll vouch for ya if I think it is fair .

"Even Cleffa has feats of reacting to meteors, and has a durability feat of 8-B via surviving the crash."

I recall having an interest in this very subject for a long time, & was frustrated by a lack of feats on the matter. Was this calculated or shown somewhere? I want to see! If it is legitimately backed up, I've no issues with it, but I don't want to voice my support for something that doesn't already have any support.

Regarding Articuno damaging Mewtwo.... If Articuno is more often portrayed as lower than Mewtwo, & we use Legendaries from across multiple incarnations, then there's some potential for consistency? And isn't it the case that Articuno's, in most of its appearance, usually on its own tier -along with the other 2 Legendary birds- & below Mewtwo's? Hence, outlier?

I feel it'd be hard to argue Pokemon being generally inconsistent is a basis for accepting that if Articuno has consistent appearances that have it below Mewtwo.

I never did answer, did I?

I'm fine with everything except:

-Speed of Light (Can't arbitrarily scale the legendaries to it)

-Articuno (If we are going to scale every legendary to 1 or 2 5-B feats I'd rather have it be consistent instead of Articuno harming Mewtwo once)

-Mega Scaling to Legendaries (I don't especially mind it, but it's going to be so controversial, I'd rather not apply it now)

Oh, I didn't want to arbitrarily scale Solar Beam. I was gonna calc dodging it in some instances in the anime, where firing sunlight was stated.

Tier 6 Final Evolutions seems accepted.

Tier 8 babies too.

Everyone is now MHS+.

Tier 5 Legendaries got rejected.

You'd need this be hella consistent if you want it to overwrite the fact that Solgaleo & Lunala are the only ones with speed exceeding light speed.

Does this mean Magikarp vs Jason is going to be removed because that was one of my best things I've made on the wiki so far. :p

I apologize if this is too much, but have we actually confirmed Cleffa is 8-B? Cal's opening post for this thread mentions it reacting to meteors, & surviving crashes, but....

Most of its entries say Cleffa are BELIEVED to have arrived on meteors.

One reason for this belief, in-universe, is because of its, unusual, star-like silhouette, it gazing "intently skywards" on nights where there were shooting stars, "as if thinking of its home" & its fondness for Minior, a meteor Pokemon. (Oddly, the silhouette also makes some believe it's a star reborn.)

More reasonable basises are Cleffa sightings increase when meteors are visible in the sky, & Cleffa being found near meteor crash sites/where shooting stars have landed.

But I'm not sure anything actually affirms it did arrive via meteors, other than said in-universe speculation. I do often trust the Pokedex to be reliable about info, but can we use this? And where's the affirmation of it REACTING to meteors?

Again, did this get shown &/or calc'd? It is a fair bit of the support for Baby Pokemon getting their tier revised.

I don't have too much of a problem with the first two paragraphs. However, everything beyond that is very iffy. Saikou makes sense.

Wah why does everyone agree with me.

But ye Cal. You'd need to provide the specific calcs for what you propose first.

Aight, I typed something earlier, and it got erased, and it took me a long while to type it. So I'm a wee bit miffed. So apologies if this sounds even more rushed.

Bumping because I have responses, rebuttals, and new things to say. To differentiate, responses and rebuttals will begin with a bullet, while new things begin with a number.

1. Any Pokemon that can learn Strength, via level up or HM, should have Class 5 lifting strength, as iirc, OBD calculated it to be so for Gen V.
  • For Megas scaling to Legends, while I'm perfectly okay with a no, wouldn't it be...remiss to dismiss this solely off of potential controversy, given that you said you wouldn't mind it (you all agreed with Saik), but the potential massive backlash caused you to dismiss. Given that we consistently have accepted, or reconsidered and accepted, things that are controversial, hard to believe, or should-be-controversial (ex: Sonic's tiering, Broly's outlier not being an outlier, Goku's singular base form at 3-A, tier 4/3/2 for most Digimon, To Aru reaching tier 1, Bleach's 5-B buff, and heck, I'll admit to planetary Pokemon, most Pokemon being greater than nukes, a tier 4 Mewtwo, and a tier 2 Lucario fitting any of those bills) and are right (sometimes to my chagrin...ovo), why would this be different, especially given we've constantly stated that we don't care about what others say? Heck, more evidence. Mega Stones are powered by the energy of the firing of the Ultimate Weapon, powered by Xerneas or Yveltal, who are the third strongest Pokemon (before you get to that unreachable bar set by Necrozma, and the infinitely more unreachable bar set by the Gen IV gods). Worse comes to worst, we make a rule to quell the influx of threads if it gets too much, or make a rule right away as a precaution. Of course, that's IFF that's accepted, and I still won't push too hard for that.
  1. I might...recalc Seismic Toss again, as it has a new animation in US/UM that could be higher. Silver lining: I can say for certain that the move has been consistently portrayed as a planetary toss.
  • I'm gonna watch the anime clip where Solar Beam is described, and if it fits the bill for a SoL attack, I'm sure I can find at least a baker's dozen of feats for dodging or reacting to it. But Saik, idk why you brought up the Gen 7 Boxart 'mons like they'd make it an outlier. Even being optimistic, the best a non-Legendary Pokemon would get is like, 3x FTL, while Solgaleo and Lunala are already in the hundreds of millions.
  • Dropping the tier Low 5-B stuff for Legends/Mythics/Megas via Articuno wounding Mewtwo somewhat, like I said I would (or at least should've said).
  1. I originally typed something about maybe Mega Legends are all 5-B, because the only ones that aren't are the Eon Duo, and that could be some sort of group scaling like we do for well...most other things here. But somewhere in High 6-A via surviving (but not tanking) a combined attack from the Primals for Mega Lati@s is better and doesn't rely on headcanon.

I can say that i like them having a lifting strength value, also i'm the type of Admin that likes to revise a verse in one-shot rather than multiple times.

Also, making new Pokémon profiles might consume more stamina in order to revise all of them, so more should be made after the revision, i also plan to add keys to the profiles that don't have their pre-evolutions listed like Dusknoir.

Note: Do you think we should also make a range scale for them?.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Changes are what again?
- New seismic toss calc for Mid-Pokémon.

- Solar Beam Speed.

- Most Mega Legends scaling to Mewtwo.

- Lifting Strength scaling via Strength.

- Range System for Pokémon stages.

I'm just saying that scaling the Megas to legendaries should probably be its own thread rather than lumping it up with everything else here

Tier 6 final evos

Tier 8 babies

Everyone and their mother is MHS+ or higher (except for babies, who are HHS+)

Tier 7 first + middle forms (Low 7-C basic via skyscraper-shattering Rhyhorn, and Low 7-B via Gen VI Seismic Toss)

The real cal howard said:
Tier 6 final evos

Tier 8 babies

Everyone and their mother is MHS+ or higher (except for babies, who are HHS+)

Tier 7 first + middle forms (Low 7-C basic via skyscraper-shattering Rhyhorn, and Low 7-B via Gen VI Seismic Toss)
If everyone is okay with this we can start editing?

It'd be nice to not forget profiles this time tho

I had to edit out Supersonic Porygon-Z earlier this week

Oh, btw. Quick calc.

Cleffa Rides a Meteor
Speed of meteor: 20,000 m/s according to Wikipedia.

Cleffa's weight: 3.0kg

Meteor's assumed weight: 40.0 kg (that of Minior, who Cleffa takes interest in)

Kinetic energy: 2.06 tons of TNT. Barely Large Bulding.

Guess I was thinking about Solrock and Lunatone when I said those upper tier 8 values...

6-C and 8-B.

For the speed rating ask Cal.

and the tier 7 I dunno, either Low 7-C or Low 7-B

Well, 6-C or High 6-C. Tyranitar's revised end, along with Charizard's high end and the Thunder calc's high end, all have values of High 6-C. Even the OBD calculated destruction of the false Kyogre got this value.

Back